Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 66676869707172 ... 99

Re: PAL

Medina flight is actually a special triangular flight to Dammam. Not entirely chartered. Similarly, another PAL hajj  flight goes to Jakarta, for onward connections to Medina. Both using the dense A333. A truly chartered flight is  provided by Saudia to Medina.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
I think a contribution factor beside spare parts is PAL aggressive utilization rates compared to other carriers which have a lower rate of usage for their long-haul aircraft.

Re: PAL

JNC03
From my favorite media outlet for leaking aircraft orders Reuters

Philippine Airlines is set to finalise an order for nine Airbus A350-1000 wide-body jets at next week's Paris Airshow, two industry sources said.

The airline announced a provisional order in May to expand its route network as air travel recovers from the pandemic.

A company source said the deal would be finalised next week subject to final contractual negotiations.

https://www.reuters.com/article/philippineairlines-airbus/philippine-airlines-to-finalise-a350-order-at-air-show-sources-idINL1N3870SS

Re: PAL

JNC03
This post was updated on .
No one is spoiling the surprise yet to the media

Well I guess the A350-1000 deal is a giveaway info to everyone since Stan announced their interest last March

The medium haul aircraft order is not a giveaway info I think but the options is revealed already by Stan last week

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
PAL just ended International flight from T2 with the last flight being PR222 for BNE Operated by an A321neo. Effective today all international flights will be in Terminal 1 while T2 will be exclusively for domestic flights!

Re: PAL

Boeing announced today entry of 8 orders for B787-900 aircraft intended for unidentified customer.

Re: PAL

There is also nine orders for A320neo aircraft from undisclosed airline customer in May.

Paris Airshow is becoming more interesting...

Boeing added a large 737 MAX order for 59 aircraft from an unidentified customer. Another unidentified customer purchased eight 787-9s, while Papua New Guinea’s Air Niugini signed up for a pair of Boeing 787s
https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/airbus-and-boeing-split-wins-in-orders-and-deliveries-in-may-2023

You can find similar story here
https://www.flightglobal.com/airframers/boeing-backlog-jumps-in-may-with-737-max-and-787-orders/153682.article

Re: PAL

JNC03
My source confirmed that some PAL execs will be present at the airshow

Airbus didn't pull off the A330neo for now🤔

What a historic victory of Boeing 787🤣

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
9 A320neo, 9 A350-1000, and 8 Boeing 787-9.

That is 26 aircraft quite substantial though I'd imagine their would be options for follow-on ordes for both A20N and B789 in the future along with option for 3 A35K and top-off for A21N and A359 assuming LH decided to keep PAL birds past 2028?

Re: PAL

frequentflier
All 77Ws are back. 772 in now flying back to MNL, and 778 flew to HKG today.

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
frequentflier wrote
All 77Ws are back. 772 in now flying back to MNL, and 778 flew to HKG today.
Was about to post this...

Another bit of good news for PAL is that 8783 is also back in service... hopefully this reduces the rolling cancellations/delays of AU flights.

Re: PAL

JNC03
The question is when will they hold the announcement and signing, Cebu Pacific did theirs 4 years ago on this day to be exact

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Fingers cross it will either be tomorrow or the 20th of June, I'd imagine it being the first for Airbus the MOU for 9 A350-1000, although for the A320neo or Boeing 787-9 could be tomorrow or a later date. But I imagine Boeing would announce it though considering it means they will secure their hold on the Philippine Market.

Re: P&W issue

JNC03
Cebu Pacific has had to ground three of its 24 Airbus NEO planes while PAL has had to take four of its eight NEO aircraft offline. This means that almost one fourth of both carriers’ planes are vulnerable to these maintenance scheduling challenges which, in turn, results in more flights being cancelled of late.

https://business.inquirer.net/406164/biz-buzz-engine-trouble-for-airlines

Re: PAL

JNC03
I expect order announcements from different airlines around 7PM onwards PH time

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
This post was updated on .
I've read from a different fourm that Boeing order announcements will be made tomorrow. I expect the MOU for the A35K with the possibility of order for the A320neo be announced today.

Most outlets are busy with Indigo 500 Order for the A320neo family consisting of a mix of A320neo, A321neo, and A321XLR.

Re: PAL

JNC03
So far 3 orders announced including the 500 aurcraft order from IndiGo

Airshow will close 1hr from now and will be back tomorrow

Re: PAL

Darkknight85
XWB_flyer wrote
I've read from a different fourm that Boeing order announcements will be made tomorrow. I expect the MOU for the A35K with the possibility of order for the A320neo be announced today.

Most outlets are busy with Indigo 500 Order for the A320neo family consisting of a mix of A320neo, A321neo, and A321XLR.
Link?

Re: PAL

chowpau
JNC03 wrote
So far 3 orders announced including the 500 aurcraft order from IndiGo

Airshow will close 1hr from now and will be back tomorrow
Are you at the airshow with Stanley?

Re: PAL

JNC03
No I am just waiting here in the Philippines

I have a live coverage of the show, I am not just waiting for PAL's agenda on the show. I am waiting for other airlines' order and innovators at the show.
1 ... 66676869707172 ... 99