Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 65666768697071 ... 99

Re: Cebu Pacific

XWB_flyer
Also I'll add Cebu Pacific which has alot of new A320neo also lease an Ex-Aer Lingus A320-200 painted all-whilte RP-C4160 which has 174 seats in an all-economy layout and different seat to their usual product.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Some things in this article can be used by Airbus to market A330neo in the present time but as we know the market changed because of the pandemic, it is not just about the passengers but cargo capacity is now heavily considered. Aside from that PAL can feel the pain of operating A333 I think due to operational costs and the age of their A333s.

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-a330neo-logic-for-pal.html?m=1

Re: PAL

frequentflier
The remaining PR A330s are relatively young. But they have problems in sourcing spares which lengthens repair times. Right now, they have 3 parked A330s which is probably causing all the cancellations and special flights to Australia.

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
This post was updated on .
frequentflier wrote
The remaining PR A330s are relatively young. But they have problems in sourcing spares which lengthens repair times. Right now, they have 3 parked A330s which is probably causing all the cancellations and special flights to Australia.
I think four (4) are currently parked.. RP-C8786, 8783, 8782, 8780

even their domestic flights are having serious reliability issues...

even with their reliability issues, they are adding flights in CRK and CEB...

I'm actually wondering if Stanley Ng and the PAL Management are doing something to address this problem (like 5J leasing aircraft in the short term) or just let this problem continue to roll over the succeeding months and hopes it blows away....

Re: PAL

86 is flying.

Domestic is having late turnaround problems, as usual, since we are entering again pre-pandemic stages. But there is no problem about the sub fleet. Its the wide body fleet that they are having problems with. Its not that they are not doing anything about it. The wide body fleet on storage that they try to reactivate requires maintenance and parts chain issues is really dire nowadays, even to the reactivated fleet.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
romantic_guy08 wrote
frequentflier wrote
The remaining PR A330s are relatively young. But they have problems in sourcing spares which lengthens repair times. Right now, they have 3 parked A330s which is probably causing all the cancellations and special flights to Australia.
I think four (4) are currently parked.. RP-C8786, 8783, 8782, 8780

even their domestic flights are having serious reliability issues...

even with their reliability issues, they are adding flights in CRK and CEB...

I'm actually wondering if Stanley Ng and the PAL Management are doing something to address this problem (like 5J leasing aircraft in the short term) or just let this problem continue to roll over the succeeding months and hopes it blows away....
I wonder if CEB and GES is in the cards? I think the question is not if they will return after suspending the route in 2021 btw, rather can the return with only a handful of A320s mostly operating flights at MNL and the DH8 fully streach with just 10 while 2 have been return to their lessor, maybe when they receive their first A20N or PAL decided to transfer some of their A321 to GAP allowing them to move A320 at CEB?

Secondly I wonder if PAL could lease additional aircraft in the short term? 5J was  very lucky getting an Ex-Shamrock A320 though is missing 6 rows of seats its still close to thier 180-188 capacity, I wonder what PAL can get for short term lease if they decided to expand capacity for the short term? There ain't alot of mid aged A320 in the market, maybe from Latin America like Avianca could be a possibility rather then European as their highly sot after.

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
86 is flying.

Domestic is having late turnaround problems, as usual, since we are entering again pre-pandemic stages. But there is no problem about the sub fleet. Its the wide body fleet that they are having problems with. Its not that they are not doing anything about it. The wide body fleet on storage that they try to reactivate requires maintenance and parts chain issues is really dire nowadays, even to the reactivated fleet.
As per FR24, 86 hasn't flown since April 26. And per Planespotters, current status is parked.

The high density A333s are also now subbing for Hawaii last June 12 and 13 (PR100, PR5100)

BTW, aside from Australia... their NA flights are also suffering from rolling flight cancellations... domestic is also suffering from a lot of cancelled flights the past week as well...

Re: PAL

Oh well. Anticipated maintenance shortfall and fleet shortages will bite them in the long run. So it did. It had been happening since last year. A two months maintenance schedule has already gone for six months and could go for another 3 months more if parts is not delivered soon. Dire straits indeed.

Re: PAL

JNC03
That's why Cebu Pacific wants to add more aircraft so if one or two is sent to maintenance, the operation is still normal

If you think PAL's situation is worse already then look for complaints on how AirAsia Philippines handle up to 7 hours of delays everyday. That's why they are expanding to next year by having 5 A321neo and A330 together with 20 A320s.

They are also struggling to reactivate A320s due to supply chain problems

Re: PAL

I recall Steve Dailisan complaining the same thing. They have 5 A320s on ground.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Some are sent in Taiwan, some in Malaysia

Some here in Manila and Clark, all special livery is grounded (puregold, all stars and I❤ASEAN)

Re: PAL

frequentflier
Arianespace wrote
Oh well. Anticipated maintenance shortfall and fleet shortages will bite them in the long run. So it did. It had been happening since last year. A two months maintenance schedule has already gone for six months and could go for another 3 months more if parts is not delivered soon. Dire straits indeed.
Only half of the PR NEOs are flying. Since they’re not really old, I wonder if they’re really just parked, or they’re waiting on parts as well.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Could be relegated to issues with the PW-1000G GTF LH subsidiary LX had to ground their A220s and some of their A320neo due to spare parts issues? Or maybe something else, I thought the issue with the PW-1100G has been solved?!

Re: PAL

Well, that is one part. The engine manufacturer. We failed to consider that in order for a jet engine to work other parts (ie turbine blades etc,) need to be there also, which material component (titanium) happens to be produced in Russia, a heavily sanctioned country by the west. Russia has Donbass now where Ukraine has their mine source. Unless we understand this political game, we cannot solve the supply chain issues.

Problems with the PW1000G engines, produced by Pratt & Whitney, are having a significant impact on the airline industry. While these engines offer lower fuel consumption and higher efficiency compared to previous generations, they have faced various logistical problems since their entry into service in 2017.

This has been particularly noticeable recently. As a result of supply chain issues and delays in maintenance and engine overhaul work, many operators have been forced to ground aircraft, leading to disruptions in their operations.
https://www.aviacionline.com/2023/06/industry-impacted-by-pratt-whitney-engines-issues/
As we talked titanium, here is a word from Airbus
MUNICH, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Airbus (AIR.PA) will halt its reliance on Russia for titanium supplies within months, a senior executive said on Thursday.

Russia is the largest producer of titanium, a strategic metal prized for its strength relative to its weight. It is used mainly in aircraft engines and landing gear for large planes.

"We are in the process of decoupling from Russia when it comes to titanium. It will be a matter of months not years," Michael Schoellhorn, chief executive Airbus Defence & Space, said.
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/airbus-says-decouple-russian-titanium-in-months-2022-12-01/
Most of the engine parts PW and RR are made in Russian factory VSMPO-Avisma is in Verkhnyaya Salda, part of the Sverdlovsk region.

VSMPO-Avisma became a key supplier and partner to Western aerospace manufacturers with the introduction of the Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 in the early 2000s, offering new alloys, additional volumes of titanium and large, complex titanium forgings. From 2004 to 2014, VSMPO executed one of the most significant industrial transformations in the aerospace industry. The partnership with aircraft OEMs, blessed by Western and Russian governments, facilitated improvements and expansions at VSMPO that were a key factor in helping commercial airplane production reach record levels.

But the U.S. government’s desire to sanction Russian titanium ran into the cold reality that the aerospace industries in the U.S. and Europe could not survive without VSMPO. There simply was not enough capacity from alternate sources.
https://aviationweek.com/defense-space/budget-policy-operations/opinion-it-time-sanction-russian-titanium

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
[...]

I think PW themselves are the problem... the Neo engine problem is so severe worldwide that GoFirst of India just declared bankruptcy since all there planes are grounded due to engine issues.

https://www.businesstoday.in/industry/aviation/story/pratt-whitneys-lazy-response-to-engine-crisis-deliberate-attempt-to-kill-us-go-first-380297-2023-05-06

Re: PAL

JNC03
They must find alternative sources for those minerals

Aside from engines, cabin (seats) are also delayed

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Is CFMI suffering the same problems too for their CFM LEAP 1A/1B?

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Russia is one of the biggest source of Titanium in the world not sure if Airbus or Boeing could find a an alternative supplier that could meet both manufacturers demands? Not unless both manufacturers decided to try sanction avoidance like a number of other western companies.

I'm actually wondering if Stanley Ng and the PAL Management are doing something to address this problem (like 5J leasing aircraft in the short term) or just let this problem continue to roll over the succeeding months and hopes it blows away....
PR parked another 77W (RP-C7778).

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
frequentflier wrote
romantic_guy08 wrote
frequentflier wrote
The remaining PR A330s are relatively young. But they have problems in sourcing spares which lengthens repair times. Right now, they have 3 parked A330s which is probably causing all the cancellations and special flights to Australia.
I think four (4) are currently parked.. RP-C8786, 8783, 8782, 8780

even their domestic flights are having serious reliability issues...

even with their reliability issues, they are adding flights in CRK and CEB...

I'm actually wondering if Stanley Ng and the PAL Management are doing something to address this problem (like 5J leasing aircraft in the short term) or just let this problem continue to roll over the succeeding months and hopes it blows away....
PR parked another 77W (RP-C7778).
so that makes it 2 parked 77Ws (72 and 78)...

Pero bilib pa din ako sa PAL, even with shortage of widebodies, plus a whacked schedule of rolling delays and cancellations... tumanggap pa ng charters for Hajj...  sabagay, guaranteed nga naman kita dun... at the expense nga lang of other passengers...
1 ... 65666768697071 ... 99