Manila International Airport

1 ... 181920212223

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

cosmicarcher
Speaking of Mabuhay Lounge...any progress about the new Mabuhay Lounge in T1?
Any idea when it will be ready to welcome passengers?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

JNC03
The Marcos Jr. administration junked the unsolicited NAIA rehabilitation proposal formulated by several Philippine conglomerates, instead approving the Transportation department’s concession plan.

In a noontime Palace briefing on Tuesday, the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Board approved a slew of infrastructure projects that included the DOTr’s solicited proposal. The proposal, crafted with the assistance of the Asian Development Bank, is pegged to cost P170.6 billion covering a 15-year concession period.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

AnonBoy
JNC03 wrote
The Marcos Jr. administration junked the unsolicited NAIA rehabilitation proposal formulated by several Philippine conglomerates, instead approving the Transportation department’s concession plan.

In a noontime Palace briefing on Tuesday, the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Board approved a slew of infrastructure projects that included the DOTr’s solicited proposal. The proposal, crafted with the assistance of the Asian Development Bank, is pegged to cost P170.6 billion covering a 15-year concession period.
Any details on this approved concession?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

They have almost the same risk allocation terms with Clark to begin with. Among them, ie revenue shortfall due to increase airport competition, would not be shouldered by the government, which is good.

Manila would still be a closed airport with respect to bilateral agreements. Clark, New Manila, and Sangley is open skies.

Another term, which could be found in Cebu contract for airport exclusivity, is not there. Which means, the airport operator would have to compete with Sangley and New Manila.

Here is also JJB in his own words,

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

JNC03
DOTr-MIAA Press Release

DOTR, MIAA OPEN BID FOR NAIA OPERATIONS, REHAB PROJECT

The contract to rehabilitate, operate, optimize, and maintain the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is now up for bidding, according to the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA).

The DOTr and MIAA invite interested parties to participate in a single-stage competitive bidding process for a Rehabilitate-Operate-Expand-Transfer modality, in accordance with the Build-Operate-and-Transfer (BOT) Law and its Revised 2022 Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).

Philippine Village Hotel

This was long overdue mired with court battles after the SC decision in 2009. Malacanang cant really do anything if the problem is litigated in court. I hope the courts won't entertain anymore MR or appeals from the occupant. This snip sums it up...

The order to vacate is in connection with a civil case by the Nayong Pilipino Foundation against PVHI and Panlilio for unlawful detainer – a case that was mired in almost eight years of courtroom debates until the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Nayong Pilipino in January 2009.

However, it wouldn’t be until December 2020 that an Alias Writ of Execution would be issued by the Metropolitan Trial Court, Branch 45, against PVHI and Panlilio. It then took almost three years for the sheriff to issue the notice to vacate in November 2023.

A notice to vacate obtained by Rappler ordered Philippine Village Hotel Incorporated (PVHI), Jose Marcel “Jocel” Panlilio, and “all persons claiming rights under it” to voluntarily vacate the premises of the hotel within 5 days of receipt.

“Failure to do so, the undersigned has no alternative but to eject you forcibly,” the notice said.

The notice was signed by Sheriff III Randy Leviste of the Metropolitan Trial Court, Branch 45, Pasay City and received by the defendants on November 14, 2023.

https://www.rappler.com/business/occupants-abandoned-philippine-village-ordered-leave-notice-vacate/
By the looks of it, it seems the occupant is trying to delay further this court action.

NAIA O&M Contract

Eight bidders bought bid documents for 170.6 billion pesos Operations and Maintenance Contract of NAIA. They are:

1. GMR Airports International B.V.,
2. San Miguel Holdings Corp.,
3. Manila International Airport Consortium,
4. Spark 888 Management Inc,
5. Asian Airport Consortium,
6. Cengiz Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.,
7. Incheon International Airport Corporation, and
8. Limak Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.

DOTr plans to release the final draft of the concession agreement on Dec. 4 and accept bids until Dec. 27. Afterward, it aims to award the contract to the most qualified bidder in 2024 which will provide the biggest infrastructure proposal to the airport complex. This early, I'm already happy with DOTr rejecting the idea to make it a mega airport.

The winning bidder is expected to be announced in the first quarter of next year. The winning bidder will be given 15 years to rehabilitate the airport’s passenger terminals and airside facilities. The deal may be extended for another 10 years if NAIA improvement targets are met.

Re: Philippine Village Hotel

romantic_guy08

MIAA takes over PVH

The Mabuhay Lounge in T1 had its soft opening a few days ago. Interesting to see pictures of it, saw some online. What do you guys think? It looks a bit small from the photos but I haven't been yet so it might be different in real life.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

frequentflier
Looks like they used a different color palette for this lounge. Hope to see more photos.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Solblanc

They’re saying it’s 1200sqm with a seating capacity of 294. Is that enough to handle all J pax for the evening flights and all of the status holders? It’s looking better, hope it gets well maintained. Now, if only the J hardproduct is consistent…

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

cosmicarcher
AnonBoy wrote
The Mabuhay Lounge in T1 had its soft opening a few days ago. Interesting to see pictures of it, saw some online. What do you guys think? It looks a bit small from the photos but I haven't been yet so it might be different in real life.
Thank you for this!!!  Oh man!  I just missed it by a couple of weeks!  I flew to SIN in early November and upon check-in the agent told me to visit the PAGSS lounge.  So, I asked, when will the Mabuhay Lounge open?  She said she isn't sure.

The picture looks promising, I'm glad it has a view too--I just hoped they cleaned up those T1 windows! Hehehe....They're a bit unpleasant tbh.  I read an article somewhere that it is the biggest lounge PAL ever built--I would hope so, it's their homebase!  I like the color scheme too, somewhat consistent with aircraft interiors, light blue hue.  This would definitely help PAL business travellers, especially those international transit thru MNL.  I hope this new T1 Mabuhay lounge will help elevate PAL branding of distinctly Filipino, distinctly world class.

I flew twice on Mabuhay class this year on T1, first I was directed to Merhaba lounge, and then more recently to PAGSS.  Both lounges are severely lacking in both service and amenities--food/drink options are lacking and quality of food is meh.  Not sure if the arrozcaldo is the PAL recipe or just trying to imitate it--but they do have it there.  Oh and the PAGSS toilet isn't working!!  I was told to go across the hall to use the other PAGSS (apparently there are two locations) toilet....I mean, come on!!!

Earlier in October, flew to Caticlan in Comfort class--I'm pleasantly surprised to see the Mabuhay lounge in T2 buzzing and quite full--food options are decent and tastes quite nice.  Was a really good breakfast for super early flight to Boracay.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

cosmicarcher
Solblanc wrote
They’re saying it’s 1200sqm with a seating capacity of 294. Is that enough to handle all J pax for the evening flights and all of the status holders? It’s looking better, hope it gets well maintained. Now, if only the J hardproduct is consistent…
I think it is.  I mean, I hope so.

The old international Mabuhay lounge in T2 only holds about 100+ passengers, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)--it's really busy.  So, with T1 capacity close to 300...so, that's a big increase.  Can't wait to try it out in my next trip.

Consistent J hard product....Yes, I'll have to agree on this one!  In the 4 segments I flew this year--Twice I flew in an old A321 with beige seats with no IFE (meh).  Once on a return leg from HND-MNL on a new-ish (???) A321 with blue seats and IFE--I was pleasantly surprised! But I don't think this was the A321Neo as they weren't the angled seats that points toward the windows and does not go full-flat--but still much better than the beige seats.  Then on another return leg SIN-MNL a B777, really spacious and comfy. Also only in the B777 I was handed a free 100mb wi-fi card, the others didn't have it.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Solblanc

The first six NEOs were in long-haul config for Australia. And then two NEOs were in a regional format with 195 passengers. There are fewer economy seats because they made room for another lavatory in the middle of the plane to make it more comfortable. The rest of the NEO deliveries were supposed to follow the regional config, but PAL ended up deferring the rest of the planes.

Re: PAL lounge

JNC03
PAL's BRAND NEW INTERNATIONAL MABUHAY LOUNGE (NAIA T1) IS NOW OPEN!

Much-awaited Philippine Airlines Super Mabuhay Lounge in NAIA Terminal 1 has opened its doors.

Business class passengers, Elite/Premier Elite frequent flyers and Million Milers taking  international flights may now experience the comfort and convenience of this elegant and well-curated structure.

The lounge has the following:
• Seating area
• Exclusive room for Million Milers
• Quiet area
• Dining area - with buffet showcasing PAL's signature meals
• Bar - with a variety of beverages including Tanduay's drink selection
• Shower rooms, restrooms for males, females, the elderly and PWDs.
• Massage corner
• Nursing area
• Vaping area

Plane spotters may position themselves in a designated area providing a good view of the ramp and skyline.

Re: Slots

JNC03
About 20 international airlines are eyeing to set up operations at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia) but the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) is still studying which ones will be given slots.

Former MIAA General Manager Bryan Co told the Inquirer they were prioritizing airlines providing nonstop flights to destinations with no direct routes yet.

Some of the airlines in the article are Air India, Vietjet and Vietnam Airlines

https://business.inquirer.net/438603/20-airlines-eye-naia-slots

Re: Slots

JNC03 wrote
Former MIAA General Manager Bryan Co told the Inquirer they were prioritizing airlines providing nonstop flights to destinations with no direct routes yet.
https://business.inquirer.net/438603/20-airlines-eye-naia-slots
What a surprise. MIAA and I coincidentally telling the same thing. The difference is about three weeks telling it ahead as posted here

What the story does not tell you is what prompted UA to fly direct SFO flight and have the slot it wanted, and not insist on its morning GUM flight. DOT told them so.

Re: NAIA O&M Contract

DOTr gets 4 proposals for P170.6 billion NAIA rehab

MANILA, Philippines —  The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has received four proposals for the P170.6-billion privatization of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

Bidders Manila International Airport Consortium (MIAC), Asian Airport Consortium, GMR Airports Consortium and San Miguel Corp. (SMC) SAP & Co. Consortium are affiliated with some of the most prominent conglomerates in the country.

MIAC is composed of Aboitiz InfraCapital, AC Infrastructure Holdings Corp., Alliance Global’s Infracorp Development Inc., Asia’s Emerging Dragon Corp., Filinvest Development Corp. and JG Summit Infrastructure Holdings Corp.

The group has tapped the services of US-based funder Global Infrastructure Partners.

Asian Airport Consortium is made up of Asian Infrastructure Airport Corp., Cosco Capital Inc. of Lucio Co, Philippine Skylanders International Inc. and PT Angkasa Pura.

It would be Cosco Capital’s first shot at the aviation business, as the Co company’s interests are mainly in liquor, property and retail.

Philippine Skylanders operates a logistics business close to NAIA, while Angkasa Pura manages a portfolio of 15 airports across Indonesia.

Meanwhile, Indian multinational GMR Group leads the GMR Airports Consortium and would be helped by Cavitex Holdings Inc. and House of Investments Inc. in pushing for its proposal.

GMR had worked with infrastructure giant Megawide Construction Corp. in designing and developing the Mactan-Cebu International Airport.

Both Cavitex Holdings and House of Investments are involved in the $11-billion construction of the Sangley Point International Airport in Cavite.

The SPIA is designed to play a crucial role in the government’s strategy to host multiple gateways within and around Metro Manila.

SMC heads the fourth and final consortium vying for the deal to operate and maintain NAIA.

The DOTr had expected at least eight participants in the NAIA bidding. The department had also sold bidding documents to Spark 888 Management, Cengiz Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S., Incheon International Airport Corp. and the Limak Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2023/12/28/2321857/dotr-gets-4-proposals-p1706-billion-naia-rehab
Clue. Secret lang ha, GIP

Re: NAIA O&M Contract

idp5601
Does MIAC's proposal remain unchanged from the earlier NAIA Consortium plan?

On another note, I really hope that whoever gets the concession puts up a people mover.

Re: NAIA O&M Contract

The proposal has changed. It does include people mover between terminals
Making Sense
1 ... 181920212223