Manila International Airport

1 ... 17181920212223

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

XWB_flyer

Long-term, I really think NAIA will become a major domestic hub connection to the major cities within the Philippines while NMIA  will be foucs on both international and has potential to become a major transpacific hub if PAL accept its future is in NMIA. CEB already has ambition with so many aircraft on order and beside both their is Air Asia and other smaller airlines!

Re: NAIA Power Outage

XWB_flyer

NAIA suffered a power outage eariler this morning multiple flight caoncelled

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2023/5/1/NAIA-Terminal-3-airport-power-outage.html

Re: NAIA Power Outage

In short, system overload. It always trips when its overloaded.

And JJB answered the culprit, in a subtle way.

"Marami na kasing tenants sa Terminal 3. It wasn't design that way."
Particularly referring to the many restaurants on the third level that uses electric filaments for cooking. Matakaw talaga yan sa kuryente.

Re: NAIA Power Outage

XWB_flyer

When I was transiting T3, I saw a lot of establishments from video screens showing advertisements to coffee shops, cafes, restaurants, boutique stores, etc.

I sometimes wonder if their should be that many establishment in T3 or should be space out in different parts around the terminal building?

NAIA Airport Operator

BBM will inspect the operations of GIC run-Gatwick airport when he lands in the UK. To see how they would be able to manage the growing traffic in NAIA. It appears to me to be "lutong macao". I like the President's proactive stance. But this strategy won't fly. Believe me, it won't. This early I see already the PIATCO mess in the making.

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

XWB_flyer
Arianespace wrote
BBM will inspect the operations of GIC run-Gatwick airport when he lands in the UK. To see how they would be able to manage the growing traffic in NAIA. It appears to me to be "lutong macao". I like the President's proactive stance. But this strategy won't fly. Believe me, it won't. This early I see already the PIATCO mess in the making.
What about PIATCO? Also what is the best model for NAIA to be turn to a domestic airport while majority of international flights are st NMIA?

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

JNC03
Marcos Jr. landed already in Gatwick using Gulfstream G650, will he meet the airport's administration shortly before leaving?

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

One best practice at Gatwick airport is drop-off fee of 5 pounds. If GIC wins NAIA contract prepare to pay a toll on your way to the terminal. But walking quarter kilometer is free. Yeah, BBM should learn that.

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

JNC03
Marcos Jr met with GIC chairman G. Bayo Ogunlesi at Gatwick Airport

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

Another best practice at Gatwick airport is forbidding turboprop & GA plane operations which I think is a sound practice at congested airport.

However, this is not something new as I heard this before during the previous administration. Had their been no covid, turboprops could already have relocated in Sangley.

Also, the secret to unlocking more passenger throughput is up-gauging the turboprop equipment to jets. so we could see the A320 as the smallest plane allowed to land when GIC takes over.

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

XWB_flyer

Arianespace wrote
Another best practice at Gatwick airport is forbidding turboprop & GA plane operations which I think is a sound practice at congested airport.

However, this is not something new as I heard this before during the previous administration. Had their been no covid, turboprops could already have relocated in Sangley.

Also, the secret to unlocking more passenger throughput is up-gauging the turboprop equipment to jets. so we could see the A320 as the smallest plane allowed to land when GIC takes over.

I remember PAL tried to base their Dash 8-Q400 in CRK, CEB, DVO and ZAM. It didn't last though thanks to the pandemic and the distance between MNL-CRK. If this happend I imagined it will change the domestic landscape with smaller aircraft being assigned in smaller hubs while MNL will be served primarily with the A320 or A321. An alternative to Clark would be SGY for both turboprop aircraft and general aviation while Cargo could be moved to CRK or NMIA in  the future.

NAIA Airport Operator

Another best practices at Gatwick airport is reducing flight separation pattern.

But that is not anymore NAIA but CAAP. So I would not include that, although they were part of the presentation together with the rapid exits which we already have.

Ours currently is 5 minutes (22TOLs). Our ATC controllers has done 4 minute separation particularly during heavy traffic. I witness them doing this kind of stuff a lot of times. Minima for take-off is between 2 to 3 minutes depending on aircraft on the active and behind.

The only relevant discussion is the terminal expansion and connectors which you could see at LGW.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
romantic_guy08 wrote
romantic_guy08 wrote
Looks like the planned  terminal reassignment in NAIA will be expedited to the middle of this year in light of the several issues of off-loading of passengers due to long queues at Immigration esp. in T3.

 By mid-year, MIAA is preparing to roll out more improvements in immigration processing, including a physical re-laying out of Terminal 3 to make room for more immigration counters, and the reassignment of terminals, which aims to turn Terminal 2 into all-domestic.
https://www.miaa.gov.ph/index.php/announcements/press-release/4056-miaa-works-with-bi-to-reduce-congestion-at-naia-immigration-counters?fbclid=IwAR3wOvzdMWHrqdx7e1sHR2SWU-oFoQ9J7RrL6uV8dzKkLuiCmS7xfTw6YB8
Read this somewhere...

MIAA Plan is:

Terminal 1:

Philippine Airlines (International)
Etihad
Saudia
JAL
Thai

Terminal 2
Philippine Airlines (Domestic)
Cebu Pacific (Domestic)

Terminal 3
Cebu Pacific (International)
All other Int'l carriers except the 5 assigned in T1

Terminal 4
All other airlines serving domestic except PAL, Cebu Pacific

Are there changes in the terminal assignments? KE, OZ, CI and BR will remain in T1

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

JNC03
Royal Air to transfer domestic at T2 while intl flights will remain in T1

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Philippine Airlines Domestic will now be relocated to NAIA T2 Northwing with Z2 and Royal Air assigned at the South Wing.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Z2 readying to move to T2 Southwing... from: airasia Super App

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

JNC03
MIAA is considering the transfer of the international flights of low-cost carrier AirAsia Philippines to NAIA Terminal 1 but only after the coming peak travel season.

https://www.bworldonline.com/corporate/2023/07/03/531801/miaa-studies-moving-foreign-flights-of-airasia-to-terminal-1/

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

A word of caution, if you travel by PAL domestic, and you need to check-in a bag, be there at least 2 hours before departure otherwise you will spend an hour queuing, and half and hour for security check like this as shown. And by the time you exit, passengers have boarded already. Spread the caution

By the way, Mabuhay Lounge is still here.

Mabuhay Lounge T2

And PAL is using Gates 1-8 seen here.

t2 gate 1-8

and here

t2 gate 4-8

As well as Gate 9-12 on the Southwing here

t2 Gate 9-11

And here is Gate 12

t2 Gate 12

The AAP section is Gate 14-17 shown here

t2 Gate 14-17

The famous Gate 16A is here

t2 Gate 16A

And this is how it looks like. Both Gate A & B are used by PAL

t2 Gate A

Some of MIAA facelift

t2 arrival

This is how it looks from the outside