Manila International Airport

1 ... 1617181920212223

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
romantic_guy08 wrote
Is there a way to connect the check-in area and predep of NAIA T2 SW and NW? I don't think you can connect both... I think they should find a way to connect both wings to enable seamless check-in rather than going in and out of either wings if you happen to go the wrong wing for check-in.
I think there is a connection in the pre-departure area for the SW and NW. I remember my flight back to CDO at the domestic wing between gates 36-39 where I was sitting waiting for my flight, we were told to move to area between gates 32-34. They will close the area because there will be a US bound flight. And I know that there are aircraft parked at the domestic wing are heading for international destination

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
chowpau wrote
There's the hallway that connects SW/NW between the predep area and the tube... I guess thats thenonlynway connecting bothnwings.

Yup, this gated entry is opened when the area near mr donut in the southwing is closed to expand the intl wing after the morning rush of the domestic flights. usually the evening australia flights are assigned here when all the widebodies are preparing for the transpac flights in the main nw.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08 wrote
Is there a way to connect the check-in area and predep of NAIA T2 SW and NW? I don't think you can connect both... I think they should find a way to connect both wings to enable seamless check-in rather than going in and out of either wings if you happen to go the wrong wing for check-in.
Pre-departures from North and South are already connected as shown by other posters. In fact, half of domestic hall becomes international at night.

PAL Business Office T2

I think the real question is the check-in-area access between the two wings, to which there is none, as the middle circle is occupied by PAL and ICQ Offices.

NAIA Privatization

JNC03
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) expects the release of the proposed terms of reference (TOR) for the privatization of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) on or before June.

In an interview with reporters, Transportation Secretary Jaime Bautista said the DOTr may move forward with the privatization of NAIA in the second half of 2023 with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) set to submit its proposed TOR by June.

https://www.philstar.com/business/2023/04/12/2258167/naia-privatization-could-start-june

[...]

Oh I forgot about these gates... good find...

Challenge is now really trying to connect the check in counters...

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer
Just wanna asked if thier plans to renovate Terminal 1 & 2 being considered onces PAL moved its international ops to T1.

Last time Terminal 1 was renovated was 10 years ago I wonder how is it holding now?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Solblanc
XWB_flyer wrote
Just wanna asked if thier plans to renovate Terminal 1 & 2 being considered onces PAL moved its international ops to T1.

Last time Terminal 1 was renovated was 10 years ago I wonder how is it holding now?
It’s holding up better than the other two terminals for sure. It’s small but nicer.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

T1_22.mp4

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer
At less the main hall is still holding up pretty good! I'm curious what are the shops and cafe available in T1?

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

I did a post last January 23 about this:

Arianespace wrote
A French-based Global Airport Operator has just finished its due diligence on NAIA last week. Another global airport operator from Amsterdam will be doing theirs this week. The object of contention is NAIA airport operations. These two groups will bid for the  right to operate NAIA by next year. It will take over MIAA airport operations. A product of the EU trip of the President recently. Not yet on the news so breaking it now. You would probably see this story by tomorrow.

Abangan...
Well, the name of the company is finally out in the open. And its neither from France or Amsterdam, as earlier told. But it is still a global airport operator nonetheless.

It is Global Infrastructure Partners, which happens to be the airport operator of London City, Edinburgh, and Gatwick airport, the busiest single runway airport in the world.

See their business portfolio here

The news headlines now is that GSIS, a government financial institution with lots of cash is investing US$300 million to GIP. So how is it airport related?

Well, read this again, first posted in January:

“A private firm cannot own an airport,” Mr. Marcos told journalists in a televised interview. “At most, we will have a management contract… without changing anything.”

“They said that without new equipment, without building a new runway, they can increase the traffic from what is presently they refer to as 35 movements per hour to 45 movements per hour. We want that,” the President said.

“They have a huge experience in running ports and running airports,” Mr. Marcos said.

Representatives of the company were in Manila “last week to look at the operation of the airport,” the President said.

https://manilastandard.net/news/314298848/president-eyes-private-firm-to-manage-naia.html
And why would the company say that to BBM? Because they just happen to operate the world's busiest single runway operated airport. And not to bragged, I've been to all these airports mentioned.

The latest pronouncement from JJB is a TOR being prepared by ADB exactly for this purpose, links is in the previous pages posted by forumer JNC03.

See, it fits!

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

AnonBoy
XWB_flyer wrote
At less the main hall is still holding up pretty good! I'm curious what are the shops and cafe available in T1?
Shops wise, its very limited obviously but I feel that it is still so much better than the offerings in T2. If all else fails, the pay-for-use lounge is a viable option too with how much the concessions are in T1. And there's starbucks too.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

It seems Royal Air is going to use Terminal 2 as well under the STAR (Schedule and Terminal Rationalization) program at NAIA.

Meanwhile, new residents at Terminal 3

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer

T3 will be crowded in the short term, if 5J those stick around at T3 at less their domestic ops the question is for how long?

Re: NAIA Privatization

JNC03
Aside from improving the passenger experience

NAIA should be more open for planespotters, right now AVSEC and MIAA are not doing anything compared to other airports abroad. I hope privatizing the operations will also improve the experience of planespotters coming to NAIA, especially foreigners because most of the time we accompany them to safe areas where AVSEC cannot scold us.

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

JNC03
A consortium of six Filipino conglomerates and US-based Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) have formed the Manila International Airport Consortium (MIAC) and submitted an unsolicited proposal to the government to upgrade Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/companies/868270/six-conglomerates-us-based-gip-form-consortium-submit-p100-b-proposal-to-upgrade-naia/story/

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

More as we get it, the plan I saw connects T1,T2, and T3, with an overhead walkalator along airport road to T2, and underground connection to T3. T2 expansion more than double its size and T3 expansion to the north. This is probably where the major investment would go. No new Terminal. This is not something new. It has been offered in the past by the previous proponents who are now part in this new entity. What changed for them now is their new financial muscle from GIP. I can already see it as "luto sa sariling mantika"

What I'd like to see is the economic terms. the "conditions" its not out yet. Even Jarius Bondoc wants one. Will get back at you when I gets the wind.

There is one clause that pique my interest. "Non-exclusivity". In short, you don't force airline to use this airport. SMC has it. The old consortium does not want it. So lets see.

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

JNC03
I hope there is something for planespotters in Manila

Opening some view decks is enough even if not constructing a new one, terminal 1 has it. Being not strict with spotters around the airport will be a nice move without spending anything

Re: NAIA Airport Operator

More on this GIP offer.

Operations and Maintenance Contract is 15 years.
Comment: Not that long. Solution: NMIA

Passenger offered capacity is 65 million
Comment: NAIA will breach the 50 million mark at the end of 2023. Capacity breach in 2026. Solution: NMIA

Runway and taxiway improvements
Comment: both was already improved by MIAA so I don't know what more is there to add.

Expansion of Terminals to accommodate additional 30 million passengers
Comment: Most likely, the P100b offer would go to terminal construction and connectors. Price tag for T2 and T3 expansion proposed by DOTR is 20b. Since disallowed by DOF, this is where GIP should come in.

MIAA gross income in 2019 at 47.8mppa is P10b, and net at P7b
https://www.miaa.gov.ph/images/stories/TransparencySeal2019/II/MIAA-FR-4th-qtr-2020.pdf

MIAA said its income for the 1QTR in 2023 already equal those in 2019.

With just 50 million pax, the consortium would still earn money for 15 years
7b net x15 years = 105b. (Basic math, except growth doesn't really go linear, as pax rises so does income)

If you add 10 million more, that is money already in the bank.

So I guess, exclusivity clause would lose their meaning come 2027, assuming this is build now. But that would also result in downward traffic trend as airlines relocates its operations to other airports, as DOTr official once said to me. That is the reason why the old consortium wants that provision there.

Josephine Gotianun Yap, Filinvest CEO and MIAC director, said the offer and the plans under consortium 2.0 have yet to be revealed.

Well, we are revealing it slowly, now.

Making Sense
1 ... 1617181920212223