Manila International Airport

1 ... 15161718192021 ... 23

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer

I wonder if PAL is considering reviving flights from CRK instead of NMIA?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Here are the terminal assignments and scheduled effectivity...

For sure, PAL will be providing free airport transfers between T1 and T2 for those with connecting flights... right?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Solblanc wrote
So… if they’re not giving the T4 gates or parking bays to CEB, who else will use it?

Although to be fair, the likes of T4 shouldn’t really be handling all of Air Asia’s ops
Good Question. I think it refers to slot allocations and used bays. The vacated gate will still be used by minor airlines like ATX. Some T4 parking bays are still allocated for APG for night parking.

Even then, AGP is re-thinking their move to T2.

“we have yet to study the details of the proposed terminal reassignment to adjust our operational requirements accordingly,” AirAsia Head of Communications and Public Affairs Steve F. Dailisan said.
https://www.bworldonline.com/corporate/2023/03/24/512639/airlines-gear-up-for-domestic-flights-move-to-terminal-2/

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
Just saw new  terminal assignments and looks like it was revised. There are other international airlines will retain in T1 aside from the original list. Etihad will remain in Terminal 3 rather than transfer to Terminal 1

Artist's perspective new (renovated?) Mabuhay Lounge at T1...

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer

Kind of surprised NH is still in T3 considering their partner with PAL was expecting they moved to T1 although it could happend in the future.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

fd20
Honestly I'm more surprised it took Scoot this long to move to T3 considering its parent company SQ moved there nearly a decade ago.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Never knew AGP operated domestic at T3. Yes, I know they are there for international operations, but not the former. Just one of the new things you learn everyday.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
Is the law allowed to change the general looks of the entire NAIA Terminal 1?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
Arianespace wrote
Never knew AGP operated domestic at T3. Yes, I know they are there for international operations, but not the former. Just one of the new things you learn everyday.
Me too..I will try to confirm with my classmate who is currently Capt with PH Air Asia.

I didn't even know that Cebu Pacific have flights out from T4. I thought it was Cebgo

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

fd20
AirAsia transferred their flights to MPH and CEB to T3 last December.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
fd20 wrote
AirAsia transferred their flights to MPH and CEB to T3 last December.
Confirmed by my classmate..Cebu and Caticlan

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Oh, boy! How I wish it would be that easy. I have that same optimism when Cesar Chiong ran 2P. I thought it was already a go then with Art Tugade doing the prodding. Digong would have made this T2 annex possible in 2018 were it not for the discouragement of the DOF. It doesn't solve congestion, and Digong was told by Dominguez he was just "kicking the can" forward instead of picking it up. Meaning, solving a long term problem. What Duterte would do is only putting bad investment after another.

And so it was, NMIA was born to address exactly this issue. If you look at my previous post, I already told this forum at the start of Marcos term that while JJB has great ambitions about this airport, he doesn't have the money to implement it. DOF does. And GSIS is taking orders from DOF which already put its foot down by saying no to any major capex at NAIA. It doesn't hurt though to give good words to the president.

Words like this,
Due to issues in valuation, however, GSIS and MIAA have not been able to settle the takeover of the portion, where the hotel and its annex stand. As such, Chiong said there is no target date for completion of the Naia-2 annex: “That’s the site hopefully,  if we are able to settle the issue regarding the Philippine Village Hotel.”
https://businessmirror.com.ph/2023/03/27/phl-village-hotel-issue-still-blocking-naia-2-expansion/
And if that is not possible, so the rest of the post are. Including the Budji+Royal Pineda Design

Unless that policy changes, which I believe it won't, having passed 4 presidents, and staying the same, would be a pipe dream, even for BBM.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau wrote
Is the law allowed to change the general looks of the entire NAIA Terminal 1?
The building architectural design is protected by law. Just like Malacanang Palace, Cultural Center, or the Post Office. You can however modify what is inside. I think it encompasses the parking area, as you are not allowed to block its view. So the Budji+Royal Pineda Design never flew.

Terminal 1 has been declared as an "important cultural property" (ICP) by the National Museum.

An ICP is defined as an establishment that has "exceptional cultural, artistic, and historical significance to the Philippines."

The National Museum is mandated to declare ICPs or National Cultural Treasures under several laws, such as Republic Act (RA) 4846 or the Cultural Properties Preservation and Protection Act; Presidential Decree No. 260; RA 8492 or the National Museum Act of 1998; and RA 10066 or the National Cultural Heritage Act of 2009.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer
So inshort your allowed to gut it inside. But not allowed to change its outside exterior or even change the paint?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
XWB_flyer wrote
So inshort your allowed to gut it inside. But not allowed to change its outside exterior or even change the paint?
Yung paint pwede as long as it looks the same as the original one

Terminal 1 Legacy

In addition to my earlier post,

If you are interested in the history and architectural marvel of terminal 1, get a hold of this book, read it. Forget the yellow politics.

In summary, it defines the power of architectural achievement. In a twist of fate, the people who dispose the fallen leader made legacy of this building in recognition of its magnificence and one murdered victim.

Terminal layout is not new as it was patterned from Terminal Mitte of Frankfurt airport built in 1972, albeit its smaller version.

Now, much has been talked about these architectural marvels as waste of money, when in fact it was actually a brilliant idea. It also escapes the "Edifice Complex" due to its usefulness, and earning capacity, unlike CCP and the like.

It was the best airport terminal in Asia when it opens to the public in 1982. But I guess, nobody bothers to remember that anymore.

In my generation, it was put into postcards like the Eiffel tower of Paris or the Towers of London. That defines the best airport tag in Asia. Its not anymore, having outlived its capacity and useful life. The only thing that remains is the legacy that it is tagged in.

Given the intertwined fate of the airport as a historical building and a
transportation hub, the NAIA Terminal 1 therefore symbolically stands as
showcase both by default and as a result of a conscious strategic corporate effort
by any sitting Philippine government in order for it to succeed on what it was
designed to do.
https://researchonline.jcu.edu.au/19134/3/19134_Maguigad_2010.pdf

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Is there a way to connect the check-in area and predep of NAIA T2 SW and NW? I don't think you can connect both... I think they should find a way to connect both wings to enable seamless check-in rather than going in and out of either wings if you happen to go the wrong wing for check-in.
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 23