Manila International Airport

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 23

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

20-23 are mostly parking gates of PAL intercon flight nowadays. Gate 16 near duty free is still there but stairway to ground floor was closed. It would probably open soon when all gates are full. T1 isn't in full capacity right now. I used to watch RBA docked at gate 16. For information of everyone Gate 1&16 are strictly for narrow-bodies.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Confirmation from MIAA on turning T2 to pure domestic... More terminal reassignments to be done after holy week...

MIAA looking to turn NAIA-2 into all-domestic terminal

The Manila International Airport Authority is looking to make NAIA-2 exclusively for domestic travel in a bid to balance the respective capacities of the airport terminals and lessen the incidents of offloading.

According to Ian Cruz's report on "24 Oras", the MIAA will prepare for the terminal reassignments after the Holy Week, when over 100,000 travelers are expected to pass through the airport.

"The ultimate goal is to turn NAIA Terminal 2 into an all-domestic terminal,” MIAA senior assistant general manager Bryan Co said.

The immigration officers now assigned at NAIA-2 will be deployed at Terminals 1 and 3 which will be used for international flights.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Just learned new things this morning. Gate 20-23 used to be allocated to chartered aircraft. ICQ processed at T1. It has now been relocated to Balabag and ICQ relocated to T3. So no more use of Gate 20-23 other than cargo and PAL parking. That is the reason why they are closed. Gate 17-25 are also allocated to PAL domestic operations. Most likely for CEB too soon.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
Just learned new things this morning. Gate 20-23 used to be allocated to chartered aircraft. ICQ processed at T1. It has now been relocated to Balabag and ICQ relocated to T3. So no more use of Gate 20-23 other than cargo and PAL parking. That is the reason why they are closed. Gate 17-25 are also allocated to PAL domestic operations. Most likely for CEB too soon.
Personally hoping that PAL domestic will take over/assigned the North Wing of T2 (with Bupak at south wing) so we can use the larger (soon to be former) International Mabuhay Lounge... speaking of, wonder what will happen to one of the lounges? convert to offices?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

I think you are right. I hear Lounge would be converted to restaurant. So lets see.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
This post was updated on .
MIAA just announced that T2 will be all domestic starting July 1... but only Air Asia will transfer to T2... so CebPac will remain in T3?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Misquote from Bryan probably. Air Asia stays at T4. T2 wiil be PAL and CEB. Saw the rat plan myself so must be a misquote.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
Misquote from Bryan probably. Air Asia stays at T4. T2 wiil be PAL and CEB. Saw the rat plan myself so must be a misquote.
Heard interview of Cesar Chiong with Ted Failon, and he did mention that CEB will stay in T3 since their operarion is too big, so only AirAsia will transfer to T2. If thats the case, wouldn't that make T2 under utilised?

Here's the interview of MIAA GM Chiong...

https://youtu.be/SW4t07T3bYA

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Solblanc
romantic_guy08 wrote
Arianespace wrote
Misquote from Bryan probably. Air Asia stays at T4. T2 wiil be PAL and CEB. Saw the rat plan myself so must be a misquote.
Heard interview of Cesar Chiong with Ted Failon, and he did mention that CEB will stay in T3 since their operarion is too big, so only AirAsia will transfer to T2. If thats the case, wouldn't that make T2 under utilised?

Here's the interview of MIAA GM Chiong...

https://youtu.be/SW4t07T3bYA
You mean utilized? All of PAL’s domestic ops are bursting at the seams in T2 and they really could use the entire space to themselves purely for domestic. That would have happened if they were allowed to build their proposed facility on Nayong Pilipino for their international ops.

Although T4 may become underutilized, in theory, those parking spaces can become extra remote stands for T3, allowing for more space for the international airlines moving to T3.

In any case, I’m sure that the taking down of the immigration counters and the like will take some time and there might be some lag between T2 optimization and other carriers moving in.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the new mabuhay lounge will keep up with the joneses. Consolidation at T1 should in theory make PAL a half-decent international transit airport. It won’t be as expansive as what our neighbors have, but it’ll at least be modestly efficient with more shops, more facilities, and a better lounge.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

chowpau
Just realized...why Etihad return to T1 from T3?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Talked with some MIAA peeps this pm and they told me the ratplan working group modified the plan made in 2018 due to change of circumstances of airline traffic in 2022. CEB registered 11.5 million pax, which is beyond capacity of T2. Meanwhile PAL group flew only 6 million and APG 3.63 million, which fit them comfortably within T2. According to them removal of ICQ and duty free shops will generate 5 million from the north wing for a total 10 million pax pa. Also, vacated APG gates at T4 will not be awarded to CEB or SRQ. So they say.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Under the original ratplan they are assigned at T1.
-Philippine Airlines Int.
-Etihad Airways
-Saudia
-Japan Airlines
-Thai Airways

So all airline assignments the same, except CEB domestic which will stay at T3. Also no award of new gates from this reshuffle.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
Under the original ratplan they are assigned at T1.
-Philippine Airlines Int.
-Etihad Airways
-Saudia
-Japan Airlines
-Thai Airways

So all airline assignments the same, except CEB domestic which will stay at T3. Also no award of new gates from this reshuffle.
Will they lessen the domestic area of T3 or retain the size? If they dont, that will defeat purpose of maximizing and increasing area for T3 international to provide more convenience to lax.

Operating out of two terminals puts PAL at a competitive disadvatage and a bit unfair to them. I wonder if they complained about this plan?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Nope. Same area. According to them it can handle international capacity as international pax is barely 3 million. That is 14m+ to 18m full cap.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
Nope. Same area. According to them it can handle international capacity as international pax is barely 3 million. That is 14m+ to 18m full cap.
Immigration area? Will they have more area for immigration or is the main issue with BOI is lack of manpower? Too many co.olaints of long issues for Ph passport holders.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer

I'm curious about the long-term plans for T4 once SMC complete NMIA and if NAIA transition to a full domestic airport will it be close down and demolished? Also will an extension of T2 be considered to expand its domestic potential?

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

2 more lanes for immigration.

In fairness to BOI, we Filipinos are really known throughout the world to have suspect documents. We have that mantra attached to us. Not that all of us are doing it, but some of our kababayans are, putting the majority of us in the bad light.

Perhaps, maybe because of our desire for a better life we tend to disregard the rules. Even our government recognizes the problem. Us. That is why our country delayed the no visa policy at the ASEAN for five years for our government to tighten it up. But still you have cases like "Mary Jane Veloso".

The aim of the government is to prevent "trafficking". Of us not being abused outside our country. So if you want to work outside, agent of your employer must be registered with the POEA. If you want to see the world, you must have a hotel and return ticket back home, and those kind of stuff. If you don't, then you are already breaking the rules.

And that causes the cue at the immigration lane. That is the reason why there is a separate lane for OFWs, and why you are required to go to OWWA and DOT if you want to travel abroad. Personally, my dealings with immigration is rather quick. Maybe because my passport has multiple stamps on it.

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

I've heard, as late as yesterday, from the grapevine, that CEB will transfer operations to NMIA in 2026. Because it cannot grow its Manila operations anymore and they have 16 A330s coming. I wish PAL would do the same, but they have major issues with Ramon Ang, whatever that is. Perhaps it left a bitter taste in the mouth on their SMC split. I hope by that time they already have licked their wounds and make amends.

Looks like it is only Etihad that will be transferred to Terminal 1 from Terminal 3 for unknown reason where as MIAA plans all international airlines to Terminal 3 except JAL, Thai and Saudia

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

Solblanc
romantic_guy08 wrote
Arianespace wrote
Under the original ratplan they are assigned at T1.
-Philippine Airlines Int.
-Etihad Airways
-Saudia
-Japan Airlines
-Thai Airways

So all airline assignments the same, except CEB domestic which will stay at T3. Also no award of new gates from this reshuffle.
Operating out of two terminals puts PAL at a competitive disadvatage and a bit unfair to them. I wonder if they complained about this plan?

Well, there really is no terminal that can handle all of PAL’s ops. This arrangement is technically better than their current arrangements, with international ops split between two terminals, and a T2 lounge that is always crowded. They missed the boat when they refused to leave T2 for T3 to avoid a split, but they ended up outgrowing T2 anyway.

Arianespace wrote
Talked with some MIAA peeps this pm and they told me the ratplan working group modified the plan made in 2018 due to change of circumstances of airline traffic in 2022. CEB registered 11.5 million pax, which is beyond capacity of T2. Meanwhile PAL group flew only 6 million and APG 3.63 million, which fit them comfortably within T2. According to them removal of ICQ and duty free shops will generate 5 million from the north wing for a total 10 million pax pa. Also, vacated APG gates at T4 will not be awarded to CEB or SRQ. So they say.
So… if they’re not giving the T4 gates or parking bays to CEB, who else will use it?

Although to be fair, the likes of T4 shouldn’t really be handling all of Air Asia’s ops
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 23