Airlines In The Philippines III

1 ... 37383940414243

Re: AC Shortage

Evodesire
MNL - DMM - MNL suspended from Sept to March due to lack of aircraft

Next: CEB - ICN again due to lack of aircraft

PAL BOD thinks that they have enough aircraft to sustain their operations. They also dont want to shell out money anymore for new planes.

So sad for PAL. BOD is killing them slowly

Re: AC Shortage

This is more accurate. Flight suspension, as compared to flight cessation. "Operational requirements" means lack of permitted aircraft. You need to advised CAB for the latter, but not for the former.

Re: AC Shortage

Solblanc
Evodesire wrote
MNL - DMM - MNL suspended from Sept to March due to lack of aircraft

Next: CEB - ICN again due to lack of aircraft

PAL BOD thinks that they have enough aircraft to sustain their operations. They also dont want to shell out money anymore for new planes.

So sad for PAL. BOD is killing them slowly
Suspended over the peak travel period!?

How is this sustainable? Their costs are going up, and their revenues will be affected if they can’t fly paying passengers

Re: AC Shortage

seven13
That’s why PR is able to upg ac on CEBNRT on certain dates in December.

Re: AC Shortage

airline_builder
so, there are no talks of at least a potential ACMI again to bridge, like Wamos Air at all?

Re: AC Shortage

Evodesire
Solblanc wrote
Suspended over the peak travel period!?

How is this sustainable? Their costs are going up, and their revenues will be affected if they can’t fly paying passengers
My thoughts too. Shortage of A330s. Their problem of lack of aircraft has resulted to numerous cancellations and rising costs. So I don't know if its the executives turning a blind eye on the reality or the BOD just doesn't want to listen to the recommendations of the executives. The latter, though, seems to be more realistic.

PAL BOD, particularly the Tans, think getting more planes is an expense. Again, they cannot move on from 1998. How pathetic.

How I wish Cebu Pacific returns to RUH and also launches DMM.

Also, I now see LT3 getting more media exposure as the guy running PAL with Capt. Stan as like a second banana. Now you can see who is really running PAL.

Re: AC Shortage

airline_builder
Evodesire wrote
Solblanc wrote
Suspended over the peak travel period!?

How is this sustainable? Their costs are going up, and their revenues will be affected if they can’t fly paying passengers
My thoughts too. Shortage of A330s. Their problem of lack of aircraft has resulted to numerous cancellations and rising costs. So I don't know if its the executives turning a blind eye on the reality or the BOD just doesn't want to listen to the recommendations of the executives. The latter, though, seems to be more realistic.

How I wish Cebu Pacific returns to RUH and also launches DMM.

They think getting more planes is an expense.

Also, I now see LT3 getting more media exposure as the guy running PAL with Capt. Stan as like a second banana. Now you can see who is really running PAL.
what a Grand GAS LIGHTING the social media of Philippine Airlines is just so happening and yes B1 and B2 are busy gracing socials the so-called picture of "everything is fine at our burning house"

Re: AC Shortage

romantic_guy08
romantic_guy08 wrote
Confirmed...

DMM will be axed...

Re: AC Shortage

PAL’s ultimate seat sale: Soar to new heights of savings

Philippine Airlines (PAL) is rolling out its Ultimate Seat Sale, promising the most unbeatable fares of the year on select international and domestic routes.

From August 30 to September 20, 2024, travelers can grab round-trip international flights starting at just $73 and domestic one-way fares as low as P209.
https://bilyonaryo.com/2024/08/30/pals-ultimate-seat-sale-soar-to-new-heights-of-savings/travel/
Good luck to your travel plans. I hope it does not get cancelled or flight diverted to some other airport for refueling, delayed, or bought seat forfeited on account of different aircraft.

Brilliant strategy!

Re: AC Shortage

Solblanc
Arianespace wrote

PAL’s ultimate seat sale: Soar to new heights of savings

Philippine Airlines (PAL) is rolling out its Ultimate Seat Sale, promising the most unbeatable fares of the year on select international and domestic routes.

From August 30 to September 20, 2024, travelers can grab round-trip international flights starting at just $73 and domestic one-way fares as low as P209.
https://bilyonaryo.com/2024/08/30/pals-ultimate-seat-sale-soar-to-new-heights-of-savings/travel/
Good luck to your travel plans. I hope it does not get cancelled or flight diverted to some other airport for refueling, delayed, or bought seat forfeited on account of different aircraft.

Brilliant strategy!
This is giving a flashback of the complaints against Qantas where they sold seats to flights that they knew would be cancelled.

Of all the best practices of other airlines to adopt…

Re: AC Shortage

Evodesire
Give it a few months, and you will again see an ocean of negative socmed posts versus PAL, and then followed by a Senate inquiry in aid of legislation.

PAL's only saving grace is if the Tan family completely sells the airline to others like Aboitiz or the Razons. However, its far from happening, knowing the pride of the Tans.

Re: AC Shortage

ewh1
Nonstop Dan finally tried PAL and the review is fair and what you expect

https://youtu.be/GkKLtFutJ1g?si=NsH4H58PBQYwFEEw

Re: AC Shortage

airline_builder
ewh1 wrote
Nonstop Dan finally tried PAL and the review is fair and what you expect

https://youtu.be/GkKLtFutJ1g?si=NsH4H58PBQYwFEEw
I agree and it was documented last April.

I really hope PAL to avoid practicing by heart the "BEHO" mindset of frugality regardless of the product as long as there are paying passengers - seriously especially aircraft deployed to the Middle East, passengers bound to that part of the world are not just load factors - these are the heroes who kept our economy afloat
for some time now - Heart of the Filipinos? Really PAL?

Re: AC Shortage

You'll never really know what you get with Philippine Airlines until you're on board
Classic quote from Dan that will go for ages

Re: AC Shortage

JNC03
Seems like PAL is busy with their museum, I hope the airline will be not seen inside a museum in the future instead of seeing them flying in the air

Re: AC Shortage

Evodesire
Made worse by having 3 A330 configurations based on market segmentations. OFWs, foreigners, domestic travelers. I really dont know who in their right mind would even do this.

Re: AC Shortage

Evodesire
JNC03 wrote
Seems like PAL is busy with their museum, I hope the airline will be not seen inside a museum in the future instead of seeing them flying in the air
If the Tans won't change their ways nor sell the airline to someone else worthy, PAL is bound to be a museum piece and just a part of our history books like AMI, Grand Air, Filipinas Orient Airways, etc.

Re: AC Shortage

airline_builder
PAL will be coming out with a new theme song for its onboard music and social media
"Killing me softly"

composed by the TANS

Re: AC Shortage

Solblanc

So we’ve made it to September. I’d just like to ask, though, is the Boeing option officially dead yet? I remember Arianespace mentioned that the offer is good till October. Hoping that minds will change.

Also, there still isn’t a cabin announcement for the A35K. They should in theory have ordered the seats by now.

Re: AC Shortage

JNC03
If there is a event for those announcements expect it a month from now via Philippine Aviation Summit where PAL is now a partner of the event, last year only 5J partnered with the event.

On that summit 5J announced major things such as their huge order plan wayback last year that materialized this year.

PAL might announce something there that will aslo materialize next year
1 ... 37383940414243