Airlines In The Philippines III

1 ... 35363738394041 ... 43

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

meronbopis
Surprised it took them this long.  My bet is Guangzhou is next.  Jinjiang Xiamen and Pudong stay.  They need to ramp up Guam and Port Moresby

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03

PAL can do this kinds of moves to get aircrafts they need immediately

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

airline_builder
I believe it was already settled; we will not be hearing anything that is worth a milestone from PAL at any time.

The current state of PAL and even passenger feedback are falling on deaf ears.

I think the most feasible for PAL now to at least uplift its hard products is to add more WAMOS AIR fleet or other source of aircraft that are qualified for the cabin crew and flight crew to operate to "band aid" the current deterioration.

The after sales reviews and observations in the frequent traveler communities are extremely damning.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

romantic_guy08
Did PR/2P retire/let go of an A320 today?

Just saw a PR guy (I think you guys know him) post a good bye to the/a A320....

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
PALex cabin crew trainer commented 737max

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

romantic_guy08
JNC03 wrote
PALex cabin crew trainer commented 737max
are they teasing us with that?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Darkknight85
I know him. From PPSG? Hmmmm. Hints hints.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Sadly, PAL's image has really gone down the drain based on passenger feedback and retention. United is winning in the SFO-MNL route. And if Delta will be mounting LAX-MNL, that will be another big blow to PAL. Apparently, they are just banking on the arrival of their A350-1000s which is 2025, so that means they will be hounded by cancellations due to lack of planes and a bad image due to passengers feeling they are getting ripped-off by expensive fares just to ride old planes.

Another is many paid PAL for a straight flight, only to learn that there is another stopover in ICN. Thats another issue.

Now, what I am afraid of by the time they get their A350-1000s, their whole name and branding is totally tarnished.

Yes, we do understand the technicalities of whats going on, but passengers dont. All they care is they get what they pay for. And now, even those Filipinos who were loyal to PAL have turned their backs.

And guess what, they are not taking the competition from United seriously. Maybe now, they are not getting much hammered but soon, they will. For these former loyal customers of PAL, they are an airline they can no longer be proud of.

They really now have a huge problem.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

PAL 747
Are the yields to Beijing that bad?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

airline_builder
Evodesire wrote
[...]

It is called false pride and arrogance, and a totally erroneous foresight. layman's term "reactive" to a fault.

Even if they get their new planes, taking into consideration their displaced frugality - I am quite unsure on the hard products and not to mention the 10 abreast A35K.

Profit and Revenue are a given bottomline but continued patronage and trust in the product is what produces the previous two factors.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
As far as I know, other airlines are reducing their flights to China while Chinese carriers are increasing their international flights.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
I don't know how true it is, but a "source" said that PAL is discontinuing their MNL-DMM and CEB-ICN flights due to a lack of aircraft.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
Ah thats why they are also planning to lease Wamos A330s for ME flights?

In speaking of aircraft shortage, a A330 returned earlier to MNL after takeoff to Dubai.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
PAL is currently experiencing huge blows due to lack of aircraft. 777s are experiencing problems one by one. A330s are now being used for PR112/113 and are also experiencing problems, resulting in shortages. Their branding is taking a hit due to many cancellations and planes returning to their origins.

Way back, these problems were already slowly manifesting and it seems that the BOD turned a blind-eye unto them. Now, its heading towards a fully blown problem where they may have too many AOGs at the same time.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
their widebody fleet is getting older and frequently has less time on the ground making them more prone to mechanical issues, aside from that the cabin itself is also old.

Even the A359s are facing issues here and there both inside and out

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc

What’s the rule for keeping a slot in Manila? The more flights they cut, the more another airline can take advantage.

Once upon a time, they had 31 widebodies; 14 of which had cutting-edge hard product. It got PAL to 4 stars.

Nowadays, you’re better off with a Wamos plane.

But hey, when the A35Ks arrive, maybe it’ll magically solve all of their problems just like that

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

airline_builder
Solblanc wrote
What’s the rule for keeping a slot in Manila? The more flights they cut, the more another airline can take advantage.

Once upon a time, they had 31 widebodies; 14 of which had cutting-edge hard product. It got PAL to 4 stars.

Nowadays, you’re better off with a Wamos plane.

But hey, when the A35Ks arrive, maybe it’ll magically solve all of their problems just like that
As if the A35K will arrive in bulk.....it will be in tragic trickles furthering the current dilemma of PAL.

This quite disheartening how the BOD foresight failed the Flag Carrier.

Yes, no way but pick up the pieces eventually but only after damages that cannot be ignored.

slot is IATA timetable specific, meaning its valid until the next cycle even if not flown. PAL have until that time to find replacement route or they would be taken by other applicants.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc
If they can’t fly their own published timetable this season, how can they apply it next season? And with which aircraft?

At least some of those slots will disappear. Unless they get a bunch of E2s to babysit the slots.
1 ... 35363738394041 ... 43