Airlines In The Philippines III

1 ... 40414243

Re: MNL-CDG

Meanwhile, KLM loses three (3) slots out of MNL. What is better, it is flown direct now. Still, its the same Air France-KLM. Technically, nothing is lost.

Re: MNL-CDG

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Meaning KLM will fly direct to AMS now instead of connecting via Taipei?

Air Services Agreements

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Ma. Theresa P. Lazaro:  Yeah, it's really unfortunate that, because connectivity is very important, and therefore, I think we have some air services agreement coming up. It's part of all these political talks.I think it's a matter of time, but we will have some direct flights, Manila-Delhi. What are these visas for if the connectivity is poor, and I think it is up to us to strengthen our connectivity.

via WION: https://www.wionews.com/world/philippines-plans-full-e-visa-service-for-indians-space-mou-with-isro-in-work-757213

Re: MNL-CDG

Yes.

Gustavo J Oppenheimer wrote
Ma. Theresa P. Lazaro:  Yeah, it's really unfortunate that, because connectivity is very important, and therefore, I think we have some air services agreement coming up. It's part of all these political talks. I think it's a matter of time, but we will have some direct flights, Manila-Delhi. What are these visas for if the connectivity is poor, and I think it is up to us to strengthen our connectivity.

via WION: https://www.wionews.com/world/philippines-plans-full-e-visa-service-for-indians-space-mou-with-isro-in-work-757213
Bilateral are there since eternity. Indian market is about 120 thousand, roughly 330 passengers a day, according to DOT. Add two thirds of that for the Filipinos. That is 200,000 +/- per annum. No flight still. Since 2018 PAL has been inching to fly DEL back. They lost the slot when they left. Problems with India and the PH is not the ASA but slots on its main airport. For a flag carrier you don't deserve to arrive on red eye. For an LCC, maybe, but not for FSC. And that is the only window they have now.

Re: MNL-CDG

Solblanc
Arianespace wrote
[...]

It goes both ways. Indian carriers have been saying they want to fly to MNL, but are they getting the slots that they want?

This is really getting ridiculous. I don’t know why there’s no urgency to finish the NSCR and connect CRK to MNL so they can accommodate more spillover traffic. There’s only so much that NAIA can take even with all these solutions to expand the airport.

Re: MNL-CDG

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
They are probably waiting for Jewar and Navi Mumbai to be completed soon

Aviation Summit

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
2024 PH Aviation Summit will commence on October 2

https://www.avgeek.ph/the-2024-philippine-aviation-summit/

Re: Aviation Summit

JNC03
Airbus execs will be there

PAL

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
PAL will re-launch CEB-KIX on December 22 while a 4th weekly flight on the same route will be implemented by February

https://insiderph.com/pal-revives-cebu-osaka-flights-a-few-days-before-christmas

Inflight WiFi

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
United has announced that they will install Starlink on their fleet. This will hurt PAL definitely

https://www.united.com/en/us/newsroom/announcements/cision-125346

Re: PAL

JNC03
Will they have enough aircraft during that time?

Re: Inflight WiFi

Evodesire
Gustavo J Oppenheimer wrote
United has announced that they will install Starlink on their fleet. This will hurt PAL definitely

https://www.united.com/en/us/newsroom/announcements/cision-125346
But PAL will always say "we are different. PAL is PAL. Even if we give mediocre services, people will fly us so why bother to make things better."

Re: Cebu Pacific

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
5J increases weekly flights to Japan during the Holiday Season

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/240916-5jnw24jp

Re: Cebu Pacific

Gustavo J Oppenheimer

Re: PAL

Sky Harbor
Hi, folks. I can't believe it's been ten years since I was last here. It's great to be back! I will try to be more active, promise.

Now, as I was reading through this (and all other PH-related aviation forums) I was largely looking at the potential for MAD coming back, which I know has been floated on-and-off for years now, and figured I should point something out here.

Solblanc wrote
MAD is too far and is verging on ULH.
MNL-MAD is only slightly shorter than MNL-LAX. Curious how this is "verging on ULH" when MNL-West Coast U.S. isn't despite there being significantly more traffic.

Anyway, I've heard from my own grapevine (not as reliable as here, but reliable enough I suppose) that Filipino diplomats in Spain have been lobbying for some sort of service, especially as the community here grew significantly in the last few years. Plus there's a lot more investment going both ways now (Spanish companies like Acciona in the Philippines; Philippine companies like DD and Megaworld/Emperador in Spain) so I wonder if there's enough justification for it to come back at some point in the future.

Re: PAL

1 ... 40414243