Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 47484950515253 ... 99

Re: PAL

No word of alliances at their end post covid. Interline and code shares, yes.

Re: PAL

crash&burn
The 787 would be a nice aircraft addition but I don’t foresee it replacing the A330s until end of the decade.

I think priority right now is setting up the long haul wb orders. And having PW1100 engines to return 9932 and 9933 into service.

Re: PAL

JNC03
PAL shelved it for now I think

They hinted Skyteam as their choice back then

Re: PAL

seven13
Oh did they? PR is a good addition to ST, in my view especially GA and VN are codesharing on PR’s HAN SGN and CGK route.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

I wonder if thier focus on making more codeshare or interline agreement within South East Asia? One of my wishes would be to expand their parthnership with Garuda Indonesia and Citilink to access thier domestic network from CGK or codeshare on a potential DVO-MDC route which was planned in 2020. But didn't push through thanks to COVID! Other parthnership I could see are Virgin Australia for Australia, FlyDubai from DXB and possibly the expansion of current parthners such as Vietnam Airlines and Bangkok Airways for Thailand.

Re: PAL

seven13
PR already has EK on their portfolio. Flydubai is under EK.
It’s good for PR to parter with either CA, MU or CZ to gain access to greater China region.

Re: PAL

That is the immediate plan.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Will PAL and Airbus execs meet this week or not yet?

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
seven13 wrote
PR already has EK on their portfolio. Flydubai is under EK.
It’s good for PR to parter with either CA, MU or CZ to gain access to greater China region.
One of PAL current codeshare partners is Xiamen Airlines (MF), which is majority m-controlled by China Southern Airlines (CZ), one of China Big Three carriers with thier main hub being Ghangzou which they fly to from Manila another route they operate is Shenzhen. I could see them seeking further slots particularly to Beijing-Daxing (PKX), launch from other destinations maybe Clark or Cebu, and gain acess the domestic network of one of the carriers which PR could provided if both agrees to parthnership either interline or codeshare.

Re: PAL

seven13
XWB_flyer wrote
seven13 wrote
PR already has EK on their portfolio. Flydubai is under EK.
It’s good for PR to parter with either CA, MU or CZ to gain access to greater China region.
One of PAL current codeshare partners is Xiamen Airlines (MF), which is majority m-controlled by China Southern Airlines (CZ), one of China Big Three carriers with thier main hub being Ghangzou which they fly to from Manila another route they operate is Shenzhen. I could see them seeking further slots particularly to Beijing-Daxing (PKX), launch from other destinations maybe Clark or Cebu, and gain acess the domestic network of one of the carriers which PR could provided if both agrees to parthnership either interline or codeshare.
Oh yes, I forgot. PR and MF are codesharing on JJN and XMN flights. It would be better if PR and CZ to codeshare for greater china region, MU via PVG or CA via PEK would somewhat backtrack going to some destination.

PR is interested to re-open CTU. It was previously operated via CKG. CA has a sizeable international ops in CTU from EU pre-covid. It would be nice if pax can transit EU to MNL via CTU as an alternative and PR and codeshare/interline on CA’s CTU flights to EU.

For PR’s PEK and PVG, there are transiting pax onwards to NA via AC, AA, UA and DL. Not a lot though, mostly during year-end holidays or during winter season.

PR’s PEK flights, although operated 6x a week, has low lf compared to PVG. MNL/PEK o&d traffic is small compared to PVG and XMN. I’m assuming CA is able to upgauge CA179/180 from B737 to A330 during winter season is due to transit pax from NA/EU. PR is not able to get transit pax out of PEK to its other destinations in the network.

Re: PAL

JNC03
I guess PAL will announce their new orders after the lenten season

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

The Paris Air Show is also another opportunity maybe PAL will firm its option for six A350s with the B787-9 being an LOI with option to firm the orders by next year

Re: PAL

JNC03 wrote
The question is will PAL choose RR or GE for the
787-9 engine?

Any idea in the configuration of 787 and A35K?
I now have answer to the second question. The baby is less than 300. The bus more than 350.

Re: PAL

Clearance from PAL Board should already be available by May during their annual GAM. Paris is June. If not baka announcement nito sa Farnborough na.

Re: PAL

Solblanc
Arianespace wrote
JNC03 wrote
The question is will PAL choose RR or GE for the
787-9 engine?

Any idea in the configuration of 787 and A35K?
I now have answer to the second question. The baby is less than 300. The bus more than 350.
If it’s less than 300, it’s not really an A330 replacement. It’s probably more of an A359 substitute.

That being said, this opens the door for the possibility of 787-10s in the future as the true A330 replacement. It’s the perfect plane for regional and mideast flying.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Interesting config for the A35K

Will PAL put first class?

Re: PAL

frequentflier
JNC03 wrote
Interesting config for the A35K

Will PAL put first class?
It’s possible that they’ll add more biz class seats. The A359 only has 30.

Re: PAL

Perhaps. But if the intent is to be able to fly west coast and back MNL at least cost why bother settle on the more expensive plane when you can get a cheaper one with the same results? There is even a cheaper alternative in the neo but not the intended result.

JNC03 wrote
Interesting config for the A35K

Will PAL put first class?
Nope

frequentflier wrote
It’s possible that they’ll add more biz class seats. The A359 only has 30.
It will surely have more J class. I don't know how many seats exactly, and their configurations.

Re: PAL

Solblanc
Arianespace wrote
Perhaps. But if the intent is to be able to fly west coast and back MNL at least cost why bother settle on the more expensive plane when you can get a cheaper one with the same results? There is even a cheaper alternative in the neo but not the intended result.
The 251t A330-900NEO, with its 7200nm range, if fitted with less than 300 seats and a crew rest should be able to do west coast like an A340-300s before it. Should be much cheaper and easier to integrate into the fleet. But it’ll be limited to the west coast. The 787s can do east coast if they have to.

I’m a little sad for the neo, but the 787 is the more flexible plane.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Arianespace wrote
It will surely have more J class. I don't know how many seats exactly, and their configurations.
My best guess is between 44-46 seat for J. The A35K can carry 2-4 more J seats then the B77W which be between doors 1 through 2 with the rest aft of doors 3 being W a small cabin with three to four rows and Y for the rest of the cabin.
1 ... 47484950515253 ... 99