Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 46474849505152 ... 99

Re: PAL

6 + 6 = 12

Re: PAL

JNC03
6 787 and 6 A35K?

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
JNC03 wrote
6 787 and 6 A35K?
Probably 6 A359 and 6 A35K for a of total 12 aircraft.

Re: PAL

The bus and the baby

Re: PAL

JNC03
Will they announce it earlier than Paris Airshow?

Or they will just do the official signing there but announce it early?🤔🤔

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Evodesire wrote
Getting clearer now. 787s will be replacing A330s. Any chance that PAL may also get the -10 variant for regional and more dense ME routes?
The B787-10 also has a bigger cargo capacity then both the B789 and A359 though I don't think it will be have large fleet of those type probably between 5 to 6 with the rest being made up of B789. I'm curious how many Boeing 787 those PAL need 10 to 15 is my best guest with the limit being 30 to 32 wide-body aircrafts for both B787 Dreamliner and Airbus A350XWB so needed to leave room for top-off orders of both types. However those are long-term projections and it could vary depending on finnaces and passenger numbers

Re: PAL

JNC03
Testing the waters with six 789s is enough for now

If things go smoothly then let's see what will PAL do

Re: PAL

JNC03
What I am curious is about the cabin of the two new aircraft type for the airline

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer wrote
Evodesire wrote
Getting clearer now. 787s will be replacing A330s. Any chance that PAL may also get the -10 variant for regional and more dense ME routes?
The B787-10 also has a bigger cargo capacity then both the B789 and A359 though I don't think it will be have large fleet of those type probably between 5 to 6 with the rest being made up of B789.
The main consideration there is the ability to cross the pacific. The 10 doesn't have that leg. The 8 too small. They are now rectifying the errors of their fleet plan best described by the A333 going LAX via ICN and HNL stops.

That's why I emphasize ICN in the previous post I made, but I guess nobody bother to get the whole picture.

Re: PAL

JNC03
The costly stop at ICN and HNL

Will 789 help PAL to introduce new routes in the future?

That's why I emphasize ICN in the previous post I made, but I guess nobody bother to get the whole picture.
Does the 789 have enough range to do YYZ or JFK? Or will they leave that to Airbus?

Re: PAL

chowpau
PAL eyeing for the -10?

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
chowpau wrote
PAL eyeing for the -10?
Arianespace has already answered that

"The main consideration there is the ability to cross the pacific. The 10 doesn't have that leg. The 8 too small. They are now rectifying the errors of their fleet plan best described by the A333 going LAX via ICN and HNL stops.

That's why I emphasize ICN in the previous post I made, but I guess nobody bother to get the whole picture"

So in short the B789 can cross the pacific while the B78X doesn't have the legs and the B788 is to small unless it will be used to open new routes? I Imagine the B789 will feature two configuration one for regional to middle east market and a served australia, and transpac flights.

Re: PAL

Evodesire
So in effect, PAL will just be maintaining two widebodies in the next 4 to 6 years namely A350s and 787s. As such, will they have special 787s for ME routes or will they just have one consistent cabin config both best suited for the ME and transpac market? Or maybe just deploy a mix of 787 and 313-seater A350s when PAL gets them back from LH?

I see PAL opening more US routes with good cargo revenue with the 787-9. Just hoping PAL learns from the past by now having a more consistent product.

Re: PAL

frequentflier wrote
Does the 789 have enough range to do YYZ or JFK? Or will they leave that to Airbus?
It does if its light. It does not if PAL intends to populate it with more than 300 pax. JFK is like SIN-LAX in range. So its proven to be viable. Doubt however if it replaces the bus for the east coast, which can carry more pax and cargo. Its main operation according to planning is transpac. CEB-LAX/SFO would definitely be part of this fleet planning consideration.

Kinda like a downgrade 77w service but with more frequency. They made test run of this multiple frequency last winter and they were like successful of the dry run despite incurring multiple flight delays to America. So the passengers are there, the aircraft not.

Re: PAL

The widebody would come in as early as 2026 for the bus and 2028 for the baby, assuming order is made now. The order has not been made yet.

So 77w and 359 continues to be the backbone of transpac flights in the years to come.

Re: PAL

frequentflier
Arianespace wrote
frequentflier wrote
Does the 789 have enough range to do YYZ or JFK? Or will they leave that to Airbus?
It does if its light. It does not if PAL intends to populate it with more than 300 pax. JFK is like SIN-LAX in range. So its proven to be viable. Doubt however if it replaces the bus for the east coast, which can carry more pax and cargo. Its main operation according to planning is transpac. CEB-LAX/SFO would definitely be part of this fleet planning consideration.

Kinda like a downgrade 77w service but with more frequency. They made test run of this multiple frequency last winter and they were like successful of the dry run despite incurring multiple flight delays to America. So the passengers are there, the aircraft not.
So the A330 flights to LAX is a test service if it’s sustainable to fly a smaller aircraft, and it also doubled as a replacement when one of the 77Ws is down?

Re: PAL

JNC03
The delivery dates are years away but sometimes that schedule can be earlier

But if it's earlier or not, congrats to PAL for having those new planes

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

I'm honestly glad to hear PAL is still considering CEB as a transpac hub the B789 is better suited for long thin routes with a capacity of  280-290 seats and 36 ULD containers.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Will PAL pursue their alliance membership? this has been in the works since JJB's reign in PAL
Way back in 2019, Alex Macheras reported that PAL is in the process of joining an alliance

Tweet of Macheras: https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status/1037722136234864640?s=20

What is the status of it? scrapped?
1 ... 46474849505152 ... 99