Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 44454647484950 ... 99

Re: Revived AirPhilippines?

XWB_flyer
This post was updated on .
Also if PAL ever decided to revived AirPhilippines as a separate brand that is foucs on being a hybrid low-cost regional carrier with all-economy seating on thier A320/A321 with lightweight leather seats that features 29-30" seat pitch, PED holders and USB charging ports both Type-A & Type-C. Maybe they can learn from one of thier shareholders ANA which decided to spin-off AirJapan as a medium-haul carrier which will operated all-economy configured B787.

https://thedesignair.net/2023/03/15/airjapan-reveals-more-of-its-brand-proposition-including-interiors-and-uniforms/

Could be perfect suited to served both domesitc and leisure oriented destinations with the A320neo family while PAL could focus on major international hubs while continuing to offer in-seat  IFE and fabric seats in Y.

Re: PAL

Evodesire
For fleet acquisition, PAL will be reactivating planes and getting back some of those returned. Priority for new plane acquisition will definitely be widebody planes. They still have 13 A21Ns for delivery and I hope they will be able to advance the delivery, except that there are global supply chain issues.

My bet is still on the 777-9X and A350-1000 for widebodies.

Re: PAL

Arianespace wrote
Other than those for long haul, there are still plenty of "covered" narrow bodies sitting idly at the maintenance ramp and LTP. When China opens up soon it would more than cover lost capacity in London and Auckland. 'They only need 500 thousand passengers more to match 2019 output, and from forward bookings it should break sometime in June.
Pretty much tells everything a week ahead of schedule. Breaking it bit by bit.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

Re: PAL services

romantic_guy08 wrote
Arianespace wrote
Bus gates are downstairs. Currently, there are two bus gates, 1 international, 1 domestic. When it becomes all domestic transfer desks is converted to 2more bus gates. There are currently 10 remote stands and 12 contacts at T2.
I think there are already 3... 2 in the domestic side, 16A and 12A. And one international...
Found the other remote. Used it few days ago. 16A caters to its turboprop flights.

Re: PAL

This is really all about the 3rd flight coming soon. More like the EK kind of deal in the olden days.

Re: PAL

To make things more clearer, there is no new narrow body orders coming other than the existing ones. The "Boeing and Airbus" comment by its expat FM refers to the "widebody" planes. So quit toying the idea of the MAX plane.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

I wonder when will PAL start phasing out the A321ceo and is delivery for the remaining 13 A321neo for 2026-onwards? Alternatively I could see future top-offs through leasing additional A321neo in the near term which may even included A320neo as they will sticking with the A320 family for narrow-body.

Re: PAL

JNC03
So will PAL Holdings approve the new widebody order?

Re: PAL

JNC03
Philippine Airlines (PAL) expects to firm up a potential order for more widebody aircraft in the coming months, as the airline eyes a profitable year amid strong travel demand.

In comments first published in local media and later confirmed by the airline, PAL chief Stanley Ng says that the airline plans to “revisit” its orderbook, and is looking at more aircraft, specifically the larger A350-1000.

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/philippine-airlines-eyes-more-widebodies/152507.article

Re: PAL

According to PAL, its A320/21s are booked for 20 years. So for example, RP-C8614 was delivered in 2008, its due for retirement is 2028, coinciding with delivery of new plane that replaces it.

Re: PAL

You just answered your question with your post

Re: PAL

Evodesire
JNC03 wrote
Philippine Airlines (PAL) expects to firm up a potential order for more widebody aircraft in the coming months, as the airline eyes a profitable year amid strong travel demand.

In comments first published in local media and later confirmed by the airline, PAL chief Stanley Ng says that the airline plans to “revisit” its orderbook, and is looking at more aircraft, specifically the larger A350-1000.

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/philippine-airlines-eyes-more-widebodies/152507.article
Do you have access to the flightglobal article? Is it okay if you may copy-paste whats written here, or maybe just post a screenshot please?

Re: PAL

Evodesire
While I understand that widebodies are the priority now and PAL is expecting 13 more A321Ns in the coming years, I am still thinking if PALexpress will also be ordering A320neos hopefully in the next few years as not all airports here can take A321s, like MPH. I also think 5J is converting some of their A321N orders to A320Ns.

Re: PAL

Like what was said before, GAP doesn't need the benefit of the NEO because it doesn't fly more than 2 hours, unlike CEB. In fact, they are converting the bi-class 320 of PAL to mono-class. We should already drop the idea of GAP ordering a plane.

Re: PAL

chowpau
all the RP-C86XX A320 are now mono class and added another window besides doors L1 and R1

Re: PAL

JNC03
Ng didnt mentioned 787, a surprise move?🤔

Re: PAL

JNC03

Re: PAL

Solblanc
At the end of the day, the 330s are young and don’t really need replacement. Four of the 777s are young but with an outdated product while the rest really need to go.

Firming up 350-1000 options is low-hanging fruit to address future needs. China is opening up and their airlines will be able to dump capacity with a surprisingly good hard product, so PAL will have to make sure that they’re able to properly compete by the time that happens. A more nimble 350-1000 transpac fleet that could technically also do JFK/YVR would kill the need for any more A350-900s.

If they find that too expensive, someone mentioned that CX offloaded some 77Ws, although with global travel demand rising, other airlines might have already secured those planes.

Airfares right now are really high and demand is pent-up. So fleet expansion has to be able to ride this current wave of growth while also anticipating a slowdown in the future when all the additional capacity drives down airfares.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
More likely scenario would be for PAL to order the A320neo and transfer them to GAP which could be the long term replacement for the A320 although I don't expect for any new order of narrow-body aircraft A321neo until the late 2020s once the current orders have resume delivery!
1 ... 44454647484950 ... 99