Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 43444546474849 ... 99

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Intresting comment I've always view the A359 as an expensive replacement for the A340-300 and will need an aircraft with less capacity to replaced such as the B787-9 which can fill the gap between the A330-300 and A350-900 with 275-290 seats while the A350-900 can fill the gap between the B789 and A35K. With 300-320 seats while the A350-1000 for higher capacity possibly 370 seats in a three class layout. I previously made the speculation of PAL wide-body fleet following a mix A350 and B787. A350-900 & A350-1000 Long-haul transpacific flight to North America. B787-9 & B787-10 For Regional to Medium-haul flights to Australia, Middle East, Hawaii, and Asia. I wonder if PAL is contemplating leasing its remaining A359 in favour of the larger A35K? Similar to EY and VS?

Re: PAL

JNC03
The question now is when will they announce it

As usual Reuters spoil the avgeeks about aircraft orders recently, I hope they can spoil this one too

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

The line for the B787 is getting longer with Saudia ordering additional Dreamliner and a New airlines Riyadh Air also choosing the type as well.

https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2023-03-14-SAUDIA-to-Grow-Long-Haul-Fleet-with-up-to-49-Boeing-787-Dreamliners

Re: PAL

I'm spoiling it here bit by bit.

The Boeing is to be replaced by a smaller Boeing. The Airbus is going to be replaced by a bigger bus.

Re: PAL

JNC03
77W -> 787-9
A330/A359 -> A35K?

Re: PAL

frequentflier
Arianespace wrote
I'm spoiling it here bit by bit.

The Boeing is to be replaced by a smaller Boeing. The Airbus is going to be replaced by a bigger bus.
Are they going to replace it 1:1?

Re: PAL

JNC03

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
So those this mean the A359 and A35K won't actually Complement each other rather one type will go in favor of a larger varaint? Sounds like a repeat of the A342 and A343.

Those this also mean bye bye B777X

Re: PAL

frequentflier
JNC03 wrote
“PAL is working on upgrades to their widebody fleet including redesigned cabins and possible new aircraft based on market needs”

Re: PAL

JNC03
From PAL Spox Cielo Villaluna post

Re: PAL

JNC03
New cargo service of PAL

Re: PAL

seven13
In the future, I’m wondering which aircraft will be used for their ULH route. Currently, PR has to block ~30 seats in ECY for the JFKMNL sector. The A35K seems to be too big for JFK and YYZ while the B789 isn’t capable of doing ULH nonstop, I think. Also, when the B777 is utilized on YYZ, it has to also block quite a number of seats inbound MNL to make it nonstop.

Since the 4 frames currently leased to LH comeback sometime 2025/2026, I’m guessing PR is planning to hold on to the A359 for their ULH routes.

Re: PAL

seven13
Yes, this has been mentioned during last townhall. One can actually make a quotation on the website but I personally haven’t done it yet.

PVG has been utilizing A330 every Tu, I’m guessing it’s because of cargo. From passengers side, it has not recovered  yet since both sides haven't started accepting tourist visa application. Most of the passengers from CH nowadays are transit passengers to BKK/SIN/LAX/YVR or JFK

Re: PAL

JNC03
From CNN PH article: https://www.cnnphilippines.com/business/2023/3/15/pal-performance-2022-q1-2023.html

PAL executives said they hope to either refurbish or replace the narrow-body planes — a mix of Airbus and Boeing — with new units, but negotiations have just begun.

"Currently the priority is on the long-haul fleet," said Christoph Gaerter, PAL vice president for fleet and network planning. "We have eight 777 (aircraft), they are starting to age, particularly the cabin interiors are not what we would like to offer to our customers so there are several things we are looking at that could either be a refurbishment of the existing aircraft or buying new aircraft."

Re: PAL

JNC03
https://manilastandard.net/business/transport-tourism/314314122/pal-to-reacquire-several-aircraft-to-support-recovery.html

Lucio Tan III said the company’s fleet expansion would require “big investments,” and the company is determined to take needed actions to ensure that PAL offers reliable and competitive product that’s responsive to the market.

Re: PAL

JNC03
The ball is now in the hands of PAL Holdings Inc. if they will approve the new aircraft orders

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

That is what I'm also wondering I think it would be best to keep the A359 for the East Coast of the US such as JFK, while the A35K Replace the B77W. I think PAL is leaning too fleet model that is close to Lufthansa which operates both the A359, B789 and recently added the A35K to their order books. I also wonder if either the B788 or B78X are being considered? With the latter being viable for Middle East and Asia Routes since the B777 will eventually exit the fleet.

A330-300 > B787-9 & B787-10? Australia, Asia & the Middle East:
A350-900 ULH for the East Coast of the US?
B777-300ER > A350-1000 NA.

Re: PAL

seven13
I’m guessing the B787 would be used on routes where there is good cargo demand and a B777 is too big on the passenger side. Maybe a third LAX rotation or possibly SAN.

Good city candidates probably are points where PR flew cargo flights during the pandemic. SGN, SYD and MEL could be a potential B787 route or maybe a double B787 service to YVR. XMN could also be a potential B787 route

Btw, CZ just announced that it will be transferring to T3 this coming April. There was another airline just recently announced that it was transferring to T3 as well.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
JNC03 wrote
From CNN PH article: https://www.cnnphilippines.com/business/2023/3/15/pal-performance-2022-q1-2023.html

PAL executives said they hope to either refurbish or replace the narrow-body planes — a mix of Airbus and Boeing — with new units, but negotiations have just begun.
A bit of a streach. But I wonder if PAL will consider the B737 Max 8 as a replacement for the aging A320-200 currently flying with GAP? I wonder how those the A320-200 and B737 Max 8 in terms of cargo capacity compared? I know the B737 Max 8 ca  carry more pax then the A320 especially in a two-class layout and previously Boeing did pitch the type back in 2012!  And if PAL decided to stick with the A320 family instead will they adopt ULD containers on thier A320/A321neo fleet like Cebu Pacific with thier fleet for improved efficiency?

Re: PAL

JNC03
If they want cheap upgrades buy A320neo then

All of their pilots can fly the plane without any complicated training again
1 ... 43444546474849 ... 99