Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 31323334353637 ... 99

Re: PAL 3Q Revenue 2022

frequentflier
I checked FR24, and it seems that 74 is not flying again.

Re: PAL 3Q Revenue 2022

No worries.  It will all come back. Just wait and see. Wait for the two additions too!

Re: PR001

Arianespace wrote
Speaking about BBM, take a look at the future of Presidential jet offered by Boeing.

BBM_777
Remember this?

And this?

You might have heard by now "Maharlika Investment Fund". Its all in the news.

To tied that up is this comment dates 21 September,
http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/2022/09/boeing-offers-new-generation-triple.html?showComment=1663728032951#c5373457614117074307

and the news story that was brought out yesterday,
https://www.cnnphilippines.com/business/2022/12/1/Marcos-backs-Maharlika-Wealth-Fund-Diokno.html

To the uninitiated, MIF is like Singapore's "Temasek Holdings," the one that leases planes to Singapore Airlines.

Making sense about it, this forum knows the story before it reaches headlines.

Re: PR001

XWB_flyer

So could this be a signed of PAL ordering the B777X family including both the B778 and B779? With the B778 possible becoming the PHILIPPINE ONE?

Re: Cebu Pacific

JNC03
Cebu Pacific announced that it will receive 11 more aircraft worth roughly $2 billion (about P111.8 billion) next year which will enable it to boost capacity, grow its route network and completely restore its operations pre-pandemic.

The 11 new engine option (neo) planes from Airbus included four A330s, four A321s, and three A320s.

PER MAR2023

seven13
Perth returning to network using PR223/PR224 code. It will operate thrice a week every Mo-Th-Sa leaving MNL around midnight and leaving PER half past 8 in the morning.

Only CTS, AKL and LHR are missing from the network and it’ll already be back to pre-pandemic level. China is an exception (there are cargo flights to SZX, PVG and CAN as of the moment).

Re: PR001

Evodesire
My basis for predicting PAL's future fleet is to really just look at CX's fleet. Super similar. Now CX has A321neos too. They have orders of the 777X. And they got A350s and A330s too. Add the 77W.

Re: PR001

XWB_flyer
This post was updated on .
Beside CX I also think LH will be another influence especially when it comes to future orders such as the B787 potentially replacing the A330 and the A320neo to replace the A320-200 which will operated exclusively by GAP.

Looking at the cabin re-configuration of the A320 it seem to be only a shor or medium term refurbishment and not a total refurbishment so I suspect they will be mostly used for domestic and potential A320neo order for international routes to secondary destinations or secondary hubs and feature a two-class layout with business and economy as for A330 replacement there is a strong case for the B787 Dreamliner over the A330neo although if Boeing can't offer better deal then AB will definitely snag it instead I taking a wait and see approach at this time although I think Long-haul aircraft are the priorty such as second hand B77W and More A350 (Either A359 or A35K).

[Edit] Just want to added regardless of which will eventually replace the A330-300 either A330neo or B787 Dreamliner I think there will be two different configuration duel-class (business and economy), for regional flights in asia and middle east routes 310+ . And a Tri-class which will replace the  290 to 300+ seat A330 for Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii. Also if PAL planse to keep the B77W longer they need to start planning refurbishment them to make them competitive in the Transpac market and adding Premium Economy cabin. Which I belived there working on although hard to confirm with so few details?

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

JNC03
A direct flight from Manila to Brussels may soon start after Marcos Jr. and Brussels airport officials agreed to work on mounting direct flights between the two cities.

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

AFAIK the Philippines doesn't have Air Services with the EU Capital. Previous government negotiated bilateral only to major capitals and Brussels isn't one of them. considering the recent ASEAN-EU Agreement on flights we recently discussed earlier, the protocol needs to be signed and new bilateral arrangements amended accordingly as we are restricted fifth freedom wise to fly to other major cities within the EU.

Flight to Brussels however remain to be very unlikely. Its like Washington DC, we have rights to fly there and we opted to fly for the nearest point in New York.

Speaking of the EU and BBM, we are the only country of the western block allowed to overfly Russia. Japan and Korea are denied that privileged. That is Duterte legacy working beyond his term.

PR1_EU

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

XWB_flyer
Arianespace wrote
Speaking of the EU and BBM, we are the only country of the western block allowed to overfly Russia. Japan and Korea are denied that privileged. That is Duterte legacy working beyond his term.

PR1_EU
Not surpised that Russia still allows acess to its airspace and not being included in Putins "Unfriendly Countries List" Despite the DND and PAF Terminating a deal to acquire 16 Mil Mi-171Sh helicopters (+1 free in VIP configuration) , due to CATSSA and the invasion was the final nail in the coffin to the Mi-171 order and now the PAF is pushing for the CH-47F Chinock (which has been there top choice).

Anyway I'm curious if there has been a growing of russians fleeing there country imigrating here in the Philippines?

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

XWB_flyer wrote
Not surpised that Russia still allows acess to its airspace and not being included in Putins "Unfriendly Countries List" Despite the DND and PAF Terminating a deal to acquire 16 Mil Mi-171Sh helicopters (+1 free in VIP configuration) , due to CATSSA and the invasion was the final nail in the coffin to the Mi-171 order and now the PAF is pushing for the CH-47F Chinock (which has been there top choice).

Anyway I'm curious if there has been a growing of russians fleeing there country imigrating here in the Philippines?
The AFP is really not forthright about that deal considering sensitivity of the matter. As far as the Russians are concern, it is still a go. Delivery is suspended because of the payment system. CAATSA only works if you pay in US dollars, not when you pay in Yuan or Ruble. DND is not paying, DOF does. PH is working out the latter. Working out is not termination. Otherwise, we would lose deposit. But DND is not saying that. So I believe what DOF is saying.

If PAL and CPA was able to pay for Siberian overflights not in US dollars, there is no reason why the government can't. Of course, other government, ie Berlin, Oslo, Helsinki, Tokyo and Seoul can pay overflights too, but Russia says no. See the difference?

That is diplomacy working for you. By the way, the PNP Special Forces vehicles, among other things, are made in Russia.

Speaking of Russia, did you know that PAL flew Vladivostok on Charters before covid? Some Russian airlines found its way to Kalibo too. That should answer some of your question.

That is diplomacy working for you. By the way, the PNP Special Forces vehicles, among other things, are made in Russia.
If the PAF doesn't accept the Mil Mi-17 maybe they can go to the PNP instead as they desperately need more helicopters? As for trucks they aren't included in the sanctions Sadko is still allowed to sell there in Australia for example was disappointed the PA didn't receive the Newer Sadko Next for there troop carrier vehicle acquisition project which may potentially replace the KIA KM450 (I know this is outside of civil aviation. But the invasion has cause massive disruption and inconvenience not to mention the suffering of civilians within ukraine and just like to regain there territory and punished those who commited atrocities), anyways I don't think the PNP will be to disappointed receiving Mi-17 helicopters considering there plans to acquire C-295 is in the backburner for now. And the US Government considering the PNP is under sanctions due to its officer involvement in EJK during PDutz time.

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

PAF did not say they won't accept. They said its "cancelled." Lorenzana confirmed the cancellation. Dominguez said it was not cancelled. Terms was renegotiated because payment for it was in US dollars. Russia is happy for us to pay in Ruble, Yuan or Peso. And that is directly quoted from the mouth of the Russian ambassador when he was interviewed at CNN PH.

And now, for the undeclared story in Brussels,

Did you know that PAL President Stanley Ng, and other PAL executives were there together with former boss DOTr Secretary JJB.

What is not reported is what does PAL want there? Surely its not direct Brussels - Manila flight.

Take a guess before I spill the bean.

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

frequentflier
Since Belgium is in between France and The Netherlands, my wild guess is that they’re planning to mount flights to CDG or AMS. Hehehe

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

chowpau
to get sort of air rights to fly over and fly to EU member countries?

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

Far from it. Air rights is already here.

What was RSA plans for Europe? First hint.

" ....airlines will also be able to fly up to 14 weekly passenger services with one-stop within the other region to pick up passengers on the return leg..."

Now, get the places right.

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

XWB_flyer

14 weekly is equivalent to 2 destinations although its possible to stretch to three with 4-5 weekly or even 4 though with reduced frequency. Priority should be hubs where there is a large expax of filipino like Milan and Germany either Munich or Frankfurt which could codeshare with Lufthansa I personally doubt LH will return to MNL anytime soon though if they do its likely from MUH so FRA is probably the most likely.

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

seven13
FCO and MAD comes into mind.

Re: Brussels to Manila flights

meronbopis
Sounds like Rome to me- i believe the rights for 14 weekly is Italy.  There was a note previously that the service to Italy would need to be nonstop on one direction, which would then preclude a MNL-FCO/MXP-third destination (eg CDG) via a triangular routing. I can see FCO/MXP as a stopover point to AMS and MUC/FRA.  Believe Madrid Barajas has to go via Tel Aviv per PABS but then, that could be inaccurate.
1 ... 31323334353637 ... 99