Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 60616263646566 ... 99

Re: PAL

frequentflier wrote
Is A220 a possibility? Can 320 pilots easily transition to this aircraft with minimal training?
Possible, yes. Realistically though, seriously doubt it. PAL ditched the A319 because they are not economically efficient as compared to being served by Q400s which handles both Class1 and Class 2 airports, including feeder ones. They even ditched the A320 in favor of the much bigger A321 as their smallest aircraft. But sometimes, A321 is just too big a plane to fill that they are reconsidering the A320 logic.

I am avid fan of E-90 jets, yet those types never cross the minds of PAL fleet planners because of the conditions of some of our secondary airports, which can best be served by turboprops. That sentiment was actually echoed by JJB when he was interviewed about the new Bombardier orders in 2016.

I'm sure he got a decent look at its CS300 model.

In another front, nice read about Stanley, the pilot, on his birthday.
https://www.theceomagazine.com/executive-interviews/transportation-logistics/stanley-ng/

Re: PAL

JNC03
A320neo will be the realistic replacement for the A320ceos
I am surprised if it is the A319neo

IFEs will be a great addition to the smallest jet-engine aircraft of PAL

https://www.theceomagazine.com/executive-interviews/transportation-logistics/stanley-ng/
In one of the pictures on the write-up shows a 787. Hmmmm.

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
Currently there are three tri-class A333s that are classified as parked/stored by Planespotters.net...

RP-C8782, 86 and 89...

Are these aircraft the ones with maintenance/spare parts issues?

Re: PAL

JNC03
I hope PAL will have a good month this June like last month when they ordered A350-1000 and reported positive results on their financials

Last Paris Airshow, Cebu Pacific raised the flag by ordering A330neos, A320neos and A321XLRs.

This 2023 will PAL raise the flag once again?

Re: PAL

JNC03
Did this trip pave the way for PAL-Airbus deals this year?

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Who knows, they might just exercise the 3 A350-1000 options bringing the total order to 12, and add A320neos. Plus, a Boeing 787 purchase announcement.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

Things have been quite on the Boeing front the pass few months which makes me wonder if the B787 Order will finally come to fruition?

Re: PAL

JNC03
Boeing is aiming to speeding up 787 production

Re: PAL

JNC03
Paris Airshow is just 2 weeks away

not a long wait for that if it will happen

Just an idea since PAL is expected to firm the A350-1000 order, the "A320 replacement" will be added to the deal to sweeten the price of the order.

Re: PAL

JNC03

return to service on Tuesday, test flight yesterday

Re: PAL

JNC03
In speaking of 787s, Riyadh Air got there 789 already fresh from Boeing still registered in US. The airline just ordered them recently I think

Can PAL do what Riyadh Air did?

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
PR has been promoting their Business Class product...

And reading through the comments on their FB ad is saddening... it's all complaints on their business class product... not really what you want to read when you're promoting the BC fare...

Re: PAL

Evodesire
PAL has a huge problem with their marketing. I am sure they are well aware that they do not have a consistent business class product and yet, they keep promoting business class. Why not promote the cabin crew, the destinations, and the food.

They remain to be too traditional. Even PAL people are saying that their marketing sucks, too conservative, and all over the place.

Re: AirAsia Philippines A330

JNC03
AirAsia Philippines to start operating Airbus A330 widebody jets by 2024

Re: AirAsia Philippines A330

frequentflier
The Philippines is definitely an Airbus country.

Re: AirAsia Philippines A330

Evodesire
As confirmed by Tony Fernandes himself

Re: AirAsia Philippines A330

chowpau
JNC03 wrote
AirAsia Philippines to start operating Airbus A330 widebody jets by 2024
A330 widebody...as Philippine Air Asia or Philippine Air Asia X? Those 2 are different business models

Re: AirAsia Philippines A330

JNC03
This post was updated on .
It will remain as Philippines AirAsia and not the X business model

Z2 has a new majority shareholder

The Romero-led F&S Holdings, Inc. sold its shares in AirAsia Philippines to focus on other sectors such as power and ports.

The firm sold its shares to AA Com Travel Philippines, Inc., making it the sole local owner and majority shareholder of the airline

Re: AirAsia Philippines A330

chowpau
JNC03 wrote
It will remain as Philippines AirAsia and not the X business model

Z2 has a new majority shareholder

The Romero-led F&S Holdings, Inc. sold its shares in AirAsia Philippines to focus on other sectors such as power and ports.

The firm sold its shares to AA Com Travel Philippines, Inc., making it the sole local owner and majority shareholder of the airline
This would be the first in Air Asia..all economy a330
1 ... 60616263646566 ... 99