Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 58596061626364 ... 99

Re: PAL

Darkknight85
Evodesire wrote
Here's another thing I'm trying to analyze. If PAL still has those 6 A359 options and they decide to exercise them, that will bring the total A359 fleet to 8, and given also the possibility that 4 will rejoin the fleet after their stint with LH, that will bring the total A359 fleet to 12 maybe in 5 to 6 years from now. Plus 9 A350-1000s, that will give PAL a total of 21 A350 frames. Now, considering the possibility of a 787-9 order, wouldn't it be wiser for PR to just operate an A350 - 787 widebody fleet where A359s may have 2 configurations where a few will be configured for ultra long-haul and the remaining for ME routes and Aussie? Or are the A330s such as the A330neo still best suited to do ME flights over the A350 and 787?
Haven't they used the options for the A35K order?

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Evodesire wrote
Here's another thing I'm trying to analyze. If PAL still has those 6 A359 options and they decide to exercise them, that will bring the total A359 fleet to 8, and given also the possibility that 4 will rejoin the fleet after their stint with LH, that will bring the total A359 fleet to 12 maybe in 5 to 6 years from now. Plus 9 A350-1000s, that will give PAL a total of 21 A350 frames.
PAL has three A35K in option too, so assuming they haven't converted their option for 6 A350-900 to the bigger variant. That is 24 A350s in total in even numbers 12 A350-900 (6 ordered, with 6 in option) and 12 A350-1000 (9 on orders with 3 in option).

Re: PAL

chowpau
Evodesire wrote
Here's another thing I'm trying to analyze. If PAL still has those 6 A359 options and they decide to exercise them, that will bring the total A359 fleet to 8, and given also the possibility that 4 will rejoin the fleet after their stint with LH, that will bring the total A359 fleet to 12 maybe in 5 to 6 years from now. Plus 9 A350-1000s, that will give PAL a total of 21 A350 frames. Now, considering the possibility of a 787-9 order, wouldn't it be wiser for PR to just operate an A350 - 787 widebody fleet where A359s may have 2 configurations where a few will be configured for ultra long-haul and the remaining for ME routes and Aussie? Or are the A330s such as the A330neo still best suited to do ME flights over the A350 and 787?

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
So its confirmed that they have been converted to the bigger varaint? Makes me wonder what are PAL palns for their remaining  2 A350-900 will they eventually leave once the option for the A350-1000 are taken or will Airbus offer A350-900 at discount rates as way to counter the Boeing 787-9 since PAL isn't interested in the A330-900neo.

Re: PAL

Evodesire
So no more A359s rejoining the PAL fleet. 2 A359s and then 9 A35Ks four years down the line. And in other words, those 6 options were forfeited after they handed over the planes to LH? Sorry, trying to grasp the whole story.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Honestly it raise more question then answers also makes me doubt PAL will be keeping their remaning A350-900 in the long-haul and follow VS with Airbus A350-1000 and Boeing 787-9 just missing is the Airbus A330-900neo

Re: PAL

The six option was not actually model specific. It just state six A350s, there was no mentioned whether it was a -9 or -10. Probably because -10 was just a paper plane that time. Although we know it to be a -10 by 2018. This option was exercised now stating the -10, this time with 3 additional orders and 3 new options for delivery in 2025. More particularly 9-3. The option here is clear.

The 2016 order option was supposed to be exercised in 2019 after the last  A359 delivery schedule. Note there are two expiring 777w leases this year. Which PAL is forced to renew by circumstances. If not for covid, these frames could have been replaced with new plane orders made from 2016.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer wrote
So its confirmed that they have been converted to the bigger varaint? Makes me wonder what are PAL palns for their remaining  2 A350-900 will they eventually leave once the option for the A350-1000 are taken or will Airbus offer A350-900 at discount rates as way to counter the Boeing 787-9 since PAL isn't interested in the A330-900neo.
Wag ka pahalata. Obvious ka na masyado.

Kidding aside, this is what Airbus is actually doing. Sway the mind of its expat fleet planner.

And oh, by the way, I still maintain the LH fleet going back to them. Notwithstanding what Stan allegedly say. I still trust the word of my bubuwet working inside. Hindi pa naman ako pinahiya.

Re: PAL

JNC03
ALL airlines around the world need more aircraft as the demand continues to rise

We saw LH activated their A340s and A380 but it is not permanent due to operating costs

LH's orders with Boeing, the 77X and 787 is delayed

Re: PAL

JNC03
AIB's trick cannot work this time on offering A330neos to PAL, well who knows if they will try again

anyways can't wait for the 787-9 announcement, GE vs. RR is the interesting thing in this order

Re: PAL

I can only comment at the time of Leahy, when he was AIB super salesman in 2012. Result, PAL ordered another batch of 5 A330s. The B789 was nowhere, and when they are about to do it in 2016, PAL ordered the A359. The B789 still nowhere. they got 77w though. During the last 10 years Airbus has been there sweetening the deal for PAL. Boeing never got the chance.

In 2023, PAL ordered the A35K, Would the B789 still be nowhere?

Re: PAL

JNC03
Times are different now compared to before, the airlines have different market approaches now

The question is who passed PAL's requirements now, the answer is obvious

It seems like A350-1000 will be a hot-selling aircraft this year, Delta is considering a massive order for that variant

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Definitely, those A330-300s will need replacements. Not now, not in the next two years, but hopefully within the next 5 to 6 years from now. Lets see how things will change should the 787 deal push through. Lets see if Airbus can still convince PAL to get A339 as A333 replacements. The way I see things though, there is not much noise about PAL taking A339s as compared to the noise prior to the A359 and A35K orders. There was even more noise about 5J getting A339s prior to them putting in an order for 16 planes.

Re: PAL

JNC03
A330neo with dense config for ME and other Asian routes with high demand (OFWs) like Arianspace suggested previously

While 787-9 for long haul and medium haul routes with a lot of payload, Cebu hub expansion is also possible with LAX-CEB/SFO. Europe flights are also possible

Re: PAL

5 firms, 2 options.

Re: PAL

JNC03
This post was updated on .
For 787-9?

Since it will replace A330s specifically tri-class ones, it will be enough to replace them for now

5 pairs of RR or GE engines?🤔🤔

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Arianespace wrote
5 firms, 2 options.
This for the 787-9? Any target announcement date?

Re: PAL

Solblanc
Arianespace wrote
5 firms, 2 options.
And since it was mentioned before that this came about because of obligations to lessors, can we expect earlier delivery times compared to the A35Ks?

Re: PAL

Sorry. No further information provided.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Maybe the announcement is imminent since this week is the townhall meeting week
1 ... 58596061626364 ... 99