Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 59606162636465 ... 99

Re: PAL

Evodesire
So my biggest guess are B787-9 or additional A350-900 to replace those LH planes IF its true that they aren't returning to PAL. More on the former than the latter.

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
This post was updated on .
Was a bit surprised to learn that the high-density A333s are now also doing rounds to AUS...

Travelling next month to AUS, and honestly not looking forward to be on those A333s.

BTW, would anyone know what the status RP-C7772 is? Last May 20 it was bound for Amman as RP-C6772 and has been there ever since. Maintenance at JORAMCO?

Re: PAL

Not a surprise really. We already discussed the fact that they are in short supply of widebodies. They can't even get their old fleet back, as it was leased already to other operators. One story I get, they were beaten by D7 for one day. I think the same story with the rest. Others need maintenance plagued by supply issues. As to maintenance issues, LTP acknowledges there is really a supply chain issue on parts since western countries sanctioned Russia. I suspect, missing parts are made in Russia, whatever that is. Jordan would not be different, sourcing wise.

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Yes, I saw that two tri-class are now with D7 with the same seat configuration, same seats with IFEs, but different seat covers.

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
Not a surprise really. We already discussed the fact that they are in short supply of widebodies. They can't even get their old fleet back, as it was leased already to other operators. One story I get, they were beaten by D7 for one day. I think the same story with the rest. Others need maintenance plagued by supply issues. As to maintenance issues, LTP acknowledges there is really a supply chain issue on parts since western countries sanctioned Russia. I suspect, missing parts are made in Russia, whatever that is. Jordan would not be different, sourcing wise.
Surprised to know as well that while the high density A333s are serving MEL/SYD, the tri-class are also serving the ME (DXB now I think)...

Re: PAL

Evodesire
DOH also sees the tri-class planes at times. Surprised to see Aussie routes using the ME planes.

Re: PAL

JNC03
PAL's stockholders meeting will start in a bit, I hope we can have information on what happened in the meeting afterwards

Re: PAL

Evodesire
JNC03 wrote
PAL's stockholders meeting will start in a bit, I hope we can have information on what happened in the meeting afterwards
Aside from LT3 being appointed as new PAL Holdings President, any other news like approved aircraft orders, etc?

Re: Cebu Pacific

JNC03
Cebu Pacific is getting all A320neo or ceo it can lease due to demand

RP-C4160 arrived in Manila today, some speculate it will have a special livery.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Well Paris Airshow is around the corner let's see

Re: Cebu Pacific

Evodesire
Is RP-C4160 part of the 5 leased planes from Avolon? I think all they have are different seats. Different from the standard new ones.

Re: PAL

Evodesire wrote
JNC03 wrote
PAL's stockholders meeting will start in a bit, I hope we can have information on what happened in the meeting afterwards
Aside from LT3 being appointed as new PAL Holdings President, any other news like approved aircraft orders, etc?
The long awaited A320 replacement will be announced soon. It would still be a bus.

Re: PAL

frequentflier
Arianespace wrote
Evodesire wrote
JNC03 wrote
PAL's stockholders meeting will start in a bit, I hope we can have information on what happened in the meeting afterwards
Aside from LT3 being appointed as new PAL Holdings President, any other news like approved aircraft orders, etc?
The long awaited A320 replacement will be announced soon. It would still be a bus.
Is A220 a possibility? Can 320 pilots easily transition to this aircraft with minimal training?

Re: PAL

JNC03
NEO or something else?

Some outlets are reporting that A220-500 will be announced at Paris Airshow

Board members want old planes out indeedšŸ¤£

Re: PAL

JNC03
I also noticed some Q400 pilots are taking up type rating for A320 recently

Re: PAL

romantic_guy08
Just want to share this video from Chef JP Anglo when they prepared meals for the PAL staff at the 2P maintenance hanger...

can't help noticing the business class seats they uses as lounge chairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvM5G9yM3kc

Re: PAL

Evodesire
I can only guess it would be an A320neo as Airbus no longer sells A320s with CFM56 engines.

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Thats the beauty of somehow having young guns and aviation people handle things. Its high time for PAL to break out of their shell of being too conservative with their decision making. The young guns are aggressive but well calculated in making decisions.

Re: PAL

Evodesire
frequentflier wrote
Is A220 a possibility? Can 320 pilots easily transition to this aircraft with minimal training?
I doubt the A220. A320neo would be the best choice. And I am hearing from the grapevine that 2P is planning to do commercial regional flights.

While they though have 6 A321LRs already, is there a chance of them to consider the A321XLR?

Re: PAL

JNC03
Today is Capt Stanley's birthday, so why not celebrate it with some major announcementšŸ¤£

But I think it will be reserved for Paris Airshow
1 ... 59606162636465 ... 99