Manila International Airport

1 ... 2425262728

Re: NAIA Consortium

ewh1
Maybe a modular temporary structure while a more permanent, prefab terminal building that’s built offside and delivered/moved to the airport site. I know that’s what Ramon Ang mentioned as to how he can get a 2 year construction timeline for NMIA so I wouldn’t be surprised if something like this was done at NAIA

Also prefab doesn’t have to be ugly. I know Atlanta and I believe Zurich are doing something similar. It just depends on whether it was designed with principal architects rather than engineers. lol

Re: NAIA Consortium

JNC03 wrote
According to NNIC general manager Angelito Alvarez, the group had already engaged with several consultants regarding the reassignment of terminals being used by airlines to improve passenger experience and boost flight efficiency.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/economy/919827/new-naia-infra-corp-says-terminal-reassignments-will-surely-happen/story/
Wrong. That is what MIAA told them. They are just executing it. Politics of attribution, to make them look good. Otherwise, how would this forum know? Maybe one of their consultant is here...

Re: NAIA Consortium

This is 2018 file from DOTr vault

Re: NAIA Consortium

JNC03
They will not extend T1 anymore right?

Re: NAIA Consortium

JNC03

Re: NAIA Consortium

chowpau
That will happen if no construction of T2 and T3 extension and reshuffle of assigned terminals

If the extension of the T2 and T3 are done.....

If T4 was demolished and Philippine Air Asia will be transferred back to T2....

Re: NAIA Consortium

JNC03
In that percentage PAL can add more aircraft to their fleet and add addtl routes because T1 is spacious for them

For T2 we all know that 5J is expanding their fleet they have a decent space there. For PALEx, Z2 and RYL they are not planning for expansion like 5J. Besides RYL is rarely spotted in MNL too these days and Z2 is having troubles with their small fleet.

For T3 they can add more 5J planes and several intl airline who wants to operate in MNL

Planes from T2 can immediately taxi to RWY 13/31 where domestic flights utilizing narrowbody aircraft go

Re: NAIA Consortium

chowpau
JNC03 wrote
In that percentage PAL can add more aircraft to their fleet and add addtl routes because T1 is spacious for them

For T2 we all know that 5J is expanding their fleet they have a decent space there. For PALEx, Z2 and RYL they are not planning for expansion like 5J. Besides RYL is rarely spotted in MNL too these days and Z2 is having troubles with their small fleet.

For T3 they can add more 5J planes and several intl airline who wants to operate in MNL

Planes from T2 can immediately taxi to RWY 13/31 where domestic flights utilizing narrowbody aircraft go
And maybe coincide with the plan increase of runway capacity from 40 or 41 aircraft movement per hour to 48

Re: NAIA Consortium

Solblanc
chowpau wrote
That will happen if no construction of T2 and T3 extension and reshuffle of assigned terminals

If the extension of the T2 and T3 are done.....

If T4 was demolished and Philippine Air Asia will be transferred back to T2....
Can I ask where the capacity numbers are coming from? Because we know that T1 has a design capacity of 6.5m international, T2 is 9m domestic and T3 is 13m international. Given that there are no new gates in T1 and T3, how did the capacity numbers jump?

Re: NAIA Consortium

JNC03 wrote
They will not extend T1 anymore right?
They will not extend T1. It is a heritage site. A building declared as heritage site cannot be altered or destroyed. They can however improve what is inside like this one.

Expect improvements on the T1 vehicle parking too. Sadly they can't alter the front façade.

JNC03 wrote
The post is correct on terminal capacity.

Declared NAIA Terminal capacity introduced in 2022 by Tugade's DOTr.
Terminal capacity of Terminal 4 is  5 million in 2022
Terminal capacity of Terminal 3 is 18 million in 2022
Terminal capacity of Terminal 2 is 14 million in 2022
Terminal capacity of Terminal 1 is 12 million in 2022
Terminal capacity for all terminals is 49 million in 2022

Original capacity for all terminals was 35 million. With the modification, 14 million were added, majority of that figure were taken from Terminal 2, from 7 to 14, by dismantling ICQs.

13 million capacity will come from the new Terminal 2 Annex building. Another 3 million will come from T3 extension.

Domestic is supposed to be gone together with general aviation. That was the plan. RSA is keeping T4 as overflow containment measure, while new terminal is constructed in the next 3 years.

Until then, nothing will move.

Like I told you before, T2 will all be domestic. That of course includes CEB. T3 will be international.

P.S. I did mentioned before that T3 nowadays is a shitty place.

Re: NAIA Consortium

JNC03
For me T3 is a cursed place

From its construction up to now, full of problems and defects

Re: NAIA Consortium

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Could've posted this at exactly 12:01 AM, NAIA management will be transferred to Private Hands

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIS3KjinPc

Re: NAIA Consortium

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
3 Hours and 8 Minutes to go before NNIC takes over

Re: NAIA Consortium

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
NAIA is now managed by NNIC

Re: NAIA Consortium

Gustavo J Oppenheimer

Re: NAIA Consortium

Gustavo J Oppenheimer

Re: NAIA Consortium

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/2024/9/16/walkalators-terminal-extension-subway-link-what-s-coming-after-naia-turnover-842

DOTr Sec Bautista interview post-NAIA takeover. Will Smart and Globe remain as Internet providers in the Airport or are they also adding 1 more?

Re: NAIA Consortium

Re: NAIA Consortium

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Sayang lang if SMC would only create a spur road at hindi People Mover since they said it's expensive

Re: NAIA Consortium

JNC03
Seems nice
1 ... 2425262728