Airlines In The Philippines III

1 ... 32333435363738 ... 43

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

xzibit31
This post was updated on .
Scoot (TR) will start to use their E190-E2 to DVO effective October 27.

DVO will see a mix of 321N's and E190-E2 on certain days.

TR-370 SIN 0200H - 0535H DVO E295 eff Oct 27
TR-371 DVO 0610H - 0945H SIN E295 eff Oct 27

SUNDAY
TR370/371 E295

MONDAY
TR360/361 A21N

TUESDAY
TR370/371 E295

WEDNESDAY
TR370/371 E295
TR360/361 A21N

THURSDAY
TR360/361 A21N

FRIDAY
TR370/371 E295
TR360/361 A21N

SATURDAY
TR360/361 A21N

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

meronbopis wrote
If you are wet leasing, not sure why you would not fully utilize the aircraft or let it sit on the stands when it can be flying?
Maintenance. You noticed aircraft bound for SYD is rotated? You just can't fly aircraft 24/7

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

airline_builder
specifically, airbus? boy the maintenance people i have spoken and dealt with, the required ground time in-between and on operational cycles are not just too "restive" but pricey as well but somehow there are happy pockets on that particular feature of the manufacturer

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
5J will released their financial results today, I hope PAL can release theirs next week

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
This post was updated on .
Meanwhile in Hongkong

Cathay Pacific will buy 30 Airbus A330-900 wide-body aircraft for a basic price of about $11 billion, with options to buy another 30, the Hong Kong-based airline said on Wednesday. Delivery is expected by end-2031, the airline said.

Cathay did not disclose the purchase price but said 30 A330s have a basic price of $11 billion and significant price concessions were given on that.

Cathay operates a mixed fleet of Boeing and Airbus  aircraft.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/cathay-pacific-buy-30-airbus-a330-900-aircraft-11-bln-2024-08-07/?

Imagine ordering aircraft from airbus now and the delivery year will be 2031

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc
JNC03 wrote
Meanwhile in Hongkong

Cathay Pacific will buy 30 Airbus A330-900 wide-body aircraft for a basic price of about $11 billion, with options to buy another 30, the Hong Kong-based airline said on Wednesday. Delivery is expected by end-2031, the airline said.

Cathay did not disclose the purchase price but said 30 A330s have a basic price of $11 billion and significant price concessions were given on that.

Cathay operates a mixed fleet of Boeing and Airbus  aircraft.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/cathay-pacific-buy-30-airbus-a330-900-aircraft-11-bln-2024-08-07/?

Imagine ordering aircraft from airbus now and the delivery year will be 2031
There’s a little mistake with the Reuters article. Cathay’s own PR says that first deliveries will be in 2028. Coz if first deliveries are in 2031, they might as well get 787s.

Anyway, the A330neo should be able to cover Cathay’s existing A330 routes and more. Also, given Cathay’s penchant for regional configurations, a regional a330neo won’t really need the extra range of the 787

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
They have A359s anyways for long range flights

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

airline_builder
…..while over at Philippine Airlines
……
……
…..
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
PAL just released an internal corporate announcement clarifying the news about the massive order. Anyway, to make things shorter, they are not ordering planes. They will wait first for the delivery of 9+3 A35Ks, and 13 A321Ns. Good luck to them. I hope they will not regret things 5 years from now.

I have a feeling BOD (Tans) disapproved it.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

airline_builder
Evodesire wrote
PAL just released an internal corporate announcement clarifying the news about the massive order. Anyway, to make things shorter, they are not ordering planes. They will wait first for the delivery of 9+3 A35Ks, and 13 A321Ns. Good luck to them. I hope they will not regret things 5 years from now.

I have a feeling BOD (Tans) disapproved it.
That was expected…..as usual PAL

So moving on next…….

I have a feeling BOD (Tans) disapproved it.
Looool. Wait pa more.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
As per the internal news, they are fine with the A35Ks and A321Ns. Good luck to them, really. Also, where is 7784?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

ewh1
Yeah... this just seems like another stalling tactic to quiet the flames for now until they're actually ready to announce something.

Maybe also a pressure tactic for the board like was mentioned before, who knows? It does seem like announcing this large a/c order was strategic in order to create pressure from within. Is it towards the board or the family?

Seems like PAL just wants to be a midsized carrier that's focused on the bottom line. Maybe one day there'll be another legacy carrier in the Philippines that'll help to create more competition.

Anyone got $500 million to spare?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
ewh1 wrote

That's what we need. I feel as of this point, PAL can no longer fulfill its role as a true flag carrier if they would rather settle for mediocrity. Why don't they just change "Philippines" into "Tan family"?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

ewh1 wrote
Yeah... this just seems like another stalling tactic to quiet the flames for now until they're actually ready to announce something.
This is actually the reason. PR Holdings has the habit of doing it in the past. Just like this one

And look how the news report was accurate a few days later, $388 is almost $400 million.

I already stated in this forum that there is yet no BOD approval. But it doesn't mean that the multi-billion dollar acquisition other than those already announced doesn't exist. They are just not ready to announced them yet.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Ayala Land talking to several airlines for AirSWIFT sale

Property giant Ayala Land Inc. is also talking to other domestic airline companies, not just Cebu Pacific Air, for the sale of its investment in AirSWIFT which mainly serves resort destinations.

In an interview, ALI Executive Director and Head of Leasing and Hospitality Mariana Zobel de Ayala said that, while they are talking to Cebu Pacific, “it's not exclusive in the sense that we are entertaining several (potential buyers)… There are parallel discussions with other airline companies.”

While declining to identify the other airlines they are in discussions with, she pointed out that, “There are only so many local airlines.” Among the country’s biggest carriers are Philippine Airlines and Air Asia Philippines.
https://mb.com.ph/2024/8/7/ayala-land-talking-to-several-airlines-for-air-swift-sale

From your lips to Airbus’ (and maybe Boeing’s) ears. I’m
sure there’ll be lots of interesting tidbits that await us when it’s time to release the news to the wolves

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
This is clearly a tactic of the airline

Well if its thrilling, much better

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

romantic_guy08
I find the flight dispatch of PAL odd... and I'm confused...

They had flights to BKK, HKG and LAX departing at the around the same time...

And yet, chose to use the A333 to LAX (via ICN), and then deploy the 77Ws to BKK and HKG...

Am I missing something? or does it not make sense to use the 77W instead to LAX (PR 112) instead of deploying them to BKK and HKG when they departed almost at the same time... instead they use the A333 to LAX with a one-stop in ICN.
1 ... 32333435363738 ... 43