Airlines In The Philippines III

1 ... 30313233343536 ... 43

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire wrote
Is this the pasabog which Ariane has been telling us to wait for?
Nope. The 100 count refers to operating aircraft by 2025.

And Stan is tightlip nowadays. But he can be caught off-guard sometimes. In the meantime, he keeps the cards tight and close to his chest. Rightly so. But we all know the study on medium haul aircraft acquisition was already done last year. Because it was made after the long haulers. And they are due for delivery next year. Yet strangely he said it was postponed. Possibly because there was no BOD approval yet. Or perhaps to make it a suspense to drum up anticipation. Road are already cleared.  Equity Lessors are already ready. Investments has been made to PAL holdings.

Flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) has received regulatory approval to raise its capital stock to P30 billion to free up space for fresh investments from its parent unit.

In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, PAL’s parent PAL Holdings Inc. said  it secured approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission to proceed with its application to increase its authorized capital.
https://www.philstar.com/business/2024/04/20/2348956/pal-hikes-capital-p30-billion
And its not the parent alone that is putting money. The credit swap holders too are putting aircraft assets. Orders has been made. They wont order something unless preparatory and commitment talks were already done. It is done. Equity increase was already approved to support the re-fleeting plan. Also done.  Remember, after the long haulers were announced before in 2010, the medium haulers followed suit in 2012. So they are forthcoming. Pasabog is real. the 25 additional fleet is just icing on the cake. The next trance is much bigger.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
I remember when he spoke about the interest of PAL in A35K after a few months PAL announced their order after the report of Reuters regarding the order hours before the PAL's announcement.

Are they studying the A320 replacement too or it's done like the medium haul aircraft?

If the order has been already made by the lessors, I think they are waiting for their cabin design and announce them all together with the A35K cabin to have a more media attention like 5J did. They didn't go to Farnborough for a reason it seems like they don't need to because they will don't do anything there and the deal is polished already. The presence of some Boeing execs here last month can be a sign that some thing has been agreed on.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
as per InsiderPH, they are considering an order of about 60-70 planes

https://insiderph.com/refleeting-a-no-brainer-pal-eyes-multi-billion-dollar-fleet-expansion

In the same article, they are still pushing forward for Long Haul flights in Europe next year, they will prioritize Spain, France and Italy

PAL is also using the options for the 3 A350 aircraft, they are just finding financial institutions to help fund the 3 A350s

https://www.bworldonline.com/corporate/2024/07/31/611272/pal-seeks-500m-for-3-more-airbus-a350s/

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
Ng said in the article that PAL will take the A321neos starting next year

In April, PAL said that it was targeting to purchase 13 A321 New Engine Options (NEOs).

These aircraft will start arriving next year and continue through to 2028, he said.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc

Dunno why they’re still announcing that they’re looking at Europe. They need double-daily Australia frequencies for good-yielding feed to supplement O/D to multiple European destinations, and they don’t have enough planes for Australia, whether widebody or narrowbody, plus do they even have the slots?

If Cebu Pacific gets the XLR, even in an all-economy config, they should be able to reach DXB and fly a second frequency next to the NEOs. And they can take advantage of dormant fifth freedom rights to extend that flight to LGW. They’ll be able to offer an ultra low-cost kangaroo route; I can imagine those seat sales will be very attractive to backpackers on both ends. And it’s that market that won’t care about longer layovers.

I also wonder if PAL is considering getting XLRs, especially since they may be getting B737s to cater to their regional ops. XLRs can comfortably carry more passengers than their existing NEOs that fly to PER and BNE because of the cabin flex option; even ITA is able to squeeze in all-aisle access business class and a premium economy cabin and have the same seat count as PAL thanks to cabin flex. Flying XLRs can increase SYD/MEL frequencies while providing consistent product, and also stay within the limits of the bilateral. If Saudi airspace were open, the XLRs can do MNL-BKK-TLV, which may be easier to achieve that the failed MNL-DEL-TLV proposal coz of DEL’s congestion. XLRs can also fly to AUH and DXB and move on to Europe. They can also do MNL-KHI-Europe like the old 742 days, and it can be done for a fraction of the cost of wide body ops.

Anyway, curious to see what their plans are

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
Yes additional A321neos are needed specially the XLR to cater more long haul flights even from other airports aside from Manila

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

FLAG CARRIER Philippine Airlines (PAL) said it is in talks with financial institutions to secure approximately $500 million in funding for the acquisition of three additional Airbus aircraft.

 “These three that we ordered are just options. It is for our buffer,” PAL President and Chief Operating Officer Stanley K. Ng told BusinessWorld on Tuesday.

This additional aircraft purchase is on top of the nine A350-1000s planned by the company, Mr. Ng said, adding that, overall, PAL is now ordering 25 aircraft.
https://www.bworldonline.com/corporate/2024/07/31/611272/pal-seeks-500m-for-3-more-airbus-a350s/
Confirming the information provided earlier in this forum that there were 12 35ks ordered, while the rest of the media quoted only 9. Now they are already 12.

See, this forum is clearly ahead of the information game. And by the way, the talks were done and sealed contrary to what Stan said. Just like I said earlier.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
Since his media exposure is not that frequent he is saying things that happened already🤣

Why not other fifth freedom flights to EU countries? Our LCCs can put the ASEAN-EU Open Skies Agreement into good use.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
https://edge.pse.com.ph/openDiscViewer.do?edge_no=143dac3dffd02df6abca0fa0c5b4e4d0

"The statement quoting the President and COO of PAL may have been misinterpreted considering that the acquisition of the planes has not been discussed by the Board. We cannot therefore confirm the above-quoted statement.

We trust that we have clarified your query on the said news article."

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Anything we should know about the massive plane order that was reported by the media yesterday?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer wrote
https://edge.pse.com.ph/openDiscViewer.do?edge_no=143dac3dffd02df6abca0fa0c5b4e4d0

"The statement quoting the President and COO of PAL may have been misinterpreted considering that the acquisition of the planes has not been discussed by the Board. We cannot therefore confirm the above-quoted statement.

We trust that we have clarified your query on the said news article."
Coincidentally answered by the previous post even before it hit PSE. See. Carefully guarded!
Arianespace wrote
[...]

What’s the board waiting for? 2030?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
If they have 100 operating aircraft by 2025 they should add 24 more since they have 76 aircraft currently according to planespotters.net

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

They have an official booked order of 25 planes in 2025, + 12 35k and 13 211s. That is what Stan meant in the interview. over 100 planes. The misquote of 100 new planes was corrected this morning at the PSE which was posted above. The next one does not reach 50.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
By adding their current fleet to their official order it will reach 101

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

oninBadz
That means above does not include the Pasabog yet right?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

xzibit31
oninBadz wrote
That means above does not include the Pasabog yet right?
The pasabog should be more than the orders of 5J.  If below that,  its just a spark.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
However, the 12 A350-1000s will replace all 777s. Now if the BOD does not approve the 80+ new planes, then I guess the Tans are hopeless. However, the lessors who have stakes in PAL should approve and be happy for this. Such order will mean more moolah for them.
1 ... 30313233343536 ... 43