Airlines In The Philippines III

1 ... 28293031323334 ... 43

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

airline_builder
JNC03 wrote
PAL executive vice president and general counsel Carlos Luis Fernandez said the A350-1000s would begin arriving in its hangars by the second semester of 2025.

Aside from this, Airbus informed PAL it would deliver the first of the A321neos as scheduled in 2026. Fernandez said these aircraft orders – nine A350-1000s and 13 A321neos – are enough for PAL to throttle the business back to full strength in the aftermath of the pandemic.

“We have the A350s that will start coming in by the third quarter to fourth quarter of next year. We have been told that that is still on track. In 2026, we would have the first of the 13 A321neos coming in. So far, it is still on track, we have been assured of that,” Fernandez told The STAR.

For the year, Fernandez said PAL no longer intends to expand in new routes, postponing its plan to land in Sapporo again. However, he noted that as soon as Japan resolves its manpower issues in airports, PAL would consider resuming its Manila flights to Sapporo

https://qa.philstar.com/business/2024/07/26/2372950/pal-expects-delivery-new-long-haul-jets

enough for PAL to throttle back to business....therefore, for the medium haul replacement, it is nowhere insight, the least they could do is tag along those pathetic configured A330s to the 321s refurbishment - the most decent thing to do for consistency on products and marketing.

visit PAL website, several versions of the A330 configuration in kalye translation

TRICLASS with prem economy for the Aussie and afford market
TRICLASS with cattle config for the regional asian route na naka afford na
BICLASS for MidEast for trabajante puede na yan sa kanila

impressive hahahaha

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc
airline_builder wrote
[...]

I personally feel like they could’ve kept the low-density triclass aircraft so that they wouldn’t have to wet-lease the wamos planes (or at least they could have wet-leased hi-density wamos planes for Mideast ops) and just waited for enough A35Ks to free up 77Ws. The 77Ws could have become high-density machines with better cargo capabilities.

Anyway, it is what it is. Technically, PAL can still sign up for a small order of A330NEOs and still operate it alongside any 787s that may come. 5 NEOs can complement the existing A330 fleet, and bring back the lost premium economy capacity. Options can determine whether or not to continue the NEO path, or they can choose not to exercise them when 787s become more readily available.

As much as lessor availability for Boeing planes is being touted and teased, the fact remains that existing Boeing customers are complaining that they’re not getting their planes on time. Deliveries of the max and 787 are still capped. How many delivery slots can the lessors seriously squeeze when Boeing’s blue-chip customers are complaining that they’re being left high and dry?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Is 5J still expecting the XLR or did they convert the orders to A321 NEOs? If they still have XLRs on order, will they use PW Engines?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

oninBadz wrote
Max 8? Perfect fit for GAP would be the Max 9 right? Is there a big possibility that they would also consider those E2's in the pasabog? What will happen to those refurbished A321CEO'S are they going to retained in the mainline PR if those Boeings are confirmed in the future?
Yes. But it requires another cabin crew in excess of 200. Max 8 can have 200 seats in mono, as compared to 189 seats for A320neo.

Some of the 321ceo, about 4 of them is already with GAP that does rotation to major cities. The rest with PAL. The original intent in 2018 was for PAL to all have the neo, while GAP the 22 ceo. That is the reason why they don't have IFE while neo has. Because all ceo was ultimately designed for domestic. Due to difficulty procuring new aircraft after covid, 18 of them was upgraded to the neo standards, while the remaining 4 stays with GAP.

Solblanc wrote
As much as lessor availability for Boeing planes is being touted and teased, the fact remains that existing Boeing customers are complaining that they’re not getting their planes on time. Deliveries of the max and 787 are still capped. How many delivery slots can the lessors seriously squeeze when Boeing’s blue-chip customers are complaining that they’re being left high and dry?
Everyone is affected. Including the lessors. But some of the lessors ordered the max early on while they were undergoing certifications. Its basically a new plane certified for high density configuration in 2021. Pioneers have 30% discount on the plane ordered before certifications. Even if everyone is affected by delay, lessor have planes coming early on the cue. That is where they hit a jackpot. Because they are selling or leasing it at current cost.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
This post was updated on .
Some airlines today are getting new aircraft types for their fleet via lessors

Some of them are not announced immediately, some are spotted first painted overseas before the airline confirms that they will get new aircraft.

If that is the case PAL should prepare to have pilots and crew trained for a different type of aircraft, or they are doing it now behind the scenes.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
[...]

Exactly why many's optimism for PAL went the other way around. All what they are doing right now are far from making PAL one of the best again, at least in terms of reputation and branding like PAL in 2018 to 2019 under JJB. That messed up A330 configuration where each aircraft is configured with "OFW seating", "Aussie seating", and so forth.

Airlines, even premium airlines are beefing up their fleet in anticipation of stronger travel demand from 2025 onwards. Airbus and Boeing CMOs are one in showing that there will be a 7% annual growth rate for Asia Pacific travel market from 2023 until 2043.

While PAL just sits there and watch things happen. Once they do and when its too late, they take action. I dont know who is to blame, BOD or the executives.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
They have plans to operate Aussie flights from Cebu and to serve India and Sapporo. But lets see if that will push through.

Is 5J also pushing through with their RUH and DOH plans?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
I think Cebu Pac recently said that new Long Haul routes are not on the table for now, I think that includes RUH and DOH

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Most likely putting first their A330s in regionals due to the NEO AOGs. Maybe in the next two years?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Well if they are pushing for long haul, I think they will do it after 2026 or after 2035 when the new orders are delivered

https://www.zawya.com/en/world/china-and-asia-pacific/still-no-to-long-haul-for-cebu-pacific-ozto3zww

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
PAL is finding someone who knows this stuff

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Most likely, the person in that position resigned. No use. You do whatever the Tans tell you to do, or you step out the door. Even if you recommend they put in a huge order soon, the family still has the last say.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

N751PR
Evodesire wrote
They have plans to operate Aussie flights from Cebu and to serve India and Sapporo. But lets see if that will push through.

Is 5J also pushing through with their RUH and DOH plans?
Sapporo may be difficult at the moment due to staffing shortages at CTS and chronic jet fuel shortage due to reductions in refining capacity, something that seemed to be enough for QF to not continue it's seasonal winter flights.

Australia's Qantas drops Sapporo flight idea over labor shortages - NIKKEIAsia
TOKYO/SAPPORO, Japan -- Australia's Qantas Airways has joined a number of carriers forgoing scheduling flights to and from regional Japanese airports as Japan faces a ground airport staff shortage and an acute fuel shortage also looms.

Earlier this year, Qantas had been assessing recommencing seasonal flying to Sapporo for the next ski season in Hokkaido in the north. But a specific plan did not materialize due to supplier constraints at the airport, including labor shortages. Qantas had discussions with local airport stakeholders but did not enter the government filing process, and thus did not schedule any flights.

Singapore Airlines also faces obstacles to its plan for a new seasonal route to and from New Chitose Airport.

A total of 14 weekly international routes at New Chitose are expected to be dropped this summer and winter.

Also in Hokkaido, plans for two summer routes each at Asahikawa Airport and Obihiro Airport were scrapped as well. The cancellations at Obihiro came from South Korea's Korean Air and T'way Air, which were unable to secure enough fuel from distributors, Obihiro city authorities said.

Read more...

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

oninBadz
Any idea on when those grounded PR and 5J Neos will be back online? I wonder how will NAIA will be able to accomodate all those birds not including the massive 5J order..

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Not sure when but 6E from India can give us a hint

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/indias-top-airline-indigos-q1-profit-falls-higher-expenses-2024-07-26/

And they wouldn't fit it all on MNL only, they will station the planes in other areas such as CEB, CRK, ILO etc.

seven13
I have been thinking to myself and wishing that PR could have opted with the Apex suites (similar to KE prestige class) for its 777 when it was ordered. It would only be 6 seats less than the current but offering far superior product. Ohwell papel….

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
Actually 5J will return some A320ceos they have now by Q1 2025 because the PW groundings will be lessen.

By having more flights from other airports they will station aircrafts there, recently they introduced ILO-HKG and other routes as well outside NAIA to utilize their growing fleet.

The domestic operations of the A330neos aside from CEB and DVO is also expected due to limited space in MNL. This will make more room for A321 and A320neos to be stationed on other airports to increase flights or frequency.

Re: …

JNC03
They need to ensure that the cabin product for the A35K will be a change to their current cabin products

Specially the competition is present like United, soon Delta and Air Canada.

Re: …

seven13
JNC03 wrote
They need to ensure that the cabin product for the A35K will be a change to their current cabin products

Specially the competition is present like United, soon Delta and Air Canada.
I’m not putting my hopes up when it comes to their choice of cabin products.

Re: …

Solblanc

We know that it’ll at least be of similar caliber or better to the existing A350s.

We also know that recaro has been teased as the supplier. And their suite with a door is already in service with Iberia.
1 ... 28293031323334 ... 43