Airlines In The Philippines III

1 ... 27282930313233 ... 44

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
I think PBBM will appreciate them more if they order more planes to show that they are serious about really helping the tourism and travel industries. Plus more new planes with better hard products will help improve their branding, especially as a national flag carrier.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Gustavo J Oppenheimer
Will they still attend the airshow though at least si Capt. Stan? The airshow won't end until the 26th

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
PArang malabo na.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc

Evodesire wrote
PArang malabo na.
Airbus has been quoted as being unable to take orders in the near term due to lack of production slots. So the narrow body and medium-haul fleets are gonna be in trouble.

MH is transitioning to the NEO. TG already secured 787s and 350s, as well as VN. SQ was always ahead of the curve.

CX is the only one other than PR that has still yet to decide its medium-haul replacement in the region. But CX A330s are very well-maintained, and they’re also taking delivery of A321NEOs that provide some flexibility in short-haul.

If PAL’s rumored 737-9/78X offer is still on the table, they really should take it soon.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Solblanc wrote

Airbus has been quoted as being unable to take orders in the near term due to lack of production slots. So the narrow body and medium-haul fleets are gonna be in trouble.

MH is transitioning to the NEO. TG already secured 787s and 350s, as well as VN. SQ was always ahead of the curve.

CX is the only one other than PR that has still yet to decide its medium-haul replacement in the region. But CX A330s are very well-maintained, and they’re also taking delivery of A321NEOs that provide some flexibility in short-haul.

If PAL’s rumored 737-9/78X offer is still on the table, they really should take it soon.
The difference between CX and PR is that the former has enough planes, while the latter lacks them, which is why they are now experiencing more flight cancellations than 5J, sans the weather and recent outage.

CX has a good hard product; PR doesn't. Reason why PR has to secure the orders soon. I am expecting more airlines to order 787s, pushing PR's slot further down. Also, they need to replace those A320s, hence, its not only widebodies, but the narrows too.

PR needs a total makeover. And yes, keeping old planes will definitely hamper them from making more money due to maintenance costs. The solution to all their problems now is definitely new planes. From the narrows to the wides.

After the pandemic, airlines have began using a more proactive style of management, while PR continues on being that traditional reactive style. It's just like sticking to pad paper in a time of tablets. While pad papers still work, it will definitely push them behind those who have adapted to the times.

I was also expecting PAL to exercise its 3 A35K options but nope. Hence, lets see. For now, just by observing them, I am not optimistic. Where is 7784 too? October is just around the corner.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03 wrote
The Gokongweis and the Ayalas are in talks for yet another major deal, this time for Cebu Pacific’s acquisition of boutique airline AirSWIFT from the Ayala Group’s property arm Ayala Land Inc.

https://qa.philstar.com/business/2024/07/22/2371885/cebu-pacific-talks-acquire-airswift/amp/
As it turned out, ATX is deeply affected by its inability to fully utilized their ATR rotations at MNL brought by increasing air traffic. Same reason why RLB left for CRK so that it can grow or die trying. SRQ, the one that bought SGD, on the other hand wanted its lucrative 12 landing slots, to park CEB A320s at T4, together with the acquisition of their 4 AT76, which they will need in vis-min operations, with ENI access just icing to its cake. Industry sources reveals that ATX bite more than what it can chew when it added the AT76 without sufficient rotations out of MNL. So in short, they are bleeding on the lease payments of these birds. Not that they are losing but they are not getting enough returns. They are getting hard time passing competition commission approval.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
Airbus is unable to meet the demand for its popular narrow-body aircraft.  The company has been forced to turn down aircraft orders because  of the size of its backlog and full delivery skyline. In an interview at the Farnborough Air Show, Airbus CEO Guillaume Faury said “today we have to refuse orders because we are not able to deliver in the time frame that is requested.

Airbus has been forced by supply-chain difficulties to curtail its planned growth, exacerbating the problem in delivering aircraft to new customers. Today, Airbus is essentially sold out on most of its aircraft programs with only a few delivery slots available before the end of the decade, and new A321s are sold out until 2030, making it a 6-7 year wait for deliveries.

https://airinsight.com/airbus-turns-down-orders-as-backlog-extends/

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
If PAL only ordered more planes earlier. So this means GAP will be keeping those A320s until 2030? Now I am sure they are scratching their heads again.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc
Evodesire wrote
If PAL only ordered more planes earlier. So this means GAP will be keeping those A320s until 2030? Now I am sure they are scratching their heads again.
Well, there are still Embraer production slots available. The E195-E2 is a good plane to base out of Clark and Cebu

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

The GAP A320s won't be permitted to fly beyond 2027. Their certificates to fly would be revoke by that time. Why worry? There are plenty of lessors to go around. Hintay ka lang sa pasabog

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Oh nice! Lets wait for that pasabog. Will that come before the year ends?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

To tickle your minds. A little.

Macquarie AirFinance Places First Boeing Order with Purchase of 20 737 MAX Jets

FARNBOROUGH, United Kingdom, July 23, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Macquarie AirFinance announced today that the lessor has made its first direct order for Boeing airplanes. The purchase of 20 737-8s doubles Macquarie AirFinance's existing 737-8 order book, which it acquired from ALAFCO Aviation Lease and Finance Co. in 2023.

https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2024-07-23-Macquarie-AirFinance-Places-First-Boeing-Order-with-Purchase-of-20-737-MAX-Jets#assets_all

MACQUARIE AIRFINANCE SIGNS AGREEMENT FOR 40 LEAP-1B ENGINES

FARNBOROUGH, England – Macquarie AirFinance today finalized an agreement for 20 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft powered by 40 LEAP-1B engines.

“We are very pleased to announce our latest order of CFM LEAP engines for the Boeing 737 MAX fleet,” said Eamonn Bane, Chief Executive Officer of Macquarie AirFinance. “This investment underscores our commitment to providing our clients with the most efficient and reliable technology on the market. The advanced performance and fuel efficiency of the LEAP engines align with our goal of supporting sustainable growth and operational excellence in the aviation industry.”

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
They are the lessor of some PAL A320s if I remember it right

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

oninBadz
Max 8? Perfect fit for GAP would be the Max 9 right? Is there a big possibility that they would also consider those E2's in the pasabog? What will happen to those refurbished A321CEO'S are they going to retained in the mainline PR if those Boeings are confirmed in the future?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

To tickle your minds further. Should ring a bell.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
Yes I saw that lessors are among the biggest shareholders in the company

Here is the latest list

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
PAL executive vice president and general counsel Carlos Luis Fernandez said the A350-1000s would begin arriving in its hangars by the second semester of 2025.

Aside from this, Airbus informed PAL it would deliver the first of the A321neos as scheduled in 2026. Fernandez said these aircraft orders – nine A350-1000s and 13 A321neos – are enough for PAL to throttle the business back to full strength in the aftermath of the pandemic.

“We have the A350s that will start coming in by the third quarter to fourth quarter of next year. We have been told that that is still on track. In 2026, we would have the first of the 13 A321neos coming in. So far, it is still on track, we have been assured of that,” Fernandez told The STAR.

For the year, Fernandez said PAL no longer intends to expand in new routes, postponing its plan to land in Sapporo again. However, he noted that as soon as Japan resolves its manpower issues in airports, PAL would consider resuming its Manila flights to Sapporo

https://qa.philstar.com/business/2024/07/26/2372950/pal-expects-delivery-new-long-haul-jets

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

JNC03
No cabin reveal yet 1 year before delivery

Re: Cebu Pacific

romantic_guy08
Cebu Pacific will be relaunching daily service between ILOILO and HONG KONG starting Oct. 27. While daily ILOILO to SINGAPORE will also follow suit...

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Medyo nakakaumay na talaga ang 9 A350-1000s and 13 A321neos. Waiting for that pasabog though. For now, still not optimistic about PAL.

Nothing about 7784. Nothing about new routes in the pipeline. Nothing about new planes. Cebu Pacific is more exciting to watch now.

Lets see whats going in for PAL in 2025 aside from the A35K deliveries.
1 ... 27282930313233 ... 44