Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 42434445464748 ... 99

Re: PAL

Evodesire
I see an A350-1000 and 787-9/10 coming sooner than a 777X. Is PAL also considering the 787-10 as A330-300 replacements?

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
This post was updated on .
[Edit] I can see the A350-900 & A350-1000 being used for long-haul and occasional medium to regional flights used. While the B787-9 for regional to medium-haul and long-haul from smaller hubs such as CRK or CEB. With potential for the B787-10 which replaced the high-density A330-300 with between 340-362 seats for bith regional or middle east routes.

The only type I can't see fit is the B777X which is facing further uncertainty after LH order for 10 A350-1000? Though I remain open to the possibility of a 400+ seater in PAL fleet.

MIA Terminal Reassignments

romantic_guy08
Looks like the planned  terminal reassignment in NAIA will be expedited to the middle of this year in light of the several issues of off-loading of passengers due to long queues at Immigration esp. in T3.

 By mid-year, MIAA is preparing to roll out more improvements in immigration processing, including a physical re-laying out of Terminal 3 to make room for more immigration counters, and the reassignment of terminals, which aims to turn Terminal 2 into all-domestic.

https://www.miaa.gov.ph/index.php/announcements/press-release/4056-miaa-works-with-bi-to-reduce-congestion-at-naia-immigration-counters?fbclid=IwAR3wOvzdMWHrqdx7e1sHR2SWU-oFoQ9J7RrL6uV8dzKkLuiCmS7xfTw6YB8

Re: MIA Terminal Reassignments

XWB_flyer

Having recently experienced connecting through NAIA T3 recently from domestic to international. I wonder how will both the Airlines, MIAA, and OTS managed connection passengers? And which will managed it on the airlines or the airport? I really think both stakeholders needs to work with each other to make it less hassle for the pax while trying to squeeze some revenue from them too.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Qatar Executive Gulfstream G650ER landed here in Manila from Seattle

Coincidence or something is brewing?

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Wonder if QR is up to something after the PR-EK tie-up. However, I see QR heading towards a different approach. They'd rather launch more routes and destinations while taking a swipe on the other airlines. As far as I know, they are even on a row with fellow One World member QF over additional QR flights to Australia. QR also took a swipe on QF. While EK decided not to join an alliance but instead engaged into numerous interline agreements with other airlines, taking a mutual position that allows them to offer more connectivity.

QR is launching DOH-CEB-DVO beginning April.

Re: PAL

JNC03
To be clear Qatar Executive is a charter service division of Qatar Airways, any individual can avail the charter service

Re: PAL

Evodesire
Wondering how and if PAL can return to 2019 capacity by mid this year given the fact that they lack planes. Unless they lease planes soon.

Re: PAL

Other than those for long haul, there are still plenty of "covered" narrow bodies sitting idly at the maintenance ramp and LTP. When China opens up soon it would more than cover lost capacity in London and Auckland. 'They only need 500 thousand passengers more to match 2019 output, and from forward bookings it should break sometime in June.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer

I wonder if PAL will expand from its other hubs such as Cebu which they mostly have restored most (but not all yet such as CEB-GES at this time), domestic routes and are slowly reintroducing international flights thier soon in the future could we see a subfleet be base thier like A321neo to complement the A321/A320ceo and if PAL or GAP we're to acquire A320neo would it be rationale to base them their and CRK?

Re: PAL

suedehd

Also, would PAL consider the following routings to add to their network without much infringement/impact on current fleet

-instead of nonstop Manila-Toronto operate Manila-Seattle-Toronto  on 777-300ER

-instead of daily 2nd frequency of MNL-LAX, operate 3x of these to be MNL-LAX-CEB-MNL or MNL-CEB-LAX-MNL eg the mid morning flight PR112

-operate an AKL tag on the MNL-MEL routing (MNL-MEL-AKL-MNL) 2x on the current 330 service

-instead of the daily MNL-YVR terminator flight extend 2x of these to service Chicago Ohare

-operate London via an extension of a potential Tel Aviv start  (350 or 330)

Re: PAL

Evodesire
That is if China's aviation recovery will be fast, but I think airlines are anticipating it already by already plotting their slots and schedules. Here's what confuses me. In 2019, PAL had all China, London, and Auckland. So how can China alone be able to cover the lost capacity from London and Auckland? Are they expecting China to go past prepandemic levels? Or will China + Perth be enough?

Re: PAL

Evodesire
I hope PAL brings back CEB-LAX.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
At first I thought PAL was aiming to restore thier network to pre-2019 levels. But then I realize they're aim was for passenger numbers to 2019 levels which isn't the same with thier network has yet to reach 2019 levels. PAL seem to be anticipating for pax from China to boost thier recovery which dates back to the filing of C11 at New York City.

Re: PAL

Network might not be, but capacity is.

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Arianespace wrote
Network might not be, but capacity is.
Will wait and see if thier projections are right to be fair though PAL is not the only airline who is bullish about China recovery, although I've been hearing outbound traffic is strong and thier are sign of a new imagination wave out of China I wonder if the Philippines on thier list of new places

Re: PAL

XWB_flyer
Evodesire wrote
I hope PAL brings back CEB-LAX.
One of the reasons why I prefer the B787-9 over the A330-900neo (even though I prefer the A330-900neo), is it can open new routes such as CEB-LAX or even SFO and YVR with 275-280 seats in a three class layout while a two-class version could be used for regional routes with 311 seats and the bigger B787-10 for the middle east and east asia.

Re: PAL

JNC03

Re: Other airlines

XWB_flyer

EVA Air who already operates 10 B787 Dreamliner (4 B787-9 and 6 B787-10) just places for an additional 5 B787-9  which along with 4 B787-9 previously ordered bring thier total to 13! With 7 B787-10 on the order books.

https://airinsight.com/eva-air-orders-five-more-boeing-787-9s/

Re: PAL

Stanley thought of the A359 expensive and A339 inadequate. The pick is getting clearer now.
Making Sense
1 ... 42434445464748 ... 99