Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 35363738394041 ... 99

Re: PAL services

XWB_flyer
JNC03 wrote
For their offers to PAF

Since PAF needs cheap but good new assets, they will consider offers of France if its priced right for them. They are also planning to acquire ATR for maritime patrol
 From PH Defense Resource the contract was awarded to Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) which will be using the ATR-72-600 as the platform not my first choice personally prefer the C-295MPA/ASW. But could be too expensive so the ATR-72-600 is a good alternative hopefully the contract will be awarded soon!

https://www.phdefresource.com/2020/11/long-range-patrol-aircraft-acquisition.html?m=1

Beside the PAF I could also see both the PN and PCG either acquiring the ATR-42 or ATR-72 for there own requirements. I wonder if it will make PAL decided to switch platform from the Dash 8-Q400 to the ATR 72-600?

Re: PAL services

JNC03
RP-C8786 arrived in all white livery with just the Philippine flag at the back and its registration, it is parked at Terminal 1 now.

Maybe scheduled to fly in its first commercial service tomorrow

Re: PAL services

seven13
Thank goodness! Aussie flights has been quite a mess during the past few months with SYD or MEL rescheduled to depart MNL around 2-3AM or are they planning to do services to a 777 and swap a triclass to PR112 operating via ICN again.

Re: PAL services

XWB_flyer
It will probably go through some maintenance and flight testing first before re-joining the active fleet.

Re: PAL services

JNC03
PAL revealed their 82nd anniversary logo today

Re: PAL services

Terminal 2 will transition to ALL DOMESTIC this year. T3 will become all international. As originally intended. PAL international services departing T2 will be distributed between T1 and T3.

First act of JJB against PAL.

Re: PAL services

frequentflier
Do we have bus gates T2? I’ve flown PR using their Q400, but it’s always in T3. Also, PAL would have to build their own lounge in T1 and T3.

Re: PAL services

Evodesire
I think that was what T2 was really intended for. All domestic flights. So how about 5J and AirAsia domestic? Except for those already in T4.

Re: PAL services

Bus gates are downstairs. Currently, there are two bus gates, 1 international, 1 domestic. When it becomes all domestic transfer desks is converted to 2more bus gates. There are currently 10 remote stands and 12 contacts at T2.

Re: PAL services

The way i understood the plan is for T4 to be all turboprops and Air Asia, Royal, and other airlines. So most likely Q400 will have gates at T4

Re: PAL services

frequentflier
That’s going to be one hell of a logistic nightmare. Imagine if you need to connect from T4 to T1. I hope there’s airside shuttles for connecting passengers from any domestic terminals to international.

Re: PAL services

XWB_flyer
Looking at the distribution for PAL T1 will likely be dedicated for long-haul flights Middle East, North American and Australia, while T3 will be for Regional flights within Asia and T2 for domestic along with T4 for regional e. g. Dash 8-Q400

Won't be surprised that every airline won't be happy with this moved
 But I do hope it improves efficiency in NAIA!

Re: PAL services

It is heading in the direction you provided. Although, sometimes regional are flown by widebody too. Surely, one airline wouldn't be happy with such move.

Re: PAL services

The airside bus is still there. Rode one myself. This is actually what PAL used for the remote stands.

Re: PAL services

frequentflier
5J will not be happy with this move. From having a big terminal for all their operations, they would now have to transfer passengers between terminals. They may need to retime their flights to account for possible delays. I guess you now need at least 3 hours minimum connecting time for international passengers

Re: PAL services

XWB_flyer
PAL will probably need more buses now to transfer pax between individual terminals which is a hussle for pax meanwhile for Cebu Pacific and Air Asia PH will need to adjust too transfer one aircraft from one gate to another terminal which may need to cross runway 13/31

PAL B777

seven13
Arianspace mentioned last december that 2 B777 will be rejoining the fleet but checking FR24 now, 9 B777s are currently flying so that leaves 7781 to rejoin the fleet. Will this push through though? PR126 and PR118 utilized a B777 last night as 1 A350 is currently limited to operate regional routes as it has a problem that LTP cannot fix.

C3501 flew as PR8306 today, I wonder if it is set for cabin reconfig that was stated last year?

There are still 2 A21Ns (9932 and 9935) which haven’t been activated yet, would anybody know if these birds were returned to lessor (but seems like it’s parked at LTP)?

Re: PAL B777

crash&burn
7781 has been leased for BBJ, so no PAL can’t get it back

Re: PAL B777

crash&burn
3501 is due for engine shop visit

Re: PAL B777