Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 36373839404142 ... 99

Re: PAL services

crash&burn
Docs still have to be processed by CAAP, etc…maybe a week or two

Re: PAL services

Evodesire
PAL recently had their townhall. Any updates? Things to look forward to? What are their plans? Hope this would not be another Vivienne Tan - GSM era where things were just all over the place, even before the pandemic. Hope there is a clearer direction now.

Hope they already presented plans how they will improve services. New planes are badly needed.

Re: PAL services

crash&burn
New widebody planes will be coming. B777 IFE refurbishment.

Re: PAL services

XWB_flyer

Any info if PAL still intended to acquire 2nd hand B77W and where thy will be source?

And about the cabin refurbishment will PAL eventually added PE cabin on them as a source of extra revenue?

Re: PAL services

crash&burn
Yes but I think 1 only. Can’t say from where but there are some options from mid east, Garuda, etc.

Re: PAL services

crash&burn
From what I heard, no cabin reconfig, just a refresh of IFE units.

Re: PAL services

JNC03
What plane? New order or used?

Re: PAL B777

JNC03
Who leased them?

Re: PAL services

chowpau
just updating the content of the IFE and repairs for any defective IFEs?

Re: PAL services

chowpau
Boeing already stopped manufacturing brand new B777-300ER

Re: PAL services

JNC03
I am also asking if it will be a mix of 77W and other aircrafts or 77W only thats why I asked if new or leased

Re: PAL services

crash&burn
Probably lease them. Doesn’t make sense to purchase as they have maybe 6 777s under finance lease. 7776 is to be returned later this year so that’s probably why they need another  1 B777.

Re: PAL services

crash&burn
I’m wondering what Boeing can offer if PAL does ask them since 777-8/9s are delayed. PAL needs new planes now so might be the A350-900 or 1000. Boeing can probably offer to look for refurbished 777-300ERs until 777xs are ready.

Re: PAL services

JNC03
Ahh so 1 77W only?
No new planned aircraft orders in the future?

Re: PAL services

crash&burn
But looking at CXs A350-1000 with 334 seating (9-abreast), not sure if PAL would go for that giving up the 370 capacity they have now with the ERs. Now 10-abreast, wow, that’s tight! Even with fuselage sculpting.

Re: PAL services

XWB_flyer

I'm guessing PAL will be more focus on selling premium seats (Business and Premium Economy) to make up for the lower of capacity between 335-350 pax depending on layout for the A350-1000 EY has 371-seats in two-class configuration so it isn't that difficult to match it with the current B77W.

Assuming the running coast of both the A350-900 and A350-1000 are the same except in capacity then in theory PAL could make more revenue by reducing on crew training Coast between both types!

I personally think PAL will need more A350XWB beyond the option for just 6 aircraft to fully replace the B77W.

Re: PAL services

JNC03
I hope the new leased 77W will have new cabin

Re: PAL services

CX 334 seater 35K was made before the Airbus update. What Airbus offered PR is actually the same seat count of 370 seats, equivalent to 4 additional rows, possibly removing lavs and rearranging galleys. Still at 9 abreast. That is the same update that is being done to PR A359 now.

There is reason why i said previously PAL is looking at CX A35K procurement. But I guess nobody bothered to figure that clue.

Re: PAL services

XWB_flyer
The A350-1000 will be an intresting aircraft QF is planning to used there for ULH between Sydney and London with a less dense configuration featuring a four class layout (First, Business, Premium Economy and Economy) with 238 seats while other  airlines will go for different configuration to meet there own needs.

As for PAL it seem having a High-capacity (Not High density like CEB or PAA) configuration is a priority while balancing comfort and cost-per available seat mile (CASM) it seem 360-370 is the bench mark for west coast at multiple frequency!

Re: PAL services

Evodesire
So based on the townhall, we should expect the addition of a leased 777 and new widebody orders perhaps A35K or A359? Are they also looking to add A339s and A20Ns? What are the plans for PALexpress? Your thoughts?
1 ... 36373839404142 ... 99