Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 37383940414243 ... 99

Re: PAL services

As was stated before, seat restriction has to do more with range issues, not about comfort. Although, that is secondary consideration. For 7000nm, that is the most number of seats or thereabouts, that can fly you across the big pond. Etihad Airways had theirs at 371 9 abreast, all bound for 7000nm North American market.

Re: PAL Wide body Expansion

Arianespace wrote
Boeing offered 77X to PAL after making B78k presentation to CEB three months ago. They are fully aware of PR's keen interest in the A35K and was selling both the 8's and the 9's.  But like what I said earlier, they would eventually settle soon for the A35K and the B779 following the CX direction.
My almost 4 year old post still rings true to this date.

Re: PAL Wide body Expansion

XWB_flyer
So PAL is considering both the A350-1000 and B777-9? I wonder how they will operate together?

I and most keyboard planners where thinking of 1:1 replacement with one type fully replacing the B777-300/ER I also envisioned they will either have fleet of 12 A350-1000 or an equal mix of A35K and B779 6 and 6.

Re: PAL B777

seven13
crash&burn wrote
9935 awaiting engine change in CEB
Is it safe to assume that once 9935 received its engine change it’ll start flying, or maybe sometime until PER starts on 27Mar.

With the reactivation of both A21N, Japan can see a consistent product, maybe except PR432 and PR408, the afternoon NRT and KIX flight. Currently both routes are operated by the ceos.

PR deferred its 13 A321acf to 2026 and beyond, I wonder if they have plans to bring some of it back forward to 2024? I was checking news articles pertaining to delivery deferrals and checked if PR did cancel some of its original orders but did not find any, only an option to cancel.

I’m wild guessing, an order will be placed sometime near PR’s 82nd anniversary or when FM goes to France sometime before June (I’m assuming it’s purely Airbus but Boeing definitely wont sit still and just let PR operated an all airbus fleet).

Re: PAL B777

JNC03
PAL's media release about the recent re activation of
RP-C8786

Re: PAL B777

XWB_flyer
From an operations point of view basing the A321neo out of CEB is more beneficial considering the distance between Cebu and Japan.

Although not sure if 15 will be enough to support both MNL and CEB and what about the tinner routes? The A320neo could supplement the A21N on lower capacity routes to both East and South East Asia. For longer haul routes to Australia and possibly India the A321LR or A321XLR could open up potential with a lower capacity 152-168 seats like JetBlue.

Re: PAL B777

seven13
XWB_flyer wrote
From an operations point of view basing the A321neo out of CEB is more beneficial considering the distance between Cebu and Japan.

Although not sure if 15 will be enough to support both MNL and CEB and what about the tinner routes? The A320neo could supplement the A21N on lower capacity routes to both East and South East Asia. For longer haul routes to Australia and possibly India the A321LR or A321XLR could open up potential with a lower capacity 152-168 seats like JetBlue.
I don’t think PR would be inclined to order the A320neo, they already transferred their A320s to 2P. Also, PR is looking to grow their cargo business to USD213M this year so it means it will need bigger aircrafts that can accommodate a good amount of cargo. PR used their CEOs to launch CEBBKK, MNLPNH so it means that it doesnt need to used the A320 size for thinner asian routes. It could always use a less dense A21N config for such routes case in point MNLFUK/NGO. Their A321acf has been flying to NRT more; HND has been a mix of A21N/A321acf/B777 as of late. During the evening, the A321acf is being used to the likes of GUM and CGK meanwhile the A21N is being dispatched to DPS or evening KUL at times on top of BNE and POM.

Re: PAL B777

XWB_flyer
seven13 wrote
 I don’t think PR would be inclined to order the A320neo, they already transferred their A320s to 2P. Also, PR is looking to grow their cargo business to USD213M this year so it means it will need bigger aircrafts that can accommodate a good amount of cargo. PR used their CEOs to launch CEBBKK, MNLPNH so it means that it doesnt need to used the A320 size for thinner asian routes. It could always use a less dense A21N config for such routes case in point MNLFUK/NGO. Their A321acf has been flying to NRT more; HND has been a mix of A21N/A321acf/B777 as of late. During the evening, the A321acf is being used to the likes of GUM and CGK meanwhile the A21N is being dispatched to DPS or evening KUL at times on top of BNE and POM.
Maybe not for PAL could be used for GAP instead who will need smaller aircraft then the A321 especially for domestic routes that can't accomadate the A321 or doesn't have the capacity to support it on other hubs like CRK, CEB and potentially future point-to-point routes. Beside the A320neo another option for A320 replacement could be 2nd hand A320ceo which are built in 2010s and aren't heavily utilized in terms of hours (similar strategy with Delta), or wait for the A220-500 to become available in the future!

Re: PAL B777

JNC03
I remember Stanley Ng said last year

“decision for that undertaking is scheduled next year in addition to adding more long haul planes in the short term to fill the gap in order to provide better customer experience, as the airline is currently short of those planes”

Adding more long haul planes in the short term means leasing widebody aircraft for a short term which is we can see now (leasing Boeing 777-300ER)

The decision for undertaking (re fleeting program) is scheduled this year

Re: PAL B777

JNC03
Asked to provide details on the reacquisition, PAL spokesperson Cielo Villaluna told the Inquirer: “The pandemic decimated air travel and just like other carriers across the globe, it was necessary to return several planes as part of restructuring initiatives.”

Re: PAL B777

XWB_flyer

I think none of them expect demand to recover quickly. Which also surprised my expectations, and now they need to compensate for the resurgence in travel like spending to acquire additional aircraft to replace lost frames and possibly forwarding aircraft orders like the A321neo which seem to be not a priority at this time.

Re: PAL B777

Evodesire
I think both AirAsia and Cebu Pacific were prepared for the quick return. Unlike PAL which forecasted that 2014 capacity will remain until 2024. While I do also see PAL's point that the old planes are company owned already, everything is now catching up. Unlike Cebu Pacific which managed to slowly get rid of the old aircraft while continuing to take delivery of new NEO planes. AirAsia Philippines now has 16 aircraft on board.

Re: PAL B777

XWB_flyer
Evodesire wrote
I think both AirAsia and Cebu Pacific were prepared for the quick return. Unlike PAL which forecasted that 2014 capacity will remain until 2024.
While only your personnel opinion I think it's spot assessment! I was expecting PAL to mostly restore domestic routes within 2 years or at minimum 1 year. However, if their assumption is for slower growth then could help explain why they were not ready for the quick resurgence of demand. I wonder if GAP can take delivery of 2nd hand A320-200 to supplement their existing fleet to help build up capacity in the domestic and regional market along with the Dash 8-Q400?

Re: AirAsia Philippines A321neo

JNC03
AirAsia Aviation has confirmed plans to lease 15 Airbus A321neos

AirAsia Aviation president Bo Lingam says deliveries are likely to commence by end-2023 earliest, and will be earmarked for the group’s units in the region, which comprises Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, as well as Thailand.

http://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/airasia-teases-two-new-southeast-asia-units-eyes-lease-of-15-new-a321neos/151974.article

Re: PAL B777

PAL still has excess capacity of its narrow body fleet. Its the widebody where they are short.

Re: PAL B777

XWB_flyer
Arianespace wrote
PAL still has excess capacity for its narrow-body fleet. It is the widebody where they are short.
They probably have too many A321ceo I wonder why they haven't been able to return some of them also makes me wonder about the viability of CEB-DVO utilizing an A321. I believe it will become viable in the future it's the A320 that needs PAL for select airports and from secondary hubs?

Re: PAL B777

JNC03
Yes as we saw recently even the routes designed to be operated by A350s are now operated by 77W

Last year A330s are also utilized in US-bound flights due to maintenance of long-haul aircraft and a shortage of those planes in the fleet.

Re: AirAsia Philippines A321neo

Evodesire
Philippines and Indonesia will be prioritized due to the distance from key destinations which are China, Japan, and SoKor.

Re: PAL B777

Evodesire
I noticed A321s (probably PALex) with taped windows at hangar one.

Re: PAL B777

XWB_flyer
Evodesire wrote
I noticed A321s (probably PALex) with taped windows at hangar one.
Notice an A320 and A321 still stored at RPLL

Yeah notice them being used as background shots here.
https://fb.watch/iCKMVNfuEo/?mibextid=6aamW6

I wonder if PR is prioritizing restoring its international network this year over its domestic network which makes me wonder if the current network is the New normal after the pandemic or is being held back due to lack of aircraft.

Personally think PR mainline just needs around 20-24 narrow-body aircraft such as the A321, while 2P needs a mix of both A320 and A321 types though unsure how many they need probably around 20 total aircraft?
1 ... 37383940414243 ... 99