Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 1993 messages Options
1234 ... 100

Airlines in the Philippines

Rights of Airline Passengers in the Philippines.

Don't forget to read the terms and conditions of your passage.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

romantic_guy08
Thank you for setting this up Ariane...

and good to see / read you post again...

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

romantic_guy08
The B77W are now scheduled to fly to the U.S.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Evodesire
Thank you for setting this up Arriane!

Anyway, question regarding the EX3s. It seems like 8760 which is an IGW A330 does not have IFEs. Are there chances that the 5 remaining HGW 244T A330s have the EX3s? Or maybe this would be used for the ultra long haul aircraft?

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

Solblanc
Great to see you again!

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

romantic_guy08
Btw, it seems that the 77W will only initially I believe be deployed to LAX...

I'm still seeing 744s for SFO until December in PRs booking page...

EX3 on A333X

__________________
Evodesire wrote
Thank you for setting this up Arriane!

Anyway, question regarding the EX3s. It seems like 8760 which is an IGW A330 does not have IFEs. Are there chances that the 5 remaining HGW 244T A330s have the EX3s? Or maybe this would be used for the ultra long haul aircraft?
That is possible.

I never said they will be installed on the new A330. What I said was they might because of the existing contract.

This was what I said on August 30, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by evodesire
Please PM me the answer why. Thanks!
The answer was posted here before. I did manage to find it and it seems trainsignal knew about this long before I did few pages back. So I guess its not so secret anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainsignal
i think PAL is looking at the same direction with Qantas with its IFE&C (Inflight ENtertainment and Connectivity) offering. Airline-provided tablets as IFE vs embedded monitors.

According to them, the wired IFE is passe, heavy and expensive. They will be deploying instead the Wireless IFE systems which is more efficient. Its the future of air travel they say. PR is equipping seats with power ports precisely for wireless inflight entertainment services. A forumer did describe the port holes in the A321.

They are indeed following Qantas direction. Seeing QA photos pretty much mirrors the A321 now and the forthcoming A330's. The wireless IFE can be added, changed and withdrawn from the aircraft anytime. Makes sense.

So that is the reason why they have power ports and boring cabins.

By the way, the proper term for that IFE thing is seat back In Flight Entertainment system. They call it semi embedded portables.

Perhaps this also answers the questions on ipad charging. A customized galley carts, possibly from PC Locs too.

Re: EX3 on A333X

Solblanc

What I'd like to ask about is the PAL-Etihad Partnership. Is this really going to lead to PAL's first frequent flyer agreement? Will it pave the way for PAL's entry to the Etihad alliance? Or is it just a renewal of the existing codeshare?

PAL-Etihad Partnership

If you remember the London flight last year before they got Heathrow? That is the Agreement we are talking about just now. I also broke that news on the erstwhile thread almost a year before they announced it in public.

Re: PAL-Etihad Partnership

romantic_guy08
this one?

Re: PAL-Etihad Partnership

Yap. And it was via Abu Dhabi.

Re: PAL-Etihad Partnership

romantic_guy08
Btw, any idea until when PR will hold on to the B744s?

I still see them operating to SFO until December... it seems only LAX will get the B77Ws..

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

seven13
Hi arianespace!
I/We've been looking for you!
Good thing romantic_guy was able to find you.
Thanks for setting this one up!!

Anyway, I was quite disappointed when I saw the picture of C8760's Y-class because its in 3-3-3 config. I haven't tried any of the new A330s so I can't really say if the newer ones feels more cramped than the old ones. One thing I can say is I hate the OSBin!

Re: PAL-Etihad Partnership

seven13
well, the 747 will be retired one at a time. 75 will go first followed by the remaining 3. So I guess SFO will see the introduction of 777 at a later date. They can always edit the a/c on the web anytime. :)

Re: PAL 747

Honestly, I don't know. They are not disclosing them. And to be quite frank they need those extra capacity in December. Their leases will terminate this year.  I heard there are pre-termination at the second half so I guess there are retirements to some of them, probably 7471 and 7472. They are both circa 1993 while the last two are 1995-96 I think. I could be wrong though.

Re: PAL-Etihad Partnership

seven13
Arianespace wrote
Yap. And it was via Abu Dhabi.
Now it has been announced. Will PR cut its nonstop LHR via AUH? I think it will have a negative impact on PR. Although its Y cabin loads "bipolar-ly" fluctuates, I think its front cabin is consistently on the 80% capacity? Or perhaps, EU flights will be via one stop AUH with EY taking over AUH-EU?

Re: PAL 747

seven13 wrote
well, the 747 will be retired one at a time. 75 will go first followed by the remaining 3. So I guess SFO will see the introduction of 777 at a later date. They can always edit the a/c on the web anytime. :)
Could be. They were let earlier in 2008 and the lease expired in 2013. I think the current lease for this plane is one year.

Probably not LHR. The rest of Europe most definitely will be via AUH. Well within the range of the A330 ex MNL.

Makes sense.
I told my mom not to use her mabuhay miles yet until the partnership on FF has been published :D

Re: PAL-Etihad Partnership

I just remember a conversation I had with somebody from PAL flight ops dept last year. He told me that in case the Siberian Airspace fails they still have options on the table to work with. I basically forgot about Etihad. When it does failed, they dropped the A330 intended for EU, about five of them, to which they already did last month. And now this Etihad announcement.

The next puzzle is the A340 and the A350. Now if you can figure how are they connected?
Making Sense
1234 ... 100