Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 1993 messages Options
12345678 ... 100

Re: some PR news

PR105 is a 747 arriving 0400 Monday. Time to say Goodbye!

Re: some PR news

Evodesire
Any more clues about that something big for PAL tomorrow?

Re: some PR news

Evodesire
Any announcement made yet?

Re: some PR news

romantic_guy08
The event will start at 6:00 P.M. meron pics by PPSG na naka ready na yung planes for the ceremony...

Magkaharap (nose-to-nose) si RP-C7772 and RP-C7475...

Re: some PR news

romantic_guy08

Re: some PR news

romantic_guy08
courtesy of Dax Lucas...

Re: some PR news

crusher.wake
no announcement of new planes yet?

Re: some PR news

romantic_guy08
PAL eyes 'new generation' planes
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 05/13/2014 9:45 AM | Updated as of 05/13/2014 9:47 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Philippine Airlines (PAL) on Monday said its next batch of aircraft orders would probably include "new generation" aircraft such as the Boeing 777X and Airbus A351.

"We are in the process of evaluating the next batch of orders. At the end of the day, our aspiration is for PAL to operate at least 100 aircraft so there will be economies of scale," PAL president and chief operating officer Ramon S. Ang said.

The Boeing 777X has a flying range of around 17 hours, while the Airbus A351 has a range of about 14 hours.

"Today if you are going to buy, you don't want to buy the old generation aircraft. You want to buy the new generation aircraft," Ang said.

He said PAL has already placed an order for over 70 planes, mostly from Airbus. Of this order, 35 units including 15 A330, 14 A321, and six A340 have been delivered.

PAL also formally announced it was retiring its fleet of five Boeing 747, which were ordered in 1979. The first Boeing 747 was retired six months ago, while the rest will be retired in the next few months.

Ang said PAL is also retiring and selling 20 old aircraft including the four Boeing 747, four A340, and eight A330.

"This year we will be taking out 20 aircraft because the brand-new aircraft have arrived. In concept, these aircraft have been sold already but I cannot give details because the deal has not yet been closed," he said.

More flights to US

PAL is now using the fuel-efficient Boeing 777 for its flights to Los Angeles, and will use the aircraft for flights to San Francisco starting June. For its flights to Honolulu and Guam, PAL will continue to use the new wide-body Airbus A330-300s and single-aisle A320-200s.

The national flag carrier is preparing for additional flights to the US including New York, Florida, Chicago and other major cities. Last April, the US Federal Aviation Administration (US-FAA) upgraded the country’s aviation safety rating back to Category 1.

"I think we should be able to go to New York via Vancouver towards October," Ang said.

PAL is also considering Tokyo and Seoul as the possible stop-over for its flights to New York, Chicago, and Florida.

Ang said PAL is also finalizing a code-sharing pact with Japan's All Nippon Airways (ANA).

Meanwhile, PAL is still keen on flights to Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt, but is still waiting for a viability study.

"It is now easy to fly anywhere in Europe, the US or any new destination. But we have to wait for the viability study for those destinations," Ang said.

Last November, PAL started direct flights to London.

Ang is confident PAL would return to profit for its fiscal year 2014. Last year, it booked a net loss of over P11 billion.

"We reported a loss of $250 million from the write off of the old aircraft last year so we are confident that PAL will be profitable this year. Moving forward now, I believe we will be profitable," he said.

Re: some PR news

romantic_guy08
c/o PR FB Page...

With Boeing officials in the country, I believe there'll be some announcement in the coming days...

Or they could still be negotiating and it was just timed with the retirement of the 744s... hmmmm

"Thank you B747, Hello B777!”

The PAL jumbo jets (right aircraft) – the iconic Boeing 747-400s – were formally retired yesterday (May 12) in a ceremony where the flag carrier also announced the use of the new B777-300ER as replacement on the trans-Pacific routes, following the country's Category 1 upgrading by the US government. Inset photo shows PAL President Ramon S. Ang (left) and PAL Chairman Dr. Lucio C. Tan, together with (2ndrow, from left) Boeing Sales Director Dan Schull, Boeing SVP-Global Sales John Wojick and Boeing Marketing Director Mike Carson, gracing the historic event held at Villamor Air Base, Pasay City.

Re: some PR news

Evodesire
The Boeing officials who are here were those from the sales division. It just seems so unlikely that senior sales department heads of Boeing would travel all the way here just to attend the retirement rites of a 747. I just know there is more to that. Rumors are spreading that PAL is going for the 777X. Question is when will this be announced? OR has any deal been signed that they just don't want to come out too visible on this deal?

Re: some PR news

romantic_guy08
^^

I remember Dan Schull was also here when the 4th 77W was delivered (first 77W delivery in the SMC era)... or I think it was also the time they firmed up the two options for the 77W? hmmm...

Re: some PR news

swahi
Hi guys. Mas ok dito, imo.

Tanong lang.  Why is it they are retiring the 744s, are they THAT cost prohibitive already? Are those Iberia 340s better for PAL to continue using (temporarily) than the 744s, the 340s and the 330s they have "retired"?

Re: some PR news

Evodesire
Because those 747s will be replaced by the 777s already. And those 747s are really old, older than the A340s. PAL retired also some of its 90s A340s in place of the ex-IB ones.

Lets just say the 747, because of its age and the fact that it has 4 engines, is too expensive to operate at this time. Many other Asian airlines have retired 747s from its fleet, replaced by 777s or A380s. The A340s, especially the ex-IB ones, are just interim aircraft to support PAL's expansion.

Just FYI too, the 747 will continue to fly to SFO until June or July. What happened yesterday was just an official retirement ceremony. RP-C7472 though  is now at CRK for storage.

And yes, its better here. No "Fantasy Airline" game.

Re: some PR news

swahi
Ok.  I agree with the comments about how tight the passenger seats are.  Even the 777s its tighter than the old 744s, 340s, and 330s.   I was the one who pointed out the USB ports in the A321. But I do not like the A321. Based on the times I rode the A321 , mas masikip at Y, and the seats at premium is no different to Y, its just like several rows of exit rows.  It also has an unnerving whine during take off. And it is obvious it needs a longer runway. Ang tagal niya mag take off.

Re: Airlines in the Philippines

romantic_guy08
RP-C7475 to be ferried to CRK tomorrow for storage...

Re: some PR news

Evodesire
Yes, Y class on the A321s and IGWs are not for big framed people. I am fine though with the seats of the 777s, except that aisle is really narrow. Generous legroom though on all aircraft.

Re: some PR news

romantic_guy08
swahi wrote
Ok.  I agree with the comments about how tight the passenger seats are.  Even the 777s its tighter than the old 744s, 340s, and 330s.   I was the one who pointed out the USB ports in the A321. But I do not like the A321. Based on the times I rode the A321 , mas masikip at Y, and the seats at premium is no different to Y, its just like several rows of exit rows.  It also has an unnerving whine during take off. And it is obvious it needs a longer runway. Ang tagal niya mag take off.
I agree... those A321s are uncomfortable... even for an hour's flight... even the seat sucks...

PR Airport by SMC

romantic_guy08
Proposed new airport by SMC

Re: PR Airport by SMC

crusher.wake
This post was updated on .

San Miguel's proposed airport

Courtesy of @miguelcamusinq
 originally posted by romantic_guy08 in another forum site

Re: PR Airport by SMC

Now the cat is out of the bag, perhaps you can tell why it's difficult to build this airport and why this airport cannot pass dotc scrutiny?
Making Sense
12345678 ... 100