Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 1993 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 100

Re: PR Airport by SMC

Solblanc
It's an environmental disaster! What will happen to the wetlands and the migratory birds? They can reclaim the same amount of land off Sangley instead of resurrecting the botched PEA-Amari scandal.

The people in the other forum seem to forget about aedc and are heaping praises left and right.

One forumer complained about the alignment of the runways. Of course they'll intersect with NAIA. They're trying to close the other airport, duh.

Re: PR Airport by SMC

romantic_guy08

Lay-out

Re: PR Airport by SMC

crusher.wake
high resolution photos of san miguel's proposed manila airport

originally posted by Dax Lucas in his Facebook page

Re: PR Airport by SMC

There are so many issues with this proposal. But I'll stick with the aviation element.

First and foremost consideration in airport building is wind directions. As much as possible you don't build a runway with crosswind orientation. And this SMC airport runs afoul to this basic element.

The Sangley solution is still the best and I would bet all my arms and leg that SMC would eventually settle building it in Sangley, and not on their propose area. assuming they win. As a compliment, JICA already orient the mega manila airport project with the same direction as NAIA.

Re: PR Airport by SMC

dashalvin
What's the year round wind direction in that area ariane?

BTW, never thought your avatar name exists as the first commercial space transportation company

Any new developments for Dipolog airport?

PAL's New Fleet

Evodesire
Boeing officials met with PAL. What must have transpired? Was any deal closed?

Re: PR Airport by SMC

chowpau
@dashalvin If I remember, wind direction changes during Dry Season and Wet Season-- Amihan and Habagat. Dry season normally take off/land using runway 06 while wet season using runway 24

Increase services for W14

seven13
Philippine Airlines W14 Bangkok Operation Changes as of 18MAY14
by JL

Update at 0520GMT 19MAY14

Philippine Airlines from 27OCT14 plans to restore certain frequencies on Manila – Bangkok route. From this date, the airline plans to operate 17 weekly instead of current 14 weekly. Previously it reduced overall operation from 21 to 14.

PR730 MNL0935 – 1205BKK 330 D
PR736 MNL1415 – 1645BKK 321 D
PR752 MNL1900 – 2130BKK 320 135

PR753 BKK0910 – 1340MNL 320 246
PR731 BKK1330 – 1800MNL 330 D
PR737 BKK1755 – 2225BKK 321 D

PR752/753 to be operated by A321 from 01DEC14. Further changes to Winter schedule on/after 26OCT14 is highly possible.

Philippine Airlines Increases Honolulu Service from August 2014
by JL
Update at 0700GMT 18MAY14

Philippine Airlines in August 2014 is gradually increasing operations on Manila – Honolulu route. From 01AUG14, service increases from 3 to 5 weekly, and will further increases to daily from 26OCT14. A340-300 operates this route.

PR100 MNL1730 – 0955HNL 343 x13
PR101 HNL1140 – 1625+1MNL 343 x13

Service operates daily from 26OCT14.

Philippine Airlines Increases Guam Service from late-Oct 2014
by JL
Update at 0540GMT 19MAY14

Philippine Airlines from 26OCT14 is increasing operations on Manila – Guam, which overall service raises from 5 to 7 weekly. New flight operates on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

PR110 MNL0735 – 1330GUM 320 D
PR111 GUM1500 – 1645MNL 320 x24
PR111 GUM1500 – 1650MNL 320 24

HNL and GUM are to be increased to daily frequency while 3rd BKK to be reinstated during Winter schedule. I think the plan of RSA is to be fully implemented for the winter schedule!
------------------------------

PH is set to conduct air talks with Canada and Russia. Any insights if Russia will now grant us overflight rights? And Canada to give us more frequency/slots??

Re: PR Airport by SMC

Wind direction is generally northeast following aminan and habagat pattern explained earlier by Chowpau.

As to Boeing, decisions are already made. Announcements will be made after approval by the board. That's how public corporations worked.

Canada bilateral meeting will mostly tackle additional traffic rights from the present four. PAL is asking 14 frequencies. But I think the 3 will be granted as Canada manifest in the sideline talks. The present four YVR terminators is expected to proceed to JFK. It's the same rights granted to LAS. It would be a big news should they grant the 14. Let's see how the negotiation goes.

Re: PR Airport by SMC

romantic_guy08
if I'm not mistaken, current bilaterals only allow for 3 or 4 flights to proceed to an intermediate point (i.e. MNL-YVR-YYZ)

and 5th freedom rights only allows PR to sell 50% of the aircraft between Canada and the intermediate point (i.e. MNL-YVR-JFK).

Re: PR Airport by SMC

MNL-YVR-YYZ is actually one route with no 5th freedom. It's similar to silk air's
SIN-DVO-CEB Triangular

Re: PR Airport by SMC

seven13
Arianespace wrote
Wind direction is generally northeast following aminan and habagat pattern explained earlier by Chowpau.

As to Boeing, decisions are already made. Announcements will be made after approval by the board. That's how public corporations worked.

Canada bilateral meeting will mostly tackle additional traffic rights from the present four. PAL is asking 14 frequencies. But I think the 3 will be granted as Canada manifest in the sideline talks. The present four YVR terminators is expected to proceed to JFK. It's the same rights granted to LAS. It would be a big news should they grant the 14. Let's see how the negotiation goes.
I'm sorry but I'm not quite familiar with the current agreement between Canada and PH. The current one allows only 4 flights of PH carriers to Canada. PR is able to fly additional three because it borrowed the entitlements from AC, am I correct? Part of the current agreement is that the current 4 that PH carriers have, they are able to fly it to US with 5th freedom rights? While the remaining 3 flights (from AC) is still as is despite serving YYZ from YVR? So with the current 4 turnaround YVR flights, can they extend it to JFK since LAS had been dropped already?

Another question, is 5th freedom part of our ASA with JP and KR? PR had made a statement that they mat route MIA, ORD via NRT and ICN?

Re: PR Airport by SMC

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
MNL-YVR-YYZ is actually one route with no 5th freedom. It's similar to silk air's
SIN-DVO-CEB Triangular

Yep... no fifth freedom there... but I think current bilaterals with Canada only allows 3x or 4x a week flight with an intermediate stop...

so if PR intends to launch MNL-YVR-JFK, an no new bilaterals is signed, they have to cancel YYZ...

Re: PR Airport by SMC

The correct description would be rent not borrowed because the airline is paying for it.

YVR flights can technically extend to JFK subject to seat restrictions based on the fifth freedom. And they can also carry traffic MNL-JFK-MNL. Four times a week could be a good start.

We have existing fifth freedom rights from Tokyo and Seoul, a by-product of a by-gone era where planes have limited range. The bigger question is, can PAL compete with the residents? I honestly don't think so. Japanese and Koreans are known to fly their own to the US.

For a trivia, PAL did once done the Tokyo hub before in the 80's.

The best possible transit point for MIA is YYZ if they fly there. But right now I honestly don't think they are up to it. JFK and ORD would be more realistic in the next 10 years.

romantic_guy08 wrote
so if PR intends to launch MNL-YVR-JFK, an no new bilaterals is signed, they have to cancel YYZ...
Nope. They can still have JFK.

That makes it clear.
PAL is in the process of developing its product for the premium market (JP and KR) but with its current offering I'm not sure if they are going to appeal or is able to compete with OZ and KE in KR and NH and JL in JP. There are quite a number of KI's and JI's currently in training so things are going according to just how RSA wants it. The long range Boeing aircraft are still to be publicized, RSA may surprise us with the hard product!

Re: PR Airport by SMC

Evodesire
Seems like SSC is dead. But anyhow, any new news? PAL orders?

Re: PR Airport by SMC

Solblanc
The news on the blog on the Canadian Air rights is HUGE.

Canada has traditionally been very protective of its airspace. Given that Air Canada doesn't fly to Manila, 14 flights a week is a lot compared to the Mideast Carriers who don't even have daily flights.

Although, Canada may be the first to be able to engage in third-country codesharing with the Philippines. Perhaps we'll see ANA or Asiana metal carrying AC flight numbers.

The New York tag is going to be exciting. Here's hoping it materializes soon.

New ASA with Canada

It was indeed huge. But it is the first time that Canada actually agreed to what the Philippines asked taking into account what the Middle East countries were asking.

I was wrong when I previously stated that they have four rights. I clearly forgot the 2008 ASA they entered that granted them additional 3. I was thinking then that when they flew Las Vegas in 2004 they only have four. Sorry guys.

Anyway, the third-country code sharing may perhaps apply only to Vancouver-New York and PAL would be the third airline to fly the route next to Delta and the second airline to Cathay Pacific that offers a wide body jet. There are currently only two flights from YVR to JFK. They should have a chance to compete on this sector. The seats offered is merely equivalent to a single B738. And one half of that could carry through traffic to NYC from MNL.

Re: New ASA with Canada

romantic_guy08
Arianespace wrote
It was indeed huge. But it is the first time that Canada actually agreed to what the Philippines asked taking into account what the Middle East countries were asking.

I was wrong when I previously stated that they have four rights. I clearly forgot the 2008 ASA they entered that granted them additional 3. I was thinking then that when they flew Las Vegas in 2004 they only have four. Sorry guys.

Anyway, the third-country code sharing may perhaps apply only to Vancouver-New York and PAL would be the third airline to fly the route next to Delta and the second airline to Cathay Pacific that offers a wide body jet. There are currently only two flights from YVR to JFK. They should have a chance to compete on this sector. The seats offered is merely equivalent to a single B738. And one half of that could carry through traffic to NYC from MNL.
Chance PR will apply for all 7 of the additional entitlements?

Can they do multiple 5th Freedom routes or only YVR - JFK/EWR?

Re: New ASA with Canada

PAL was asking for it. Chances are it will be going to them.

Fifth Freedom rights can be done to any two points in Canada to anywhere in the United States, so technically they can split it at 3-2. But marketing wise, it would be best to have it in one destination only and I believe they have good chances of succeeding.

If PAL goes crazy, they could actually fly direct to JFK or ORD. The 77W can do that. But is it worth their pocket? I don't think so. Even CX stops at YVR onwards to JFK.
Making Sense
1 ... 3456789 ... 100