Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 1993 messages Options
1 ... 92939495969798 ... 100

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

seven13
Is PR able to obtain preferred time slots for MNL and CDG?

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Dmitrivich
Bye, RP-C3439 bound to SFO..

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

B77Wflyer
Dmitrivich wrote
Bye, RP-C3439 bound to SFO..
Flight Global  has published an article that PAL will soon retired the A340-300 for good.  However no specifc date when is the last flight?

Also a minor corrrction: according to them PAL has one remaining A340 however If i re-call there where still 2-3 that are in storage?

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pal-set-to-permanently-retire-a340s-as-a350-gains-t-452909/

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Crash& Burn has answered that question earlier than flightglobal does its print. Its more accurate than the publisher if you asked me.

Re: Clark PR expansion

Dmitrivich
CLARK - SAN JOSE, ANTIQUE SERVICE: ALL SET TO BEGIN MID-DECEMBER 2018

As part of the ongoing expansion of its Clark hub, Philippine Airlines Express is gearing up for another brand new service slated to begin on December 16 this year.

The twice weekly service will utilize the modern 86-seater Bombardier Q400 Next Generation fleet.

2P 2205 will depart from Clark Airport every Tuesday and Sunday at 6AM and arrive in San Jose, Antique at 7:20AM. Its return service - 2P 2206 - will leave Antique at 7:40AM and touch down in Clark at 9AM.

The introduction of new flights to Antique will bring to nineteen the total number of destinations served by the PAL Clark Hub.

Clark - San Vicente, Palawan and Clark - San Jose, Mindoro and Clark - Cauayan, Isabela are the newly - opened domestic routes being served by PAL Express.

Congratulations to the PAL Group for going full throttle on route network expansion making the airline the largest operator in Clark.

Re: AUH PAL flight

Dmitrivich
PR 656 AND PR 657 AUH MNL AUH terminated until January 12, 2019.

Re: Future Routes For PR

Dmitrivich
Coming soon The City of Lights....Target period winter 2019 4 times weekly .

Re North America Expansion

Dmitrivich
Philippine Airlines in summer 2019 further expands North America service, reflected in this week’s schedule update. Planned additional service increase as follows.

Manila – Los Angeles 15MAY19 – 30SEP19 Increase from 14 to 17 weekly
PR112 MNL1125 – 1000LAX 773 D
PR102 MNL2100 – 1930LAX 773 D
PR122 MNL2300 – 2125LAX 773 246

PR103 LAX0050 – 0615MNL 773 D
PR113 LAX1230 – 1805+1MNL 773 D
PR123 LAX2355 – 0520+2MNL 773 246

Manila – Toronto eff 31MAR19 Increase from 5 to 7 weekly, A350-900XWB replaces 777-300ER
PR118 MNL1500 – 1810YYZ 350 D
PR119 YYZ0150 – 0615+1MNL 350 D

Previously reported changes:
Manila – New York JFK eff 31MAR19 Increase from 5 to 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating
Manila – San Francisco eff 31MAR19 Increase from 7-10 to 14 weekly, 777-300ER operating

Re: Re North America Expansion

B77Wflyer
This post was updated on .

Dmitrivich wrote
Philippine Airlines in summer 2019 further expands North America service, reflected in this week’s schedule update. Planned additional service increase as follows.

Manila – Los Angeles 15MAY19 – 30SEP19 Increase from 14 to 17 weekly
PR112 MNL1125 – 1000LAX 773 D
PR102 MNL2100 – 1930LAX 773 D
PR122 MNL2300 – 2125LAX 773 246

PR103 LAX0050 – 0615MNL 773 D
PR113 LAX1230 – 1805+1MNL 773 D
PR123 LAX2355 – 0520+2MNL 773 246

Manila – Toronto eff 31MAR19 Increase from 5 to 7 weekly, A350-900XWB replaces 777-300ER
PR118 MNL1500 – 1810YYZ 350 D
PR119 YYZ0150 – 0615+1MNL 350 D

Previously reported changes:
Manila – New York JFK eff 31MAR19 Increase from 5 to 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating
Manila – San Francisco eff 31MAR19 Increase from 7-10 to 14 weekly, 777-300ER operating
We have previously discussed about the A350-900XWB operating MNL-YYZ a couple of month ago and looks liked that is becoming a reality as the B77W has been known to be payload restricted an and had to blocked seat as it can't operate in a full load.

In LAX looks like PAL will be aggressively adding seats there with 17 weekly flight compered to the 14 weekly flight this year and previously years. I wonder how will this effect the load factor on each flights and also where will they get the B777 to fly the additional 3 weekly flights

As for SFO I wonder why they don't space out the flights to different times of the day like in LAX one departing in the morning or later afternoon and another in the evening is it due to lot constraints at SFO?

Re: Re North America Expansion

Crash& Burn

- daylight slots in SFO very restricted, lots of Asian carriers already have multiple slots

Re: Re North America Expansion

Crash& Burn
“ In LAX looks like PAL will be aggressively adding seats there with 17 weekly flight compered to the 14 weekly flight this year and previously years. I wonder how will this effect the load factor on each flights and also where will they get the B777 to fly the additional 3 weekly flights . “

- B777s to come from the ones assigned to fly YYZ 5 x a week up to March 2019.

Once A350s fly CDG and SEA in October, B777s will take over daily YYZ while LAX will return to 14 x week

Re: Re North America Expansion

Crash& Burn
“ We have previously discussed about the A350-900XWB operating MNL-YYZ a couple of month ago and looks liked that is becoming a reality as the B77W has been known to be payload restricted an and had to blocked seat as it can't operate in a full load. “

- apparently, neither can the A350 if JFK flight loads are to be believed. Pax load out of YYZ frequently go above 300 pax..some say CX switched back to B777 from A350 out of JFK (somebody ought to verify that)...

Upcoming A321 deliveries

seven13
Just saw on the December 2018 issue of PAL’s Mabuhay Magazine. Did PR opted for the A21n ACF or it’s already standard for Airbus to deliver upcoming A21N equipped with ACF?

Re: Upcoming A321 deliveries

Anony
All remaining orders for 321 will be the ACF. So only 6 non-ACF 321 NEOs. Configuration will also be denser to eventually replace the 321 ceos.

Re: Upcoming A321 deliveries

B77Wflyer
This post was updated on .
From the magazine article it looks like PAL will just recived 6 new aircraft in 2019.

- 2 Airbus A321neo (ACF).

- 2 Airbus A350-900XWB.

- 2 Bombardier Q400NG.

Curious what will PAL A321neo ACF look like I already saw pics online of CEB A321neo and it feature an ACF configuration. However I'm curtains that PAL version will be lot less denser then CEB which seats 236-seats.

2019 will mark the completion of the delivery  PAL first batch of 6 A350XWB once the remaining 2 on order are delivered next year. With option for a further 6 A350XWB we could see PAL converted them to firm orders for either the A350-900 or A350-1000.

Other highlights in the magazine included:

- New Inflight Training Center.

- New Mabuhay Lounge at T1.

- Duel screen compatibility with myPAL eSuite IFE.

- Enhanced myPAL Wifi.

I've hope that PAL will expand the roll-out of GX Aviation to other aircraft types within the fleet as far from what I read from the presss release only the B77W are mention as to be those Retrofit while the A321neo and A350 are linefit, I'm hoping PAL will also rollout GX Aviation to also the A321ceo and A330-300.

Re: Upcoming A321 deliveries

B77Wflyer
This post was updated on .
Picture of Cebu Pacific First Airbus A321neo in ACF configuration. Carrying the test registered as
D-AVYC. Will be registered RP-C4118 once delivered next year.

CEB AIRBUS A321NEO_DAVYC_ RP_C4118

New Delhi PaL expansion

Dmitrivich
WELCOME BACK TO THE PAL NETWORK, INDIA!
FLIGHTS BEGIN MARCH 31, 2019

Philippine Airlines is all set to operate four times weekly nonstop flights between Manila and New Delhi beginning March 31, 2019 utilizing the brand new 168-seater dual-class Airbus A321 NEO,

PR726 will depart from Manila at 7:15AM every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and arrive in New Delhi at 12:35PM. PR 727 will leave New Delhi at 1:35 on the same days and touch down in Manila at 10:35PM.

Re: New Delhi PAL expansion

B77Wflyer
Thats great news! quite excited that soon there will be direct flights between India and the Philippines without the need to stop at either BKK, KUL and SIN. Aside from DEL I heard BOM and maybe BLR are being planned as future routes.

PAL A321Neo route network

PAL A321N Route Network

Well, they announced that in January. I was actually waiting for the Tel Aviv connection with Indian stop. BOM? Two more A321N to go and three more routes to fly.

Re: New Delhi PAL expansion

B77Wflyer
B77Wflyer wrote
Thats great news! quite excited that soon there will be direct flights between India and the Philippines without the need to stop at either BKK, KUL and SIN. Aside from DEL I heard BOM and maybe BLR are being planned as future routes.
Outside of india. PER and MLE are the other potential routes that was planned to be operated by the A321neo.
1 ... 92939495969798 ... 100