Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 1993 messages Options
1 ... 91929394959697 ... 100

Re: Codeshare

More to do with the airline. And it applies only to flown route. Just don't like them enough, ie Air Canada. NZ has been negotiating with PR and I think they still are talking.

Re: Codeshare

seven13
Because PR has been contemplating launching a new EU route. Base from the news either a FRA or MXP/FCO route in the future. They could tap AZ and LH, even though both are currently member of Skyteam and Star Alliance, respectively.

Re: Codeshare

LH and PR has good relationship. But until the route is actually flown you can't enter coded shares.

A350-900

Dmitrivich
PAL 3rd Airbus350-900 en route to Manila ..

PR First Class

frequentflier
Anybody has a picture of the old F class of PR? Can’t seem to find any online.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out?

B77Wflyer
Solblanc wrote
There's a lot of seasonal reductions for September and October. I doubt that they can do without the A340s once the peak Christmas season kicks in.
 According to CAPA article PAL accelerating the retirement of the A340-300 with all four frame currently  in storage at Clark.  the last scheduled flight was said to be last month between YVR-MNL?

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/reports/a340-fleet-last-asian-operator-philippine-airlines-bows-out-442095

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Storage, yes. Retirement, not. The A340 will still be in their books until 2021. If you noticed, some reliever flights are still A340. They are in Clark for parking because NAIA has none.

upcoming A21N

seven13
Theere are already 4 A21N in the fleet while 2 more on 168 config are to be delivered before the year ends, will the remaining A21N be configured with PR’s current A321? The articles states that BCL will have recliner seats once again and a higher seat count versus the first 6 A21N?

Re: upcoming A21N

B77Wflyer
This post was updated on .
seven13 wrote
The next trench of A21N will be used mostly used on regional flight within South East and East Asia with an average flight time of between 3 to 4 hours so I guess PAL decided it was not worth the cost to install lie-flat seats on there remaining 15 A21N on order. As for seat model it could either be Rockwell Collins MIQ seat which is the same seat used by MI on there B7M8 and CX as there PE seat on the A350 fleet, the other option is the Stelia Celeste which is a shell reclining seat and used by a number of airlines on there A320 or A321 fleet. But will have to whait and see what the interior of the 7th and 8th A21N delivered next year. As for the higher seat count they weill feature a revised door configuration or ACF (Airbus Cabin Flex) with 2 to 3 doors in each side rather then the current 4 door, with 2 over wing exit on each side or a plug doors behind the wing.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

B77Wflyer
Arianespace wrote
Storage, yes. Retirement, not. The A340 will still be in their books until 2021. If you noticed, some reliever flights are still A340. They are in Clark for parking because NAIA has none.
There is a lot of confusion with regards to the status of the
A340-300 since that CAPA article has been published. I can see the reamining A340s being used as a back-up aircraft incase of irregular operations or on peak seasons.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Dmitrivich
Actually hindi namn na  phased out yung 340-300 mamaya gagamitin sa PR112 MNL-LAX RP-C3437.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

That should dispel the rumor.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Crash& Burn
A340’s subbing in for 2 brand new A350s that are out due to technical problems...

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

oninBadz
Which flights are they subbing in today? Vancouver and SFO?

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

frequentflier
What can you guys say about this incident? I saw this article on the PPSG FB page.

https://www.avherald.com/h?article=4bed68b3&opt=0

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Unbreakable
Fake news.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

B77Wflyer
frequentflier wrote
What can you guys say about this incident? I saw this article on the PPSG FB page.

https://www.avherald.com/h?article=4bed68b3&opt=0
The Airbus A340-300 that was involved was RP-C3435 which flew back to CRK last Oct 11

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Crash& Burn
Pax heard something. Debris on the runway. No ECAM messages. No warning. Plane full of fuel. We weren’t there but most pilots would proceed with the flight.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Crash& Burn
Anyways, 3439 to fly out on Oct.24.
3435 to be grounded Nov 15.
3441 to be grounded Nov 26
3437 to be grounded Dec for phase out Jan 2019
JJB doesn’t want ‘em flying anymore.

Re: PAL Accelerate A340 Phased out

Crash& Burn
In other news, A350 planned to fly :
4 x week to Seattle by Oct.  3 x week to CDG in Oct as well.
YYZ 7 x week by April up to Sept. then B777 takes over again.
JFK daily by April.
1 ... 91929394959697 ... 100