Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1234567 ... 99

Re: PAL Revamp

Evodesire
This post was updated on .
https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/08/28/1946998/tan-jr-assumes-more-powerful-role-pal

Looks like things we had been reading here are now unfolding... EVP position abolished. Vivienne Tan now reports to Bong Tan. And Bong Tan now has more control.

Re: PAL Revamp

Arianespace wrote
El Kapitan wants continuity of JJB plan and he has the support of ANA. Good news for Bong. Bad news for EVP.

Now, what was the plan again?
There you go. What more can I say.

The younger Tan is now seen to make key decisions at PAL, with other PAL officials including his sister Vivienne expected to report to him.

Re: PAL Revamp

Evodesire
And as mentioned before, Bong Tan is JJB's protege.

Re: PAL Revamp

Evodesire
This now makes me wonder what the actual role of GSM in PAL is...

PAL A21N

Evodesire
Will any of the bare PAL A321-200CEO be returned to their lessors once the A321NX are all delivered?

Re: PAL A21N

Solblanc
Wasn't the plan to transfer the older A321s to PALEX?

Re: PAL A21N

Evodesire
I have a feeling some will be returned and more will go to PALEx. Isnt 24 A321CEOs too much for 2P? Unless they fly international too.

Re: PAL A21N

The first A321 batch is due for return to lessor about half of them. The newer half  will be transferred to 2P.

The original plan was to give it to 2P but changed midway in 2016 after 29 of their domestic flights were cancelled by NAIA apparently for operating without approved slots.

In 2014, the government was supposed to build either Terminal 5 or Terminal 2 annex that would provide them the slots. Remember that?

None of that plan happened. In 2016, decision was made to have it funded by PPP. None of that happen either. In fact, it is still not happening now. By the time the new Terminal comes in 2023, the earlier A321s would be too old.

Re: PAL A21N

Evodesire
So all in all, around 10-12 A321s will be transfered to 2P including the present 6 that are there now. All the rest will be returned.

Rumor is now circulating that 2P people wants to rebrand independent of PAL to effectively compete against 5J and Z2. I think they want to revive the PAL-APX model. Lets see.

For now, DOTr better get their acts fast with regards to the airport.

Re: PAL A21N

Not gonna happen. The problem with NAIA is the slots and 2P doesn't have them anymore. How would you grow if you cannot even fly or land? PAL would rather take the available slots for a more profitable international flights than doing domestic run.

Delta ICN-MNL-ICN confirmed

fd20
Looks like Delta's ICN-MNL-ICN flights have been loaded onto their system and are now bookable on the Delta website. The flight will follow a schedule that's almost similar to Delta's current flights, arriving in Manila at night and departing the next morning. The flight will be operated by an A330-900neo.

Re: PAL A21N

XWB_flyer
I wonder what  is 2P plan with there A320s since they will likely take some more from PAL which will replace there own A320 with the A21N. I'm wondering what is the plan for GAP  own A320? Will they eventually order the A320neo or wait until Airbus comitt to launching the A250-500 to replace there A320ceo?

Re: Delta ICN-MNL-ICN confirmed

It got approved two weeks ago. Apparently its Korean and not American seats, meaning taken from their MNL entitlements. So must be from Korean Air with Delta as operating carrier. If its ok with Korea then its ok with us. I guess that's how alliances works.

Re: PAL A21N

Old ones circa 2008 are scheduled for return to lessors (ie83xx,86xx). Newer ones will go to GAP. New orders will most likely be announced in 2022 with NEOs.

Re: PAL A21N

Evodesire
Question is, when will GAP be able to sort out the problem with the slots they lost? Until a new airport is built?

Re: PAL A21N

Until a NEW GATE opens. That comes only in an expanded Terminal or a new Terminal. PAL was able to add two more gates at Terminal 2. If you have been there its on the ground floor and both remote, meaning you need to ride a bus. That's why some of GAP flights are moving back to T2.

Delta Airlines

Speaking of slots and gates, did you know that Delta still has three slots in Manila? They are still paying for it so the possibility of SEA flight is not impossible. JAL also has idle slots it made use recently. So are SIA and CPA. DAL can actually make a midnight departure at MNL to ICN or North America. Instead it make use as parking for now. The problem with NAIA is gate assignment as the gate operates on use it or lose it basis. They only have one gate. That actually explains why they have the same time of departure to ICN. As to why they are keeping it for a long time, perhaps a strategic decision on their part. Some airlines do that for one reason or another. Gate is easier to acquire than slots.

SEAsia service

seven13
It's quite interesting that PR is able to maintain KUL and CGK capacity increase extended into winter schedule meanwhile BKK cuts back to 3x daily service, chopping off PR740 thrice weekly service.

PAL Revamp

Evodesire
So how is Sta Maria going so far? Heard from the grapevine that he is not as well liked by the people as compared to the former President. Makes me wonder how he is adjusting to the airline industry. I was always under the impression that an airline President should be one who knows the industry by heart.

Re: GAP A320

XWB_flyer
Arianespace wrote
Old ones circa 2008 are scheduled for return to lessors (ie83xx,86xx). Newer ones will go to GAP. New orders will most likely be announced in 2022 with NEOs.
Just saw a post at PPSG Facebook page and apparently RP-C8396 has been painted in Air Asia livery not sure if its end of leased or GAP dry-leased it to APG. But nonetheless looks like 2P is starting to remove there Mono-class A320 from there fleet which will likely be replaced by A320 coming from Mainline PAL fleet.
1234567 ... 99