Airlines In The Philippines II

Locked 1980 messages Options
1 ... 949596979899

Re: Boeing

Evodesire
So many issues and shakeups with Boeing lately. If PAL is to order 787s today, wonder when they will get delivered.

Re: Cebu Pacific

JNC03
Cebu Pacific has confirmed it is in the “closing stages” of negotiations for the order of up to 150 narrowbody aircraft, with a likely announcement “a month of two away”.

Airline chief Mike Szucs says the Philippine operator has been making “good progress” in its ongoing campaign for new narrowbodies.

Speaking at the airline’s annual results briefing, Szucs states: “[There’s] a clear understanding of what we expect. We think the the aircraft types either from Boeing or indeed from Airbus are fit for purpose…and we now absolutely want to make sure that we get the best economic outcome for us, for our stakeholders and ultimately for the customers.”

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/cebu-pacific-returns-to-profit-as-it-closes-in-on-record-narrowbody-order/157524.article

Re: AirAsia

JNC03

Re: PAL

JNC03
RP-C7783 will arrive on March 31 7PM in Manila from VCV

Re: PAL

frequentflier
Did they change the layout of the seats or did they just change the upholstery?

Re: Starlux

JNC03
Starlux stopped its Manila service after its last flight recently

Re: Starlux

seven13
This post was updated on .
I think they are focusing on CRK now. I thought they were originally stopping MNL last winter schedule.

Re: PAL

seven13
frequentflier wrote
Did they change the layout of the seats or did they just change the upholstery?
PR retained the GA config I heard. Maybe it went to VCV for an upholstery update.

Re: PAL

JNC03
Excited to see cabin pictures of what it's like to have another cabin product in PAL's branding

Re: PAL

JNC03
PAL Holdings Inc., which operates flag carrier Philippine Airlines, saw a 92% growth in its 2023 bottom line, as the company saw a double-digit increase in flights mounted during the period.

In a regulatory filing, PAL said its net income rose to $379 million from $197 million in the previous year, which it attributed to the growth in operations and passenger traffic both internationally and domestically.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/companies/902214/pal-net-income-up-92-in-2023/story/?amp

Re: PAL

xzibit31
PR to fly to Seattle.

October 2 onwards.

3x per week

Nonstop.

Re: PAL

seven13
Ex-GA B777 to enter service this Fri as PR116

Re: PAL

Solblanc
xzibit31 wrote
PR to fly to Seattle.

October 2 onwards.

3x per week

Nonstop.
With what plane though? The 77Ws are busy enough with their current schedule, and 370 pax is overkill if one wants to grow a 3x/weekly route.

Re: PAL

xzibit31
Ask PR.

They just announced the route expansion..

Re: PAL

JNC03

Re: PAL

xzibit31
More good news. I hope its true...

Re: PAL

Solblanc
JNC03 wrote
I guess that answers that. Perhaps another Garuda 77W will be online by then to take care of the winter schedule?

Incidentally, in some market newswires, Reuters supposedly reported that PAL is considering topping up their A35K order by 3 frames for a total of 12. The rest of the article is behind a paywall.

That fixes the long-haul and ULH products. Now if they can only fix the medium-haul products and get rid of the 9ab A330s already

77 expires in July to be replace by 84, and another 77w plane (85) is coming by October I think from Macquire. Don't know if it is also ex-Garuda.

Re: PAL

Evodesire
So PAL is set to receive 3 more 77Ws? Two ex GA and one non-GA?

Re: PAL

Evodesire
According to my sources from PAL, yes it is true.
1 ... 949596979899