Extant DC 3 in Philippines?

Juan359
Hello avgeeks. I am looking for a DC 3 In the Philippines for static display. I regret not purchasing any of the derelict ones near the Aboitz hangar years ago. Does anybody know if there is any DC 3 in the Philippines left?
It would be great if I could find one to rescue even if it is no longer flyable. Salamat.

Re: Extant DC 3 in Philippines?

You can find one in Zamboanga. Its still there in the latest google map

Re: Extant DC 3 in Philippines?

Juan359
Thank you, much appreciated!

Re: Extant DC 3 in Philippines?

Give us feedback when you are done with your project

Re: Extant DC 3 in Philippines?

Juan359
This will take a couple of years... I just finished my CX 747 F Class mock up. It’s as real as it gets complete with galley, lavs, entry doors. That took almost 3 years. Do you know where I can access photos of vintage 60s photographs of Philippine provincial airports? Like those that had shoulder-height chain link fences that allowed greeters to wave and see passengers board aircraft?  I recall one photo with PAL sign of Iloilo station that greeted: Felicidades Y Buen Viaje!

http://philippine-aviation-forum.29460.n7.nabble.com/Extant-DC-3-in-Philippines-tp2951p2954.html
To unsubscribe from Extant DC 3 in Philippines?, click here.
NAML

To unsubscribe from Extant DC 3 in Philippines?, click here.
NAML

Re: Extant DC 3 in Philippines?

The Filipinas Heritage Library in Makati should be helpful to your quest